This week in Islam

kimmy

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with radical Islam. Foreign governments didn't write the Koran.

The Qur'an is not to blame either. But the interpretation of it by radicals. Do we blame the bible for Christians going on killing sprees or do we blame their interpretation of it?

The Qur'an is not to blame either. But the interpretation of it by radicals. Do we blame the bible for Christians going on killing sprees or do we blame their interpretation of it?

So what does intervention have to do with the interpretation of the Koran? Regardless, it's not even the interpretation, it's the actual text itself in most cases.

So what does intervention have to do with the interpretation of the Koran? Regardless, it's not even the interpretation, it's the actual text itself in most cases.

Job might want to have a word with you. Why would a loving god put Job through so much just to prove a point to someone else?

I thought it was pointed out to you.....poverty and colonialism are common denominators.

They are common denominators throughout Asia, South and Central America and Africa. So? Do we see massive religious violence in Argentina or Zaire?

They are common denominators throughout Asia, South and Central America and Africa. So? Do we see massive religious violence in Argentina or Zaire?

Exactly. It's interesting that no African countries colonized by Christian countries produce such terrorism. You know, African countries where citizens speak French instead of Arabic. It's also interesting that India, perhaps the most populace country in the world, and formerly a victim of British imperialism and colonialism also doesn't produce such terrorism. Interesting that it's only countries that have the Koran as it's holy book. The religion of peace.

So every Islamic radical is getting some kind of funding?

The money the USA pissed away trying to pay off the terrorists and pay the new military and police forces end up going missing. So not only did the US leave behind enough military equipment to equip a small army, that money could have just ended up in the hands of the members of ISIS.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7737306/ns/world_news/t/us-probes-million-missing-iraq/#.U6SMALHelhE

updated 5/5/2005 11:11:07 AM ET

WASHINGTON — Americans overseeing cash handouts for rebuilding in southern Iraq could not adequately account for almost $100 million, and now criminal investigators are trying to figure out the money trail, according to a new audit by a government watchdog.

The Rapid Reconstruction Response Program or “R3P” was supposed to allow Paul Bremer’s Coalition Provisional Authority, which ran postwar Iraq, to quickly get local construction projects under way, in an effort to juice up an economy mired down by violence, corruption and chaos.

But an audit by the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction found that in the South Central Region, based in Hillah, officers “cannot properly account for or support $96.6 million in cash and receipts.”

These funds were just a small part of the multibillion-dollar “Development Fund of Iraq,” or DFI — money which had been entrusted to the CPA by the United Nations after the war.

But if you want to go back to something called the Iran-Contra affair.

Edited by GostHacked

Here is my honest perspective. I intend no insult, but I see the world as I see it and I hold all religions in utter and profound contempt. This says nothing about the existence of God which no living person can prove or disprove. If you believe that a being with the power to create our universe actually had their wishes interpreted correctly without prejudice or deceit then I believe you are delusional. Designing your ideology around myth has no place in any sane world IN MY OPINION. If you are free to speak your spiritual thoughts as a religious person you will hopefully respect my freedom to speak my thoughts as an absolute unbeliever. There may be a God, but I am not buying your perverted versions of Him/Her/It.

Given the multitude of opposing religious beliefs on the planet, one inescapable fact becomes clear.. if one belief is correct, then the others must be incorrect. I further propose that they are all incorrect. The onus of proof is on the claimants of these religious myths . None has been forthcoming in all of history, in my recollection. From ANY religion. The books are fables. Prove otherwise or you have no credibility in any sane argument.

Religion, as opposed to spirituality, deserves to die in my opinion, the sooner the better. It has been largely subverted as a mind control device, and none more so than Islam. While equally guilty of acts of obscene cruelty based on religious pretext, Christianity , Judaism, and the other myth-based cults appear to have been moderated in recent history by other more worldly influences like science, education and commerce.

The same cannot currently be said for Islam. It has not progressed and is retarded in this context. This is not a result of the Qur'an being anymore bloodthirsty than the other competing stories, but is a result of a more dogmatic zealotry among its' followers. Adherence to religious dogma in defiance of logic and easily available evidence is the domain of all religion, but thankfully as the level of education rises , dogmatic adherence drops. This is why all religions have opposed a genuine scientific education to a degree . Any glimpse of a real natural state of the world is anathema to religion.

Islam will eventually crumble under its' own ignorance in my opinion. If you ignore the minds of half your population, nature will take care of your demise . Educating women is not something you want to stop doing if you have any hope of survival in a changing world. Islam, in this dynamic worldview context, is incapable of proliferation without violent assistance. It can't proliferate naturally. It needs violent coercion to survive, and is still intrinsically tied with terrorism and bloodshed as the other religions once were. In my view it poses a far greater threat than the other dogmas, in that each follower is more zealous. This is not presumption, but based on my own immediate personal experience with followers.

As for those who would dismiss me as an agnostic outright, I would submit that if you actually believe the world is under ten thousand years old, then I rejoice in your dismissal. It strengthens my belief.

Exactly. It's interesting that no African countries colonized by Christian countries produce such terrorism.

Algeria

Angola

Djibouti

Egypt

Ethiopia

Kenya

Libya

Morocco

Nigeria

South Africa

Sudan

Tanzania

Uganda

Zimbabwe

Yup! No terrorism in Africa! ROFLMAO

Algeria

Angola

Djibouti

Egypt

Ethiopia

Kenya

Libya

Morocco

Nigeria

South Africa

Sudan

Tanzania

Uganda

Zimbabwe

Yup! No terrorism in Africa! ROFLMAO

Your comprehension is terrible. Thanks for making my point. Terrorism from Islamic countries in Africa. Not from Christian ones.

Your comprehension is terrible. Thanks for making my point. Terrorism from Islamic countries in Africa. Not from Christian ones.

The islamic state of S. Africa? News to me. And I thought Kenya was colonized by the English......maybe United Arabs of England.

Edited by Bob Macadoo

The islamic state of S. Africa? News to me. And I thought Kenya was colonized by the English......maybe United Arabs of England.

South Africa has terrorism? News to me. Kenya was colonized but the terrorists come from Somalia -- you know, where peaceful Muslims live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And this week in Islam, an evil, seductive ten year old girl shamed her entire extended family by seducing an innocent Mullah! For this, almost everyone agrees, she must die! Islam is a very moral religion, you know.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/20/family-under-pressure-to-kill-10-year-old-daughter-after-mullah-rapes-her-in-afghanistan-mosque/