Where did all the money go to Attawapiskat?

If only Canada had followed the USA's example in dealing with aboriginals, right?

Thanks for stopping by again bush. As always, your input is invaluable.

Actually, there are lots more "natives" and bands in the USA than in Canada. The USA does not have "aboriginals" or "visible minorities".

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there are lots more "natives" and bands in the USA than in Canada. The USA does not have "aboriginals" or "visible minorities".

Oh okay. What do you think the victims of the Indian Removal Act would have thought about this?

Edited by Moonbox

Michael Hardner;

Please show me where i ever said the funds were "stolen? On the contrary, I stated that aboriginals have a long history of being unaccaountable for the hard earned tax dollars they have received from our government. My statement is supported by severall audits. Your misstatement of my posting reflects an argument. without merit. By the way I have seen who sits in first class ot Vegas.

Yeah systematic relocation and genocide are much better. Get it over quick and don't worry about it anymore, right?

You would have to ask Native Americans if they think First Nations got a better deal in that regard. But unlike in Canada, few in the U.S. fail to recognize "Indians" as American citizens. U.S. census data report over 5,000,000 American Indian and Native Alaskan citizens, far more than in Canada. They also have more economic and political power than in Canada.

Does it matter? If I told you that I will do harm to you and/or your family, would you sit and analyze how much of a threat it is or would you go and do something about it?

The viability of the threat does indeed matter. Threat levels are managed, such as the yellow, orange, red system that US Homeland Security uses.

The viability of the threat does indeed matter. Threat levels are managed, such as the yellow, orange, red system that US Homeland Security uses.

Not in this case unless you can guarantee that they will not act on their threats. Would you say that the authorities should take anyone making a threat about shooting up their school seriously? Even if they seem unlikely to commit the crime they are threatening? If the FN leaders make a threat they should be taken seriously.

The Homeland Security warning system is meant to make people feel secure it doesn't mean that when the threat level is green that they are not taking any threat seriously it just means that they have no expectation of imminent attack.

Chalk that up to better education... Canadians know more about the world than Americans...smile.png

Not really....I chalk it up to exposure to so much American media. Canadians know more about U.S. history than their own.

There are more Americans from around the world than the entire Canadian population.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Not really....I chalk it up to exposure to so much American media.

That is your opinion but either way Canadians are more aware of events around the world than Americans...maybe because we actually learned some geography.

Canadians know more about U.S. history than their own.

Canadians know more about American history than most Americans do... kind of sad right?

There are more Americans from around the world than the entire Canadian population.

Wow that just proves the US has 10 times the population of Canada... You know the US also has more women than the entire Canadian population... What is the next shocking piece of information? That there are more males in the US than the entire Canadian population? That the earth is not flat? Please oh please Captain Obvious please teach me some more...

That is your opinion but either way Canadians are more aware of events around the world than Americans...maybe because we actually learned some geography.

That's your opinion...obviously if there are more Americans from around the world than the entire population of Canada, more Americans are so aware. Maybe check on the math skills in Canada too ?

Canadians know more about American history than most Americans do... kind of sad right?

Not at all....Canadians define themselves in not-American terms, so one needs to know such things.

Wow that just proves the US has 10 times the population of Canada... You know the US also has more women than the entire Canadian population... What is the next shocking piece of information? That there are more males in the US than the entire Canadian population? That the earth is not flat? Please oh please Captain Obvious please teach me some more...

Don't get angry at me just because the rest of the world has chosen to emigrate to the U.S. far more than Canada. More Canadians also emigrate to the U.S. as a percentage of population than Americans emigrating to Canada, so either way, you have some work to do. Some say it's the weather ! biggrin.png

....now, back to Indigenism in Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

That's your opinion...obviously if there are more Americans from around the world than the entire population of Canada, more Americans are so aware. Maybe check on the math skills in Canada too ?

I would say as a % of the population... you really love adding very vague ARGGGG AMERICA GOOD ARGGG AMERICA GREAT ARGG... turns out you are not a troll you just have inferiority complex...

Not at all....Canadians define themselves in not-American terms, so one needs to know such things.

Ever wonder WHY Canadians define themselves as not-American? If being American was sooooooo much better then being Canadian we would embrace being confused for Americans... right?

Don't get angry at me just because the rest of the world has chosen to emigrate to the U.S. far more than Canada.

Angry...nah I feel sorry for you and your inferiority complex so its not anger I feel towards you its pity. Seeing as we are smaller population wise we cannot accept as many people as the US but somehow I don't think you bother yourself with logic...

More Canadians also emigrate to the U.S. as a percentage of population than Americans emigrating to Canada, so either way, you have some work to do. Some say it's the weather ! biggrin.png

Wow you got me there... That just proves that there is more demand for Canadian workers in the US than American workers in Canada... I wonder why...

Edited by Signals.Cpl

Not really....I chalk it up to exposure to so much American media. Canadians know more about U.S. history than their own.

Back in April 2007 my wife took me and my children to Niagara Falls, Canada to celebrate my 50th birthday (link to thread about the visit).

I was chatting with a guy at the hotel bar after the Leafs lost, again. He stated that he was sure he knew more US history than I did, and certainly more US history than I knew about Canadian history. He asked me to test him. I asked him which two elections were decided by the House of Representatives and not the usual way, by the Electoral College. He answered, wasn't it the "Taft" election.

I responded that the Taft election, in 1912, was one of the few where a major party, the Republicans, got less votes than a third party, in tihs case Ted Roosevelt's "Bull Moose Progressives". I said "sort of like your 1993 and 1997 elections where the Bloc and the Reform got more than the Progressive Conservatives.

He said "I rest my case", and said he was astounded an American could quote Canadian elections from memory.

So guys, not always.

Ever wonder WHY Canadians define themselves as not-American? If being American was sooooooo much better then being Canadian we would embrace being confused for Americans... right?

There are many great things about Canada. I doubt that Americans have ever defined themselves as "not British," even during 1787. Canadians should look for a positive way of identifying themselves.

Trudeau's attempt to define Canada as a French country was of course a dismal flop.