Harper's secret agenda

Topaz

Maybe Harper's so-called secret agenda is just that, an agenda to keep information a secret or slowed down in getting out. Canada's Info. Com. says that THIS government, is not the most transparent. She has 7000 complaints to deal with from people trying to get info. from the departments. These departments are asking for an extension of giving out the info if its more than 30 days as the rules say. So common sense says that the government is trying to hide or stop info. coming out so why is that? What are they trying to hide. Every thing they are doing will come out after the next government take over. BTW, I heard that Harper maybe thinking of not having an election Oct. 2015. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/feds-not-transparent-says-information-commissioner-171612490.html

I heard that Harper maybe thinking of not having an election Oct. 2015.
Yes - in the dens of the harper haters any rumour - no matter how implausible - is immediately accepted as fact if because the harper haters get a rush off it.

Hate is such a negative word yet so many people seem to revel in it. Whether is NDP vs Cons, Dems vs Rep, Jew vs Arab. It is almost as if the object if the hate is not important - the haters just need to hate because they are addicted to it like a coke addict craves cocaine.

Edited by TimG

Maybe Harper's so-called secret agenda is just that, an agenda to keep information a secret or slowed down in getting out. Canada's Info. Com. says that THIS government, is not the most transparent. She has 7000 complaints to deal with from people trying to get info. from the departments. These departments are asking for an extension of giving out the info if its more than 30 days as the rules say. So common sense says that the government is trying to hide or stop info. coming out so why is that? What are they trying to hide. Every thing they are doing will come out after the next government take over. BTW, I heard that Harper maybe thinking of not having an election Oct. 2015. http://ca.news.yahoo...-171612490.html

How did you hear PM Harper thinking?

Harper isn't a female.

Read linkys

Canada's Information Commissioner, Suzanne Legault,

'

Let me guess you are going to say he isn't transvestite either.

Also I'm not greatly upset information requests on the department of national defence are going unanswered.

I think there should be godsmacked and a stern reply. Information either doesn't exist or is classified or above secrecy, file again in 50-100 years. This response does not indicate information exists, but if it did exist you would not have access to it. Please apply to work at DND or CSIS or other agency which has access to canada's secrets for more insight. Thankyou for asking. Sorry, Please try again.

Of course the government could take the free for all aproach...

in addition to your request for information we are giving you an RPG and a set of keys to a brand new leased leopard II! Call 1 416-777-5555 for more info, skill testing question may apply.

Edited by shortlived

Yes - in the dens of the harper haters any rumour - no matter how implausible - is immediately accepted as fact if because the harper haters get a rush off it.

Hate is such a negative word yet so many people seem to revel in it. Whether is NDP vs Cons, Dems vs Rep, Jew vs Arab. It is almost as if the object if the hate is not important - the haters just need to hate because they are addicted to it like a coke addict craves cocaine.

Why don't you stick to addressing the post, instead of impuning motives and finding imaginary drug-addled monsters hiding between the lines?

Why don't you stick to addressing the post, instead of impuning motives and finding imaginary drug-addled monsters hiding between the lines?

Ahh because the motives matter, and becuase of the irrational hatred many people have for a governemnt that has been no worse, and perhaps no better than many we have had before, but then this is a conservative, western based party, and the vast majority of the complaints against it are either unproven or can be rationally explained. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree, but remeber all of those hot button issues that were part of the dreaded, darth vader-imperial empire like secret agenda that the liberals used against the conservatives, well, none of them have actually happened.

but then this is a conservative, western based party,

I agree with your statement and I'm not trying to pick on you but can someone explain why this conservative goverment is a western based goverment. I understand that Harper holds his seat in Calgary but he was also born and raised in Toronto.

Moreso...there are 71 Conservative MPs from BC, Alberta, Sask, and Manitoba combined. Ontario has 73 alone. Then Quebec and Maritimes have 19. I'm not trying to complain about West vs. East as I fully understand its representation by population but no matter what....it will always be an Ontario or Quebec goverment. Maybe this year we have more of a voice but I don't see the western base.

There seems to have been a huge amount of thread drift from the OP and we've just hit page 2.

Our Information Commissioner is complaining that the Government is hiding information. Anyone who believes in democracy should be concerned about this regardless of your opinion of Harper. Whatever happened to his promise to be more transparent & accountable? Or was that promise only good up to the point of actually getting elected?

Edited by ReeferMadness

Some of you, Tories supporters, should chill.I really think it sad that you rather attack someone that is talking about a party/government that came to power to be different, to be open to be accountability, which has gone in the other direction! I DO NOT HATE anyone including Harper, BUT I do not like what he has done while in the PMO. I am saying nothing that you, Tory supporters, wouldn't say. So if you get off in attacking people for their views, very immature way of communication, then go ahead and I will come back at you on my views but not on a personal attack mode that you do. The commissioner has a view towards this government and if you don't like it write your MP.

Some of you, Tories supporters, should chill.I really think it sad that you rather attack someone that is talking about a party/government that came to power to be different, to be open to be accountability, which has gone in the other direction! I DO NOT HATE anyone including Harper, BUT I do not like what he has done while in the PMO. I am saying nothing that you, Tory supporters, wouldn't say. So if you get off in attacking people for their views, very immature way of communication, then go ahead and I will come back at you on my views but not on a personal attack mode that you do. The commissioner has a view towards this government and if you don't like it write your MP.

Then perhaps you can try and actually read your own articles instead of making stuff up like this:

BTW, I heard that Harper maybe thinking of not having an election Oct. 2015. http://ca.news.yahoo...-171612490.html

someof the posters on this site are paranoid

The thing is, as long as Harper's opponents get faked out by their own fears of agenda items in a grand conspiracy, then the Torys have nothing to worry about. Speculate away, libs!

Edited by sharkman

Conspiracy and agenda are not synonymous.

What conspiracy? What agenda? Othe than good governance and growing the economy?

And one poster stated "Accountability"? This has benn the MOST accountable governent in recent history.. "Accountability" is simplt a catch-phrase used out of context for anything the opposition doesnt like. I myself would like Thomas Mulcair to account for his position on the 50%+1 in a QC referendum! "Accountability now"!!!