Brazeau... Ex-Senator?

Well... while we don't know all the details, other than what he's been charged with, how long till he gets the boot?

Interesting side note, he claims...

Brazeau also told the court that the Gatineau home where he was arrested is his principal address, which conflicts with what he has previously said while defending why he claimed living expenses for his time in Ottawa despite making his home less than 100 kilometres away.

How long until he has to pay back his living allowance?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/02/08/senator_patrick_brazeau_expected_in_court_after_domestic_violence_incident.html

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, it's like winning a super Cash For Life scratch ticket. $2,500 per week tax free until 75 years of age or death, whichever comes first.

Don't forget they only show for work about 3 days a week (when Parliament is even in session). It really is one of the best jobs in Canada. I'm not sure how many other jobs have 100% job security for life (essentially) with the pay/benefits and so few hours a year these people actually have to work.

There does seem to be some random policing on here. I had a thread pulled due to a question I asked, and then posted the same question in another thread and it stayed.

I think it might depend on whether or not the report alarm is activated.

The only thing Harper can do is kick him out of caucus. Brazeau will continue to be a Senator until he's 75, unless he's convicted. In this case, I think I read in one of the articles that he's being charged under summary he can only be removed from his position for indictable offences (I think). In other words, he'll sit as an independent that will vote with the Conservatives until he's 75.

There does seem to be some random policing on here. I had a thread pulled due to a question I asked, and then posted the same question in another thread and it stayed.

I think it might depend on whether or not the report alarm is activated.

I got told to leave for a month in December, Greg said he sent a warning to my e-mail, which I rarely check and so didn't know about the warning, its becomes stressful at times not knowing what is going to set these guys off. Maybe if they visited the forum of "Kick Ass", they seen we are calm over here. Anyway, I've got 11 warnings and I'm waiting for #12.

I got told to leave for a month in December, Greg said he sent a warning to my e-mail, which I rarely check and so didn't know about the warning, its becomes stressful at times not knowing what is going to set these guys off. Maybe if they visited the forum of "Kick Ass", they seen we are calm over here. Anyway, I've got 11 warnings and I'm waiting for #12.

I only have one warning. I must be doing something wrongsad.png

I never check the email I used to join here either. Maybe I should look in on it once in a while.

That's surprising. I always thought topaz was among the best posters here, because he/she always talks about current Canadian issues in politics, and they always seem to be polite.

I posted about this yesterday afternoon but Greg or Charles must have pulled it. Wonder why? Was it the part of saying if the all the appointed senators by the Harper start getting kick out we'll, end up with a more balance senate? Is that harmful?
Topaz, whatever Greg/Charles/MLF think of you, ordinary Canadians have decided about modern politics, and modern politicians.

Nowadays, most Canadians think/suspect that all politicians are "on the take" or "in it for ego". Yet, most Canadians (French & English) believe that Stephen Harper is honest, and they believe he has no ego (charisma). (Justin Trudeau? Another story.)

For a politician like Harper, talk about a sweet spot.

Edited by August1991

They are pretty minor charges. Its not like it is rape and aggravated assault. This pretty much amounts to touching someone like on the but or boobs in his house. Why did she go to his house in the first place? None the less more info is waited on to see exactly what the charges are over. This is made more complex due to the publication ban. Feels like all details aren't going to be public, which is problematic when it involves an MP. Also to clarify "Brazeau gave an address in Maniwaki, Que., as his home" the issue here is some people don't get people have more than one property or place of residence, what is so hard to understand here. Millions of Canadian students live this reality when they are in school. Meanwhile lots of elites have multiple residences scattered throughout the world, what don't you understand? The Queen has a handful of homes herself.

Edited by shortlived

This pretty much amounts to touching someone like on the but or boobs in his house.

of course...thus the court appearance. It seems pretty obvious she didnt go there to be groped.

ETA: like moonbox above, I find it astounding that some of these clowns blessed with the golden goose just cant stop themselves from scamming another 20Grand.

Edited by Peter F

of course...thus the court appearance. It seems pretty obvious she didnt go there to be groped.

ETA: like moonbox above, I find it astounding that some of these clowns blessed with the golden goose just cant stop themselves from scamming another 20Grand.

Sounds like he just made a move and was rejected. These are "summary" charges. Not even a hybrid assault charge, this sounds very minor. They weren't indictable charges so conviction would not lead to senate ejection. This is pretty much an interpersonal dispute and extremely minor. "He touched someone who didn't want to be touched" is what the charges amount to. Not what I would call "serious" if it was ongoing, and of the harassing sort it would be serious but a one time move at his house? get real.. unless there is actual information describing some heinous ongoing this is just someone who didn't like what he did but not something others havn't dealt with without charges being laid. I would even say the expense of the court process will likely be totally disproportional to what actually occurred. This stated only seeing the charges and no information on what happened, since the charges and his court appearance seem like a bigger event than the "Crime". Edited by shortlived

They are pretty minor charges. Its not like it is rape and aggravated assault. This pretty much amounts to touching someone like on the but or boobs in his house. Why did she go to his house in the first place? None the less more info is waited on to see exactly what the charges are over. This is made more complex due to the publication ban. Feels like all details aren't going to be public, which is problematic when it involves an MP. Also to clarify "Brazeau gave an address in Maniwaki, Que., as his home" the issue here is some people don't get people have more than one property or place of residence, what is so hard to understand here. Millions of Canadian students live this reality when they are in school. Meanwhile lots of elites have multiple residences scattered throughout the world, what don't you understand? The Queen has a handful of homes herself.

He forced himself on a girl. No big deal, eh?

Imagine a gay guy grabbing at your parts when you don't want him to.