Keystone XL pipeline

Are there really any fourth world nations anymore?

You underestimate the power of our neoprogressive education system and media. All the movies with scary ominous music as ice caps melt in the summer, to poor baby seals looking sad, to children being taught about how to be activists to advance the cause of 'Climate Justice', etc.

Some change their minds when they get their drivers' license and start working a job and seeing the tax withholding line.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some change their minds when they get their drivers' license and start working a job and seeing the tax withholding line.

I'm not that optimistic.

Also, the young people trying to enter the work force today have been indoctrinated with alarmist propaganda since they entered school, this didn't occur with previous generations.

Why would Canadians think there is some sort of "right" for a pipeline to go from Canada to the USA. That's for the USA to decide.

US refineries want our oil. Where is the need for government to step in to stop it? Thousands of miles of pipelines are built across the US every year. Why was this one blocked?

Well, we could always ask them to account for the money...

Hahahahahahaha Just kidding. I know we would never do that.

Trudeau doesn't even want our own native chiefs to be accountable for the money given them. He's vowed to reverse the clarity act which required disclosure.

US refineries want our oil. Where is the need for government to step in to stop it? Thousands of miles of pipelines are built across the US every year. Why was this one blocked?

For the same reasons that pipelines are blocked in Canada.

Why would pipeline opponents support that which Canada will not even build itself (East and West) ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Why would pipeline opponents support that which Canada will not even build itself (East and West) ?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot came from people who've been content to let eastern bastards freeze and could care less about any national policy that might relax that attitude. Edited by eyeball

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot came from people who've been content to let eastern bastards freeze and could care less about any national policy that might relax that attitude.

You would know better than I. The USA builds pipelines all the time...don't know what the problem is in Canada except that it just can't seem to get done for any number of reasons/excuses.

I'm not that optimistic.

Also, the young people trying to enter the work force today have been indoctrinated with alarmist propaganda since they entered school, this didn't occur with previous generations.

My generation was heavily indoctrinated on two things: 1) Nuclear war, i.e. “duck and cover”; and 2) non-smoking. I got over the first one, which was designed to encourage dovish foreign policies. On the second I still havcen’t smoked a tobacco (as opposed to marijuana) cigarette to this day.

East-West makes little sense if NL is now producing oil.

My generation was heavily indoctrinated on two things: 1) Nuclear war, i.e. “duck and cover”

And look how it's affected our foreign policy with Russia. All our politicians have this cold-war mentality which has resulted in us funding 'moderate rebels' to engage in a proxy war with Russia over Syria, reduced our cooperation with Russia to fight ISIS, and has resulted in unnecessary polarization in Ukraine, which contributed to the civil war.

And look how it's affected our foreign policy with Russia.

You don't think maybe our foreign policy with Russia is more affected by that country being run by a murderous mafia group which kills anyone who gets in their way and invades other countries? Maybe?

Next one up: Enbridge has had an application to increase capacity on the existing Alberta Clipper oil pipeline between Canada and the US since 2013. The Clipper (also called Line 67) is a big one, but was only built in 2010, when it was deemed to be in the national interests of America.

The applciation has been pending since 2013. Waiting for Obama. He sure is a slow thinker.

You don't think maybe our foreign policy with Russia is more affected by that country being run by a murderous mafia group

No, no I don't. It is primarily due to a cold war mentality. Also, mass confirmation bias in our society doesn't help.

invades other countries? Maybe?

Who did Russia invade? They have permission from the Syrian government and the Crimeans voted in a referendum to join Russia.

No, no I don't. It is primarily due to a cold war mentality. Also, mass confirmation bias in our society doesn't help.

I seem to recall that our attitude towards Russia softened considerably before Vlad the Impaler took over and started turning the country into an vicious kleptocracy.

Who did Russia invade?

So far? Georgia and Ukraine.

They have permission from the Syrian government and the Crimeans voted in a referendum to join Russia.

I held seventeen more referendums in Crimea and the Crimeans voted 99% against having Russia invade and take over.

And my seventeen referendums have every bit as much legitimacy as the one the FSB held.