Justin remind Albertans why they don't vote Liberal

And how would you compare Alberta's financial management to the home province of Justin Trudeau,perennial basket case Quebec?

I don't live in quebec so it's not something that interests me and I don't enough knowledge of quebec financial management to make a comment...my posts were made as a counter to claims of competence of conservative management of alberta finances...I would note that quebec has had a number of different party governments whereas alberta is all conservative all the time, there is no other party to blame, albertans really have no clue if any other party could do a better job financially or not... Edited by wyly

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argus, why are we just hearing about what Justin said NOW? Because there's a byelction going on in Alberta and Justin is good reviews. I heard on the news, that its a close race for the Tories and the Libs, so one has to conclude that is all about the byelection and we heard about this again until/IF justin gets the leadership ,and the next election in 2015.

Right. But Justin did say it. Do you remember how under the Liberals media organizations used to release comments by backbenchers at inopportune times ? Justin Trudeau is the Liberal version of the ill-equipped backbencher, except due to the Liberals' ill fortunes he's the frontrunner for leadership.

I'll compare the ability to get rich in Alberta vs. Norway. If you work hard and make good decisions, your ability to succeed in Alberta is greater than in Norway period end of sentence.

and you know this how? you make shit up as you go along?
Klein slayed the debt and balanced the books.
billions were squandered, the idiot literally gave away 1.4 billion after he crippled the healthcare system which is costing billions to repair...being the best idiot of a series of idiots doesn't make him less of any idiot ...Norway shows where we could/should be if had competent forward thinking governments...

I'll take drunken Klein any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Money talks. Heck the boys in Saskatchewan took a page out of his book and that place is booming. Brad wall can decide how long he wants to be premier. If I were him I'd start learning French.

how selective...lets' put that in context, the previous pre-wall conservative (Devine) government in saskatchewan may have been the most corrupt government in canada ever, and nearly bankrupt the province...wall's government benefited from responsible financial management of the previous NDP government and the increase in the price of resources, oil, potash, uranium, none of that had any anything to do with the Wall government, Wall was just fortunate enough to inherit a financially sound economy and be in power when the world demand for resources went up.... Edited by wyly

I don't live in quebec so it's not something that interests me and I don't enough knowledge of quebec financial management to make a comment...my posts were made as a counter to claims of competence of conservative management of alberta finances...I would note that quebec has had a number of different party governments whereas alberta is all conservative all the time, there is no other party to blame, albertans really have no clue if any other party could do a better job financially or not...

If you don't live in Quebec then Quebec's financial management should interest you since it is your money they are managing.

Albertans do have a clue about who will do a better job of financial management of the province and the NDP remaining a minority party is demonstration of an understanding.

Right. But Justin did say it. Do you remember how under the Liberals media organizations used to release comments by backbenchers at inopportune times ? Justin Trudeau is the Liberal version of the ill-equipped backbencher, except due to the Liberals' ill fortunes he's the frontrunner for leadership.

and I don't think it will matter all that much in the coming by-election... the NDP riding in edmonton the voters were onside with the NDP's stance on alberta oil despite opinions that Mulcair was anti-alberta...IMO calgary center will be the same, if the progressive vote stays divided the conservatives will win, if they vote strategically and vote for the 2nd place candidate a liberal trudeau's comments won't matter...

and you know this how? you make shit up as you go along?

billions were squandered, the idiot literally gave away 1.4 billion after he crippled the healthcare system which is costing billions to repair...being the best idiot of a series of idiots doesn't make him less of any idiot ...Norway shows where we could/should be if had competent forward thinking governments...

how selective...lets' put that in context, the previous pre-wall conservative (Devine) government in saskatchewan may have been the most corrupt government in canada ever, and nearly bankrupt the province..

Did Devine inherit a sound economy from the NDP as well? And wasn't Devine more of a Liberal than a Conservative?

.wall's government benefited from responsible financial management of the previous NDP government

If that is so then the NDP should win the next election.

and the increase in the price of resources, oil, potash, uranium, none of that had any anything to do with the Wall government, Wall was just fortunate enough to inherit a financially sound economy and be in power when the world demand for resources went up....

Dang those Conservatives are lucky!

If you don't live in Quebec then Quebec's financial management should interest you since it is your money they are managing.

that can be said of 5 other provinces as well and it's not just alberta paying into equalization there are thee other have provinces...so you're being extremely selective only focusing on quebec, why not PEI or Nova Scotia?....albertan's have a biased vendetta against quebec just as they whine about trudeau's comments-hypocrisy....how other provinces spend their equalization payments is their business not ours....
Albertans do have a clue about who will do a better job of financial management of the province and the NDP remaining a minority party is demonstration of an understanding.
and they have a clue how exactly, experience?....seriously you have no clue when you make a statement like that...that's the equivalent of saying the chinese know they would have better government if they had multi party elections, they have no concept of what that would be like as they know of nothing else...I worked with a russian 30 yrs ago, he had escaped the soviet union at the time, I asked him why russians didn't rebel and install democracy he said because they knew nothing else, they had no concept of democracy they had gone straight from Tsarist rule to Communist rule, same shit different rulers and that's alberta politics...

Did Devine inherit a sound economy from the NDP as well? And wasn't Devine more of a Liberal than a Conservative?

devine won in a recession, the NDP were holding the line on spending...devine offered billions in financial giveaways to homeowners, it worked he bought his way into power...I know this because I lived there at the time biggrin.png ...
If that is so then the NDP should win the next election.
why? resource prices are still high the population is benefiting...let's see how well he does if resource prices drop and the economy slows...
Dang those Conservatives are lucky!
laugh.png obviously... wonderful how they put the oil, uranium, and potash into the ground...hey does that mean New Brunswick with a conservative government will soon be a have province once the conservatives finish putting oil, gas, potash and uranium in the ground there too?...

