Where did all the money go to Attawapiskat?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in April 2007 my wife took me and my children to Niagara Falls, Canada to celebrate my 50th birthday (link to thread about the visit).

I was chatting with a guy at the hotel bar after the Leafs lost, again. He stated that he was sure he knew more US history than I did, and certainly more US history than I knew about Canadian history. He asked me to test him. I asked him which two elections were decided by the House of Representatives and not the usual way, by the Electoral College. He answered, wasn't it the "Taft" election.

I responded that the Taft election, in 1912, was one of the few where a major party, the Republicans, got less votes than a third party, in tihs case Ted Roosevelt's "Bull Moose Progressives". I said "sort of like your 1993 and 1997 elections where the Bloc and the Reform got more than the Progressive Conservatives.

He said "I rest my case", and said he was astounded an American could quote Canadian elections from memory.

So guys, not always.

And in this case I am not talking about people like you instead my point is about the Americans who are so close-minded, the once who have no desire to solve problems and instead just compare the US to other countries... the Americans who would destroy the US with their stupidity and comparison because there are a lot of shitty countries in the world to compare to and this means it is a long way for the US to fall.

There are Americans much like bush_cheney2004 who when presented with a problem tend to go for a d*ck measuring contest rather then dicuss the problem at hand...

And in this case I am not talking about people like you instead my point is about the Americans who are so close-minded, the once who have no desire to solve problems and instead just compare the US to other countries...

Yet this is exactly what you and some other members here do on a regular basis.

the Americans who would destroy the US with their stupidity and comparison because there are a lot of shitty countries in the world to compare to and this means it is a long way for the US to fall.

...and the Canadians who worry so much about just that.

There are Americans much like bush_cheney2004 who when presented with a problem tend to go for a d*ck measuring contest rather then dicuss the problem at hand...

Your opinion of a problem in the U.S. from a Canadian perspective will always be suspect. Solve your own problems first...seems you have a big one right now with First Nations. All your shucking and jiving about "dumb Americans" won't solve that.

Don't ruin his grand illusion....it's a mystery how the "stupid" Americans could have such an impact on his "smarter" Canadian world.

Its no mystery at all, the US is just another country, its not the greatest country in the world nor is it the worst country in the world its better than some and worse than others...unfortunately people like you tend to compare yourself to others rather than fixing problems so when a problem is presented by someone it always comes down to we are better than them... and when that is no longer true you just find another them.

Its no mystery at all, the US is just another country, its not the greatest country in the world nor is it the worst country in the world its better than some and worse than others...unfortunately people like you tend to compare yourself to others rather than fixing problems so when a problem is presented by someone it always comes down to we are better than them... and when that is no longer true you just find another them.

Again...this is exactly the behaviour observed here on the part of some Canadians. When challenged on a particular issue, comparisons to the "states" are not far behind. It is very difficult to find Canadian content on this forum that is not infected with some reference to the United States.

So when in Rome......

Not in this case unless you can guarantee that they will not act on their threats. Would you say that the authorities should take anyone making a threat about shooting up their school seriously? Even if they seem unlikely to commit the crime they are threatening? If the FN leaders make a threat they should be taken seriously.

The Homeland Security warning system is meant to make people feel secure it doesn't mean that when the threat level is green that they are not taking any threat seriously it just means that they have no expectation of imminent attack.

[forgoing my usual method of asking questions back]

People have said threads have been made, or intimated.

We are by no means in a state of lockdown or martial law in our society.

This means things could get much worse.

Yet this is exactly what you and some other members here do on a regular basis.

Maybe once in a while, but that is the only thing you do on MLW...nothing else...you might stumble on something intelligent once in a while but for the most part you are here because of your ill disguised inferiority complex...

...and the Canadians who worry so much about just that.

Someone has to since you and people like you will take America in to the gutter someone has to root for the intelligent Americans...

Your opinion of a problem in the U.S. from a Canadian perspective will always be suspect. Solve your own problems first...seems you have a big one right now with First Nations. All your shucking and jiving about "dumb Americans" won't solve that.

We are working on our problems maybe slowly but we are moving forward as opposed to the idiots who are destroying the US simply because it will bring them a couple of buck right now without a care about tomorrow or 20 years down the line...

[forgoing my usual method of asking questions back]

People have said threads have been made, or intimated.

We are by no means in a state of lockdown or martial law in our society.

This means things could get much worse.

Things could get much worse but we shouldn't wait for them to get there before we act. If there are threats made we should take them seriously instead of waiting for someone to carry out the threat. If there is any talk of violence by FN leaders the government should immediately step in and inform the nation and the FN as to the consequences of violent actions. If the FN know what is at stake there is more of a chance that they will police themselves in order to avoid the consequences and thus saving Canada a lot of trouble...

