What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

You keep missing the point. Why would we ignore the person that we don't think is a troll and in the meantime, other members here have already realized this member is a troll.

It is the MLW way for adults to keep the peace.

Not all of you are in agreement over who is a "troll" and who is not. You think you are but you are not.

It is the MLW way for adults to keep the peace.

Not all of you are in agreement over who is a "troll" and who is not. You think you are but you are not.

I think the majority can agree on a couple trolls that seem to stand out, and has been for years. But because you may personally like them, does not mean they are not a troll.

You keep missing the point. Why would we ignore the person that we don't think is a troll and in the meantime, other members here have already realized this member is a troll. It is a frustrating experience to discover that a member is a troll under different personas and we are carrying on discussions with them. It leaves a terrible experience for the member who is honestly just trying to debate with a 'real' 'honest' member. If a moderator thinks we have a troll and other members have indicated the same thoughts, why is this 'troll' allowed to poison the forum.

Why do we need to 'ignore' someone who is suspected of having multiple accounts. Why are they even allowed to belong to this forum, even if they are conversing civilly? Don't these trolls diminish the reputation of this forum?

It is my opinion that you are a troll.

I get they aren't paid. But if folks are going to volunteer, than at least take the position with the utmost respect.

You're dictating how volunteers should take a position? In my religion we call that chutzpah, or unmitigated gall. The kind that someone who kills her parents possesses when she pleads for mercy on account that she's an orphan.

In one of the threads, Michael states that profanity is not allowed so he had "edited" a few posts. I respectfully suggest that if something is not allowed and is present in a post then the post disappears. Censoring by removing a post is a valid and effective method of maintaining a standard. Censoring by making changes to a post opens doors that you may have difficulty closing.

If someone is baiting someone would you then change the wording of the "baiting" to make it acceptable?

I accept the fact that it is a privilege to post here, a privilege that can be removed very quickly. It becomes a sanction and warning that loses its effect if it is not used.

If someone is baiting someone would you then change the wording of the "baiting" to make it acceptable?

You mean like posting quotes from Nazis which are clearly aimed at certain posters? If you're that concerned about being punished for it maybe you should just stop doing that.

You mean like posting quotes from Nazis which are clearly aimed at certain posters? If you're that concerned about being punished for it maybe you should just stop doing that.

Why are you saying certain.....be clear he's saying your postings follow along Nazi tenets.....if you are that concerned about the comparison maybe you should stop doing that.

Why are you saying certain.....be clear he's saying your postings follow along Nazi tenets.....if you are that concerned about the comparison maybe you should stop doing that.

It's impossible to be concerned about religious extremism and economic outcomes of immigrants from certain parts of the world without being a Nazi. We all know that, of course.

I'm not the least concerned as only a total moronic imbecile would equate any of my postings with Nazi tenets. I'm simply pointing out that his whining about people baiting other posters would possibly draw more sympathy if he didn't try so desperately to do just that.

A quote is only a copy of something that someone else has said. If you think that it apples to you then that is your problem. Like I said earlier, if the shoe fits then wear it - even if it is a jackboot.

It passes totally over your head how astonishingly hypocritical it is of you to snivel on about other posters trying to bait people while you do it yourself, doesn't it?

.....and I'm just pointing out the irony to your post......whiny is as whiny does.

There was no 'irony' in my post. Apparently that word is one of many you have reading difficulties with.

Edited by Argus

Well Greg, I see the thread is working. You are getting examples of what is wrong and what improvements might help this forum. At this point in time, you have been very magnanimous and allowed some posters to walk very close to the line. It does allow those with unsavory views to spout their venom within the limits of common standards and allow the other posters the opportunity to make their own decisions based on a posters bigoted and misogynous rants - but there is a line.

I suggest that the border of decency in anonymous electronic board interactions is tested often. If you do not draw a line of acceptability then the members of this board will soon lose interest in participating. You have a good thing going here. Don't let one or two posters with apparent sociological problems ruin it.

I suggest that the border of decency in anonymous electronic board interactions is tested often. If you do not draw a line of acceptability then the members of this board will soon lose interest in participating.

I actually look forward to when the more self-righteous, indignant types who despise free speech flounce out of the room and leave the conversation to the grown-ups.

I actually look forward to when the more self-righteous, indignant types who despise free speech flounce out of the room and leave the conversation to the grown-ups.

Not gonna happen any time soon. Self-righteousness and indignation are renewable resources.

Sorry, but you walked right into it.

I did? Where have I shown I'm against free speech? Now if I had, you might have a point, but I'm the opposite, which is why your stupid little remark was a fail.