Why our mindsets are so different

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Israel? They don't secure their schools to protect them from their fellow Israelis.

I first reported that Toronto already did this, but you guys didn't like that (of course).

Private gun ownership is strictly controlled and possetion is very much in the context of the well regulated miltia your constitution speaks of, not your present free fo all.

I like that, especially the word "free".

It is estmated that there is only one privately owned firearm for every 50 Israelis, not one per citizen as in the US.

A majority of polled U.S. citizens do not own firearms. Sorry if they do not meet your stereotypes from Canada. But guess what, many truckers in the U.S. sure as hell do !!

I first reported that Toronto already did this, but you guys didn't like that (of course).

I like that, especially the word "free".

A majority of polled U.S. citizens do not own firearms. Sorry if they do not meet your stereotypes from Canada. But guess what, many truckers in the U.S. sure as hell do !!

I wouldn't move to that part of Toronto either.

"free" Big deal. There are quite a few things I admire about your country but your second amendment and what you have done with it definately isn't one of them.

I know a majority don't own firearms but the fact remains there are 50 times more in circulation per citizen than there are in Israel. It's no wonder why they get pissed when folks like you keep pointing to them as a comparison.

I wouldn't move to that part of Toronto either.

I wouldn't move to any part of Toronto.....Montreal has much more character instead of just characters.

"free" Big deal. There are quite a few things I admire about your country but your second amendment and what you have done with it definately isn't one of them.

Meh....it is what it is. Canada can do anything it wishes constitution-wise and it is really none of my business.

I know a majority don't own firearms but the fact remains there are 50 times more in circulation per citizen than there are in Israel. It's no wonder why they get pissed when folks like you keep pointing to them as a comparison.

They can get as "pissed" as they wish, but they are still an armed nation, as are several others including Canada. The U.S. does not have the highest homicide rates...guns or not.

I wouldn't move to any part of Toronto.....Montreal has much more character instead of just characters.

Meh....it is what it is. Canada can do anything it wishes constitution-wise and it is really none of my business.

I have noticed you seem to have a vast knowledge of Canada?

But when it comes to particular US issues that I have read your level of in depth perception is not equally reflected.

Hmmmm.

WWWTT

You must have missed Sherbrrok street where the heroine junkies are sleeping on the sidewalk. And everywhere it smells like pee

Guest American Woman
There are quite a few things I admire about your country but your second amendment and what you have done with it definately isn't one of them.

Doesn't matter. Our forefathers didn't have Canadians in mind - who willingly stayed under British rule - when making the Amendment.

I know a majority don't own firearms but the fact remains there are 50 times more in circulation per citizen than there are in Israel.

What relevance does "guns in circulation per citizen" have? Do you think it would somehow be better if many more citizens owned guns - but a smaller number of them?

They can get as "pissed" as they wish, but they are still an armed nation, as are several others including Canada. The U.S. does not have the highest homicide rates...guns or not.

Really. As compared to who?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/14/chart-the-u-s-has-far-more-gun-related-killings-than-any-other-developed-country/

The US homicide rate is far higher than other developed countries like western Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan etc. More than double that of Israel, Higher even than India and Iran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

What relevance does "guns in circulation per citizen" have? Do you think it would somehow be better if many more citizens owned guns - but a smaller number of them?

Oh my. Your apparent inability to comprehend that the fact that you have by far the greatest per capita number of guns in circulation in the developed world, could possibly have any connection to the fact you have by far the greatest per capita number of gun related homicides in the developed world is quite stunning. I'm at a loss. Oh well, glad it's not my problem. Hope we can keep it that way.

Guest American Woman

Oh my. Your apparent inability to comprehend that the fact that you have by far the greatest per capita number of guns in circulation in the developed world, could possibly have any connection to the fact you have by far the greatest per capita number of gun related homicides in the developed world is quite stunning. I'm at a loss. Oh well, glad it's not my problem. Hope we can keep it that way.

What's "stunning" is the way you completely failed to answer the questions - and instead went off on some totally off-the-wall tangent about what I do or don't comprehend. For the record, I comprehend that the U.S. has the greatest per capita number of guns in circulation. No where have I denied that, making me wonder about your ignorant accusation. Which has nothing to do with my questions. So. I'll try again. How does talking about "guns per citizen" have relevance - if most of those citizens don't even have guns? Would it be better if we less guns - but more gun owners? You think that would somehow make it better? And if so, how?

What's "stunning" is the way you completely failed to answer the questions - and instead went off on some totally off-the-wall tangent about what I do or don't comprehend. For the record, I comprehend that the U.S. has the greatest per capita number of guns in circulation. No where have I denied that, making me wonder about your ignorant accusation. Which has nothing to do with my questions. So. I'll try again. How does talking about "guns per citizen" have relevance - if most of those citizens don't even have guns? Would it be better if we less guns - but more gun owners? You think that would somehow make it better? And if so, how?

Your problem. You made it. You figure it out.

Your talking point. You made it. Yet you obviously can't make sense of it either.

It's not a talking point, it's your reality. I don't know what you are going to do. You have saturated your country with firearms, many of a type that no other developed country will allow and I don't know how you are going to get that cat back in the bag. Denial sure won't do it. That I'm very sure of.

The US homicide rate is far higher than other developed countries like western Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan etc. More than double that of Israel, Higher even than India and Iran.

But not the highest at all, despite having so many firearms. Lower suicide rates than many other "developed" nations too....with so many guns in every house, car, and action film.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

It's not a talking point, it's your reality. I don't know what you are going to do. You have saturated your country with firearms, many of a type that no other developed country will allow and I don't know how you are going to get that cat back in the bag. Denial sure won't do it. That I'm very sure of.

You are working from a false premise.....there is no intention to put the "cat back in the bag". Not now...not ever. America's guns are here to stay, whether the "developed world" (or undeveloped) likes it or not.

Guest American Woman

Still nothing but the false "denial" claim, eh? dry.png

For the record, your developed country still allows the Ruger Mini-14 even after 14 women were killed - and it's not even restricted, doesn't need to be registered outside of Quebec. A country doesn't have to be "saturated" with firearms for such a tragedy to occur. One need only own one Ruger Mini-14. Seems to me if anyone is in denial, it's you.

Guest Derek L

Really. As compared to who?

http://www.washingto...eloped-country/

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

And how many of those countries share borders with a place like Mexico?

Guest Derek L

Mexicans are why America's homicide rate is so abysmal?? LOL

Sure, combined with the other Latin American nations (all with high homicide rates like Mexico), porous borders between them all and more potently of all, said nations various roles (America included) on the “War on Drugs”……….

Sure, combined with the other Latin American nations (all with high homicide rates like Mexico), porous borders between them all and more potently of all, said nations various roles (America included) on the “War on Drugs”……….

Mexicans are why Michigan has a high homicide rate, or do you blame Canada for that one? Lol

Guest Derek L

Oh.... Only 2 posts ago you blamed the homicide rate on being neighbours with Mexico.

Yeah.......the whole violent drug trade kinda plays key into the American-Mexican border..........

Yeah.......the whole violent drug trade kinda plays key into the American-Mexican border..........

We share an even longer border with the US. Using your analogy, ours should be much lower than it is if we didn't. After all, a majority of our gun homicides are also gang related and associated with the drug trade.