Maybe once in a while, but that is the only thing you do on MLW...nothing else...you might stumble on something intelligent once in a while but for the most part you are here because of your ill disguised inferiority complex...

Actually, I have done that and a lot more. You are just miffed and obesessed with the posts and challenges to your pre-conceived notions the most. Simply ignore my posts in the future if you no likey.

Someone has to since you and people like you will take America in to the gutter someone has to root for the intelligent Americans...

Americans will decide what happens to the U.S.A, not wannabes from Canada or anyplace else. It's not my fault you are so dependent on what happens in a foreign country.

We are working on our problems maybe slowly but we are moving forward as opposed to the idiots who are destroying the US simply because it will bring them a couple of buck right now without a care about tomorrow or 20 years down the line...

You are not working on jack. These First Nations issues have festered for decades.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Things could get much worse but we shouldn't wait for them to get there before we act. If there are threats made we should take them seriously instead of waiting for someone to carry out the threat. If there is any talk of violence by FN leaders the government should immediately step in and inform the nation and the FN as to the consequences of violent actions. If the FN know what is at stake there is more of a chance that they will police themselves in order to avoid the consequences and thus saving Canada a lot of trouble...

It often doesn't go down that way.

When terrorists/freedom fighters arise from separatists movements (or whatever this is) the leadership tends to publicly distance itself from the violence while using political power to negotiate for concessions. Think about Israel, Northern Ireland - those places. Canada's government has to be aware of the possibility that the situation could become unstable.

Again...this is exactly the behaviour observed here on the part of some Canadians. When challenged on a particular issue, comparisons to the "states" are not far behind. It is very difficult to find Canadian content on this forum that is not infected with some reference to the United States.

So when in Rome......

You, your inferiority complex and the people like you are the cause for that, you jump in to a conversation that has little to do with the US and start comparing Canada to the US... I would say probably 99% of your posts are of that sort and the once that are intelligent are the once you stumbled on simply because of the sheer number of posts...something intelligent is bound to come out of you once in a while.

You, your inferiority complex and the people like you are the cause for that,

No, the US "content" is pretty much organic....it's how many Canadians like you define your identity. Stop paying so much attention to Americans and their country if you can, and maybe people like me would go back to ignoring Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Actually, I have done that and a lot more. You are just miffed and obesessed with the posts and challenges to your pre-conceived notions the most. Simply ignore my posts in the future if you no likey.

I do ignore the majority of your posts, but curiosity got the best of me I wanted to find out why do you have such an inferiority complex.

Americans will decide what happens to the U.S.A, not wannabes from Canada or anyplace else. It's not my fault you are so dependent on what happens in a foreign country.

Said the guy whose country depends on China and Saudi Arabia...

You are not working on jack. These First Nations issues have festered for decades.

Small steps forward are better than giant steps backwards sweetie...

I do ignore the majority of your posts, but curiosity got the best of me I wanted to find out why do you have such an inferiority complex.

Try harder...I know you can do it. Remember, you are Canadian and much smarter than any American.

Said the guy whose country depends on China and Saudi Arabia...

Americans don't watch Saudi or Chinese television over their own like Canadians.

Small steps forward are better than giant steps backwards sweetie...

Steps backwards seems to be exactly the case for this topic. Good luck with that.....sweetie.

It often doesn't go down that way.

When terrorists/freedom fighters arise from separatists movements (or whatever this is) the leadership tends to publicly distance itself from the violence while using political power to negotiate for concessions. Think about Israel, Northern Ireland - those places. Canada's government has to be aware of the possibility that the situation could become unstable.

And the best way to deal with the current situation is to inform the FN that if you do x we will do y and make sure they know that it could have consequences for all FN instead of the individuals. The idea is to separate those who want to get their way through violence from those who want to accomplish something through peaceful means and get the FN to do that by themselves instead of waiting for violence to erupt and then trying to deal with it.

Try harder...I know you can do it. Remember, you are Canadian and much smarter than any American.

See I'm not a doctor can't deal with your inferiority complex...you might need to visit a professional.

Americans don't watch Saudi or Chinese television over their own like Canadians.

Gee you got me there again because that matter a lot...we are affected by decisions and events in the US and the US is just as affected by decisions and events in China or Saudi Arabia.

Steps backwards seems to be exactly the case for this topic. Good luck with that.....sweetie.

No see, we find a problem and look for a solution rather than saying we are better than China and shut down the issue...

....No see, we find a problem and look for a solution rather than saying we are better than China and shut down the issue...

You "FIND" a problem ?...or did the PROBLEM just up and kick you square in the teeth. I have been warning some smug anti-Israeli members on this forum about Canada's own problem with "PalestIndians" for years, and now it is very interesting to have those chickens come home to roost.