Brazeau... Ex-Senator?

well except perhaps brazeau he's on team liberal.

I notice however you say has been, do you mean has been or is?

Brazeau is Conservative.

The Congress of Aboriginal Peoples had come to the political aid of Harper's Conservative party in the critical 2006 election that first brought it to power, as well as in the early years of the Harper government.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/02/12/f-vp-basen-brazeau.html

Edited by jacee

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the stated assault was after a notice to leave the premises. I'm not sure of trespass law in quebec.

Although I am curious why she was at his house for two days and wasn't wearing her bra or underwear when the stated assault took place

???

"

He allegedly ripped up a bra and a blouse that she held in her hands as she packed her bags."

????

"one of the alleged victim’s breasts in an “aggressive way” and brought down her pants, breaking the button and the zipper,"

Edited by shortlived

After hearing the arresting officers notes I don't think he will be convicted at all. I think he will be acquitted Especially the sex assault charge sounds pretty weak at first glance.

"had visible injuries when she called 911."

I am wondering if she left the premises after she was told to leave, I think the assault charge would be in question. If so as I'm sorta wondering if use of force to eject someone from your properly is legitimate use of force?

Now if they weren't having rough sex, then, I would definitely call any visible damage to her breasts to be indicative of sexual assault. Although it could have been incidental to the "pushing assault" which would have been legitmate use of force to remove her from the place after refusing to vacate the premises on notice of the owner.

it seems a refusal to vacate can illicit the ability for the person charged with the property to use force to remove the trespasser.

the sexual assault thing is something else entirely though and more info is needed on that.

Edited by shortlived

If you want someone to leave, you push them out. You don't punch their arm, grab their breast and try to rip their pants off.

I dunno, grabing of the pants could have been to get hold of clothing to use to to remove her.

Ripping the panties up though is definitely issued......................

also the grab breast part.. is sexually, but once again it may have been somewhere that he could get a hold of.

a punch to the arm is relatively reaonsble use of force imo.

From what I've seen so far if corroborated the assault charge is nonsense if the assault occurred after she was requested to vacate the premisis and she was not in retreat, the sexual assault charge should stand though.. but all the facts aren't out.

Personally though ... I think if he wanted action he could have gotten it...but the facts are not clear.

anything could have happened, people should have the chance to tell their version of the events.

(you can grab a breast so hard as to leave a bruise as to cause pain to force someone to vacate as opposed to getting sexual gratification...)

Edited by shortlived