This week in Islam

kimmy

Omar wins MN House seat; nation's first Somali-American lawmaker

Minneapolis organizer Ilhan Omar made history Tuesday when she won a Minnesota House seat and prepared to become the nation's first Somali-American legislator.

Omar, 34, won House District 60B, which comprises parts of the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood, southeast Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota. It was represented for decades by DFLer Phyllis Kahn. Omar defeated Kahn in a primary contest and ran virtually unopposed after her Republican opponent suspended his campaign for family reasons.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/11/08/first-us-somali-lawmaker-ilhan-omar-elected-mn-house

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

So Tel Aviv is now stolen land?

Get this through your head: Islam invaded the Middle East from Arabia. Stole the entire region.

Islam is despised.

You need to learn first that Islam is not a race, its a religion. Palestine issue has nothing with religions. 

BS...it has EVERYTHING to do with your barbaric religion.

Jews and Muslims had lived in peace for long years without having any problems under the rule of the barbaric religion in Ottoman times. So the source of problem is not Islam, its source is illegal Israel state and the countries who supports them. Leave the stolen Palestinian lands.

3 minutes ago, Altai said:

Jews and Muslims had lived in peace for long years without having any problems under the rule of the barbaric religion in Ottoman times. So the source of problem is not Islam, its source is illegal Israel state and the countries who supports them. Leave the stolen Palestinian lands.

Jews are cursed by Allah to be Apes and Pigs.

Jews are cursed by Allah to be Apes and Pigs.

Stop trolling. It is wrong and also has nothing with stealing people's lands. If Israel insist to invade and steal Palestinian lands, probably Turkiye is going to bang them. Its also written in Quran that Israel will complately be destroyed by the armies coming from the North.

Edited by Altai

38 minutes ago, Altai said:

Stop trolling. It is wrong and also has nothing with stealing people's lands. If Israel insist to invade and steal Palestinian lands, probably Turkiye is going to bang them. Its also written in Quran that Israel will complately be destroyed by the armies coming from the North.

Say, "Shall I inform you of [what is] worse than that as penalty from Allah ? [It is that of] those whom Allah has cursed and with whom He became angry and made of them apes and pigs and slaves of Taghut. Those are worse in position and further astray from the sound way."

https://quran.com/5:60

Seems I know the Quran better than you.

Say, "Shall I inform you of [what is] worse than that as penalty from Allah ? [It is that of] those whom Allah has cursed and with whom He became angry and made of them apes and pigs and slaves of Taghut. Those are worse in position and further astray from the sound way."

https://quran.com/5:60

Seems I know the Quran better than you.

Nope you dont know anything. I just dont reply you because Palestine issue has nothing with religions.

2 minutes ago, Altai said:

Nope you dont know anything. I just dont reply you because Palestine issue has nothing with religions.

Says you.

Reality shows the Arab-Israeli Conflict has EVERYTHING to do with your religion and its hatred for Jews.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/20-million-muslims-march-against-isis/ar-AAkJ1Lu

This headline is very misleading.  It says they are marching against ISIS.  They are not.  It's an annual pilgrimmage and they risk Sunni retaliation every year.

Why are you lying ? We have eyes and brains and fingers to click.

"Tens of millions of Shia Muslims have taken part in one of the biggest marches in the world, risking their lives to travel through Iraq in celebration of a famous Muslim martyr and in defiance of ISIS attacks"

Edited by Altai

Just now, Altai said:

Why are you lying ? We have eyes and brains. 

"Tens of millions of Shia Muslims have taken part in one of the biggest marches in the world, risking their lives to travel through Iraq in celebration of a famous Muslim martyr and in defiance of ISIS attacks"

"The Arba'een Pilgrimage is the world's largest public gathering that is held every year.

The pilgrims face dangers such as "attacks that have been blamed on Sunni extremists, who have routinely targeted the pilgrims" using car bombs or rockets. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arba'een_Pilgrimage

I'm surprised you know nothing of this annual pilgrimmage.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

"The Arba'een Pilgrimage is the world's largest public gathering that is held every year.