I don't live in quebec so it's not something that interests me and I don't enough knowledge of quebec financial management to make a comment...my posts were made as a counter to claims of competence of conservative management of alberta finances.

Alberta has not had conservative management since Klein left the job.

The Progressive Conservatives have, since then, acted pretty much like the federal PCs did, which was why most conservatives wound up abandoning them to form another party. Come to think of it, that seems to be happening in Alberta, too.

Argus, why are we just hearing about what Justin said NOW? Because there's a byelction going on in Alberta and Justin is good reviews. I heard on the news, that its a close race for the Tories and the Libs, so one has to conclude that is all about the byelection and we heard about this again until/IF justin gets the leadership ,and the next election in 2015. Now, if you don't like Justin that's find and there people out there that don't like Harper for what he's done as PM, which is alot more than any opposition MP has done or said.

Partly sure, but now's a good time to hear what he has to say in French, that he doesn't say in English. We outside of Quebec don't always here what these guys say there, which often a tad different or not said here. His father was good at that too.

Partly sure, but now's a good time to hear what he has to say in French, that he doesn't say in English. We outside of Quebec don't always here what these guys say there, which often a tad different or not said here. His father was good at that too.

context is lost in these one line quotes and then there is the "lost in translation" effect...anyone who speaks more than one language knows translating from one language to another is tricky many words, inflections/nuances and sentiments are just untranslatable, subtle meanings can be lost or gained in the translation...

context is lost in these one line quotes and then there is the "lost in translation" effect...anyone who speaks more than one language knows translating from one language to another is tricky many words, inflections/nuances and sentiments are just untranslatable, subtle meanings can be lost or gained in the translation...

That is a bunch of BS. He wouldn't apologize if this was a translation thing. I agree that can happen but what happened here is Justin thought that because he said this is French it would never go out to English Canada. Justin has a problem his Dad didn't have though, information is faster and Canada is smaller.

apologizing whether he was right or wrong is irrelevant, it's politically better to apologize than drag out the issue....any lawyer will tell you in lawsuits it's always better to apologize sooner rather than to lessen any damages, judges like that....,in this case politically he wants the issue ended and forgotten asap voters (judges) like that ....I don't know what the context of what he said in french do you?...

For fans of context, here’s the full interview – he plainly says:

"Canada doesn't work because Albertans are in charge"

http://lesfrancstireurs.telequebec.tv/occurrence.aspx?id=134

Even the NDP have a problem with J. Trudeau Jrs. mea culpa. I wonder why David McGuinty had to resign but not Trudeau.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/2012/11/23/20380266.html

even without translation English only quotes are twisted out of context..."you didn't build that"-B Obama...

Which his side NEVER EVER APOLOGIZED FOR! That is the narrative now and if he meant what he said at the time or not he has let the conservatives shape him and the history of what he said AND THAT AND THAT as a progressive should scare you for his future. This guy isn't PET remind me once when he apologized for anything the otherside was going at him for? This is all a bunch of fuddle duddle but it says a lot of him. I think he should never have said what he said, I think he should have never let the other side frame him, he sure as heck should never have apologized and if this is who the new Liberal party is well then it is the same old same old over there. Seriously your point makes no sense.

I don't live in quebec so it's not something that interests me and I don't enough knowledge of quebec financial management to make a comment...my posts were made as a counter to claims of competence of conservative management of alberta finances...I would note that quebec has had a number of different party governments whereas alberta is all conservative all the time, there is no other party to blame, albertans really have no clue if any other party could do a better job financially or not...

In recent history,Quebec has been led by two parties,the PQ and the Liberals.Quebec's finances are a mess especially when you consider how dependant they are on money from Conservative Alberta.And Quebec is arguably the most left leaning province in Canada.Coincidence?

Resource rich provinces are doing better fiscally than manufacturing based provinces. It's not a left/right issue.

I contend that if Alberta was a little more left leaning that they would be in even better shape. The citizens would have gotten a little more out of the resource.

Edited by The_Squid

For fans of context, here’s the full interview – he plainly says:

"Canada doesn't work because Albertans are in charge"

http://lesfrancstire...nce.aspx?id=134

Even the NDP have a problem with J. Trudeau Jrs. mea culpa. I wonder why David McGuinty had to resign but not Trudeau.

http://cnews.canoe.c...3/20380266.html

how nice I don't speak more than a couple dozen words of french, how about you? fluent?....even if true I agree with the sentiment and I'm an albertan...

McGuinty if he was a conservative would never resign and would likely be in line for a senate appointment...please feel free to point out some cpc members who taken responsibility for their words and resigned...

even the NDP agrees, really wow that's a surprise...

Resource rich provinces are doing better fiscally than manufacturing based provinces. It's not a left/right issue.

I contend that if Alberta was a little more left leaning that they would be in even better shape. The citizens would have gotten a little more out of the resource.

No hey would be in worse shape because they'd blow their money on social programs. Heck Quebec has ports, close USA market and a large population and they can't seem to make it work

The Alberta government has been about as left-leaning as any government in Canada for some years now. Their social views are about the same as the Liberals and their fiscal performance is about on par with the NDP. Every year brings expensive new social welfare programs they can't pay for.

Edited by Argus

I should point out to you that Quebec is a very resource rich province.They even have rather large reserves of oi which they refuse to tap into.But then again,why would they will always get huge handouts from Alberta.

Once powerful Ontario,now under the Liberals,is a have not province with a massive debt and we will likely continue to go down the toilet if we stay on this path.