Keystone XL pipeline

Obama is a President who sticks his thumb in the eye of friends, while adhering to, and giving aid and comfort to the enemies of the U.S. and the West.

I guess thats what he is doing by bombing ISIS eh. I suppose your so called thumb in the eye is the veto of the XL pipeline. The US is awash in oil so they dont need the XL. So both your arguments seem rather weak.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess thats what he is doing by bombing ISIS eh. I suppose your so called thumb in the eye is the veto of the XL pipeline. The US is awash in oil so they dont need the XL. So both your arguments seem rather weak.

I am strongly pro-XL. Canada is an ally and should be treated as such; not as garbage.

• 8 months later...

Trans Canada solicited another big fat "NO" from the U.S. State Department, which will not delay its review decision about permitting the Keystone XL pipeline to cross the U.S. border. Trans Canada sought a delay to reportedly settle right-of-way issues in Nebraska, but it was probably a stalling tactic to get a better chance with a new president.

I expect President Obama's administration to grandstand the final Keystone XL pipeline "NO" decision at COP21 in Paris.

Is this PM Trudeau's first foreign policy failure ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I have to admit that the environmentalists have done a great job of a) shutting down the energy sector in Canada by choking off all markets except the one that pays the worst(the US) and B) convincing our people and own governments that this is somehow in our interest, to not build any infrastructure at all,to get this crucial part of our economy to markets.

Maybe it's part of NEP version 2.0....a Trudeau legacy still loved to this day in Alberta.

This will become more apparent every day.

The budget will balance itself.

So Obama has finally shuffled up to the microphone and said he won't allow the Keystone pipeline. "I'm paid way too much money by the environmental lobby to approve this, folks" he said, or should have said.

The US has built 12,000 miles of pipelines in the last five years, but somehow, this one was different. Except it wasn't any different. The real attack here is on the Canadian oil industry, not on the pipeline. The US which still uses massive quantities of coal, is allowing its environmentalists to push their agenda on Canada instead.

The US still imports millions of barrels of oil every day, and it will still wind up getting massive amounts from Canada through existing pipelines as well as through huge trainloads crossing the border every day. But hopefully this gives new impetus for us to push through pipelines to the coasts to find more honest customers. I also can't help hoping that the fracking this is as short-lived as some have estimated, and that some day, perhaps ten years from now, Americans will be lining up for gas while our oil is shipped to China.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/energy-and-resources/obama-to-reject-transcanadas-keystone-xl-pipeline-source-says/article27144973/

I love it...the NDP kicks 'em while they are down:

NDP House Leader Peter Julian welcomed the decision and urged Trudeau to ensure a "rigorous" environmental assessment process for other projects.

"The Keystone XL pipeline would have shipped quality, middle-class Canadian jobs across the border. It was a bad deal for Canadians, bad for both the environment and the economy. Conservatives and Liberals lobbied hard for Keystone XL, but President Barack Obama is standing with progressives across North America by rejecting it."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-keystone-pipeline-trudeau-obama-1.3307458

President Obama is showing the strong "progressive" leadership that Canada lacks in Ottawa because of Canadian voters. How ironic !

If by that you mean he's being a political whore with no interest in truth or facts then I suppose you're correct.

If by that you mean he's being a political whore with no interest in truth or facts then I suppose you're correct.

Of course I'm correct....welcome to the real world PM Trudeau. President Obama purposely waited to reject Keystone XL until after Trudeau entered office. Who's your Daddy, Justin ? Enjoy those CF-188s coming home soon !

Of course I'm correct....welcome to the real world PM Trudeau. President Obama purposely waited to reject Keystone XL until after Trudeau entered office. Who's your Daddy, Justin ? Enjoy those CF-188s coming home soon !

I'm wondering if someone will find Harper and ask him about the decision, now that he's free to speak his mind unhindered by any worries about being diplomatic... I'd really love to hear his unvarnished opinions of Obama on this issue.