George W. Bush Paintings

Cool...is there a painting of Prime Minister Paul Martin begging for oil services contracts in Iraq...after the invasion ?

pardon! Could you repeat that?

No, but I do remember PM Martin begging Bush for contracts in Iraq.

Then Canada begged Bush for access to bidding on Iraq's oil services contracts and other rebuilding projects.

PM Martin begged Bush for access to Iraqi oil service contracts after the invasion dirty work was over.

PM Martin pleads Canada's case for Iraq with President Bush, who tolerates his continued begging:

True....President Reagan supported him by bombing his residence in 1986, while PM Martin supported him by begging for Canadian oil services contracts in a tent. The Canadian contractors had to run for their lives once the romance fizzled.

Begging Bush for contracts afterwards was just icing on the grovel cake.

Chretien and Martin still begged for oil services contracts after the invasion was over.

Yes...once all that nasty "invading" was over. Bush had mercy for France, Germany, and Canada to bid on Iraq re-construction contracts. Never let Canadian "principles" stand in the way of making money.

...then Bush had a date with Paul Martin....PMPM begged pretty please for Canada to get some contracts in Iraq!

Correct...it is much worse, as the same Canadian PM got down on his knees and begged George Bush for access to oil services contracts in post-invasion Iraq.

Of course, soon after all the shooting was settling down, Canada wanted a piece of the action in Iraq, from Paul Martin begging Bush for oil service contracts to web sites like this:

But Paul Martin had tea in his tent and begged for Canadian oil services contracts.

Instead PM Martin begged at Bush's feet for oil services contracts in Iraq after the invadin' was done. Afghanistan was Chretien's joint, remember?

As for Iraq, PM Martin begged President Bush for a piece of the oil services contracts once all the big shootin' was done.

Well, there was Paul Martin begging George Bush for access to oil services contracts in Iraq...after the invasion! wink.gif

After PM Paul Martin begged President Bush for a piece of the Iraq action, it was off to Libya for some coffee with Ghadaffi! wink.gif

This after Martin begged George Bush to let Canada bid on oil services contracts in Iraq after the invasion was done, of course.

This is the same guy who begged George Bush for access to lucrative Iraq contracts AFTER all the coalition of the willing invadin' was done.

Of course, once the invasion was over, PM Martin got on his knees and begged Bush for access to Iraqi oil services contracts.

PM Martin begged Bush for access to Iraqi oil services contracts...after the invasion was over.

Not only did it do so, it laughed in Canada's face the whole way. Then PM Martin begged Bush for sweet oil services contracts. Too funny!

PM Martin begged Bush for and received a piece of the action for post invasion services contracts.

Canada will always be sitting on the fence when it comes to the invasion of Iraq, from the half baked compromise with Mexico that would have guaranteed invasion anyway, to the begging by PM Martin for access to post invasion service contracts for "credit" earned.

PM Martin begged for access to services contracts

Indeed, more attention was spent by nations (like Canada) in getting lucrative post invasion service contracts and a piece of the huge US spending pie. PM Martin begged President Bush not to be excluded like the French and Germans. LOL!

Martin came begging later for a piece of the Iraq oil services contracts.

PM Martin begged for a piece of the action in the way of oil services contracts after the invasion!

PM Martin begged for a piece of the post war action in Iraq. Lot's of money to be made playing dominoes, just like in 'Nam.

Even as coalition forces did the dying, PM Martin begged for a piece of the action. Bush tossed him a bone....

So...I take it the "argument"--apparently at bottom an objection to a piece of satire from The Onion--hinges around the fact that, yes, Bush is a dirty little criminal...but so is Paul Martin! :)

Fine. If that helps you, then sure, Martin is doubtless a degenerate...as well as the murderous little aristocrat who is the subject of the OP.

So we're all in agreement!

I think Bush's paintings are pretty good. I used to dislike him but that has changed over time.

This thread is based on a falsehood, there are no dead children in his paintings. There's no reason to post junk like this, other than to incite a useless argument and provoke one person. Talk about trolling? Here it is.

I think Bush's paintings are pretty good. I used to dislike him but that has changed over time.

This thread is based on a falsehood, there are no dead children in his paintings. There's no reason to post junk like this, other than to incite a useless argument and provoke one person. Talk about trolling? Here it is.

Very good point. This thread is trolling 101.

Obviously and unambiguously satire....a joke thread, with a video posted from the popular and very well known satirical organization called "The Onion"....is trolling?

:)

Look, fellas, I'm trying very hard, and in a very gentlemanly fashion, to continue to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why undermine such a thing as that?

:)

So let me educate you a little bit: if this thread is trolling, then every political joke made on this site, by anyone and for any reason, and without exception, is "trolling."

By definition.

So...that is your stance? Really?

Edited by bleeding heart

Obviously and unambiguously satire....a joke thread, with a video posted from the popular and very well known satirical organization called "The Onion"....is trolling?

Because of that BH, this thread became a whole lot more funny. :D Maybe reading comprehension is dead, or no one bothered to click your link. At least we have some critical thinkers on this board.

It's a hilarious video, and I'm glad BH posted it. It's also highly amusing that some members here are having a tantrum over a joke made about a guy who's been out of office for 5 years.

For what it's worth, since leaving office G.W. Bush has been actively involved in humanitarian work in Africa. He has also refused to participate in political discussions out of a sense of propriety.

GhfD7cO.jpg

-k

...For what it's worth, since leaving office G.W. Bush has been actively involved in humanitarian work in Africa. He has also refused to participate in political discussions out of a sense of propriety.

President Bush was actively involved with humanitarian aid for Africa while in office as well:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/george-w-bushs-legacy-on-africa-wins-praise-even-from-foes/

He has also refused to participate in political discussions out of a sense of propriety.

-k

It's just a shame this sense in particular couldn't have come to him sooner in life.

I think the underlying premise of this satirical piece from the Onion - wondering how Bush sleeps at night is certainly a valid question in many minds. If the horror of what he helped commit does ever come to him I hope a sense of impropriety comes with it and he finds it within himself to caution other people of power to think thrice before using their power the way he did. He'll probably run the risk of discovering that horror through insights that come to him via his humanitarian work. I'm betting he's probably on really thin mental ice already.

Edited by eyeball

No, I think President Bush will be just fine because of the personal conviction that drove his decisions in the first place. Bush is strong in his faith and the religious foundation that provides relief and forgiveness for any mistakes made, some of which he will readily admit too. What he won't ever apologize for is making those decisions as a duty of his elected office. Projecting another value system on another individual does not mean they will fall to pieces "mentally". Bush has also received millions of counter messages demonstrating support for his decisions. It's not a one-sided affair.