What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

So this thread is going on ten months old. Any decision on changes? On anything new? On new topics? I think I'd like the one for cartoons on political and social issues for one...

I think the person is Greg that has to make the decision.

We're all waiting for him.

WWWTT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ha, is that what you think I actually did?

Pretty much. Haven't seen anything from you since February on this subject. Haven't seen ANYTHING from you since March when you got ticked off at the discussion on moderation.

• 2 weeks later...

No. And if we were going to have a country specific heading it ought to be Israel.

We already have US politics and Canada/US relations.

China is Canada's second largest trading partner and China is now the #1 world economic super power.

Harper and other Canadian politicians can't go a week without there being some kind of deal/trade/discussion with China.

In fact, I would say judging from the media, Canada China relations is way more discussed as opposed to Canada US.

WWWTT

We already have US politics and Canada/US relations.

China is Canada's second largest trading partner and China is now the #1 world economic super power.

Harper and other Canadian politicians can't go a week without there being some kind of deal/trade/discussion with China.

In fact, I would say judging from the media, Canada China relations is way more discussed as opposed to Canada US.

WWWTT

I would actually have to agree with this. Perhaps we have a Canada/US relations category because they are more like us?

Living on the west coast, our politics/media cover much more of pacific rim developments/issues/opportunities. The U.S. is hardly discussed (except for good deals to be found south of the border)

I would actually have to agree with this. Perhaps we have a Canada/US relations category because they are more like us?

This site was started over ten years ago.

The Canada/US relations topic makes sense considering our geography and past dependency on the US.

But the times have definitely changed.

As well, here is Southern Ontario, China is discussed non stop!

WWWTT

This site was started over ten years ago.

The Canada/US relations topic makes sense considering our geography and past dependency on the US.

But the times have definitely changed.

As well, here is Southern Ontario, China is discussed non stop!

WWWTT

Yes, I understand the past history with the U.S. However, I believe that perhaps today it is because we can identify more closely with them when in fact, perhaps we should focus on asian relationships.

Sure...big difference in the television commercials you see for programming coming out of the U.S.

Watch mostly Mandarin TV now. Primarily from mainland China and some from Taiwan. The odd time Canton from Guandong province. They use simplified characters some I understand and eventually I will challenge the dialect.

So I will have to take your word for it thanks

WWWTT

Can we stop with the "report and ignore" charade? Yeah. We all get it. Report it so you guys can ignore it. You don't have to tell people every time they get frustrated with the lack of moderation here that they should "report and ignore" things.

Why come to a forum that everyone agrees with you on? If you want that buy a dog.

If I wanted a forum where everyone agreed with me, I would post at one. Put your strawman away.

Cybercoma, it happens I'm agreeing with you. You don't pretend to be ignoring and reporting people. Put your "sour grapes" away.

If a thread is going to be locked for a day or two, I would expect it would be unlocked without me having to initiate the unlock? Since when do we have to initiate the 'unlocks'? I didn't know this.

That was to be notified of the unlock. Of course a poster has no right to lock or unlock threads.

Report it so you guys can ignore it.

This comment, to my mind, ignores the amount of work and discussion the moderators do behind the scenes. Inaction by the moderators on a complaint doesn't mean it was ignored. There have been issues raised through members' reports that generate a lot of discussion and back-and-forth before the moderators decided that the post should be left alone, ie. that the comment reported on was actually "fair" discussion.