The pilgrims face dangers such as "attacks that have been blamed on Sunni extremists, who have routinely targeted the pilgrims" using car bombs or rockets. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arba'een_Pilgrimage

I'm surprised you know nothing of this annual pilgrimmage.

Oh God I really cant believe myself that I am going to explain such a simple logic to someone much more older than me.

News link says that they have been gathered to celebrate someone martyred and in defiance of ISIS attacks. You claim that they are there only to celebrate martyred persons. 

It would be true if you would say "They are not there only to condemn ISIS and news link creates such a perception."  But you lied to us and claimed that they are not there to comdemn ISIS but they are there to celebrate someone martyred as its done every year.

I really wont reply you anymore. Your IQ level is tiring me :lol:

Edited by Altai

8 hours ago, Altai said:

Its hatred for thieves.

Israel has stolen no land from you or anybody else no matter your nation's propaganda.

The Arabs started a war of aggression/extermination and lost. Be glad the Israelis didn't do to you what you wanted to do to them.

But you won't...your solution will be to attack yet again.

Islamic State wants recruits who lack knowledge of Islam

Paris • The jihadi employment form asked the recruits, on a scale of 1 to 3, to rate their knowledge of Islam. And the Islamic State applicants, herded into a hangar somewhere at the Syria-Turkey border, turned out to be overwhelmingly ignorant.

The extremist group could hardly have hoped for better.

At the height of Islamic State's drive for foot soldiers in 2013 and 2014, typical recruits included the group of Frenchmen who went bar-hopping with their recruiter back home, the recent European convert who now hesitantly describes himself as gay and two Britons who ordered "The Koran for Dummies" and "Islam for Dummies" from Amazon to prepare for jihad abroad. Their intake process complete, they were grouped in safe houses as a stream of Islamic State imams came in to indoctrinate them, according to court testimony and interviews by The Associated Press.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4237934-155/islamic-state-wants-recruits-who-lack

I don't know what motivated a gay person to convert to Islam, and I don't know whether he's forsaken his homosexuality, and had asked to be forgiven.   He may be trying to atone for his homosexuality by joining jihadists.  But one thing we do know.....

The lack of knowledge of Islam (the ignorance).....is apparent on those who try to separate the religion of Islam from jihad.

Edited by betsy

LoL Israelis cry in front of Muslim planes and begs to extinguish forest fire rapidly spreading all over the stolen Palestinian lands. Turkiye have sent three fire figthing planes to save turtles.

http://www.yeniakit.com.tr/haber/netanyahu-turk-ucaklarinin-onunde-aglamakli-konustu-239221.html

Edited by Altai

3 hours ago, betsy said:

I don't know what motivated a gay person to convert to Islam, and I don't know whether he's forsaken his homosexuality, and had asked to be forgiven.   He may be trying to atone for his homosexuality by joining jihadists.  But one thing we do know.....

The lack of knowledge of Islam (the ignorance).....is apparent on those who try to separate the religion of Islam from jihad.

"Lack of knowledge of Islam" is something I have often read in regard to these converts who want to join the jihad. I read an interview with a Toronto imam who expressed his concern. He talked about how he becomes suspicious when somebody shows up at the mosque all excited and wanting to convert right away.  On the one hand he obviously can't just turn people away, but on the other hand he wonders what their motivation is.

I believe that some mentally unstable individuals, like John Nuttall and Amanda Korody, are drawn to the idea of "jihad" rather than anything in particular about Islam. Rebels in search of a cause, perhaps.

-k

ISIS claims Ohio State University attacker Abdul Razak Ali Artan is 'soldier of Islamic State'

ISIS' 'Amaq News Agency reported knife attack on at the university was perpetrated by a "soldier of the Islamic State"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-claims-ohio-state-university-9360435

Here's the latest murder in the name of Islam. 

The Somali immigrant student was apparently inspired by the call for jihad.  Knife or machete,  was the favored choice of weapon.

Edited by betsy

As for the beatings of women.....

‘After the beating’: Moroccan TV airs makeup tips for hiding domestic violence

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/28/after-the-beating-moroccan-tv-airs-makeup-tips-for-hiding-domestic-violence/?utm_term=.e064dba6088e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ifBvFE3s5w

This is the norm we're bringing in to Canada.

Edited by betsy