Forum UPGRADE!

Greg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Out of curiosity - is this site still funded by the University of Lethbridge? As always, thanks to all who contribute their money and/or time to this site. smile.png

Edited by American Woman

If I may make a point about chat functions, they tend to take away from discussion on the boards at the forums where I've seen them. I recommend not enabling it, but others will have a different opinion.

I am of the same thinking. We've seen the sidebar used for banter, hate to see what transcribes in a chat session.

Guest American Woman

I am of the same thinking. We've seen the sidebar used for banter, hate to see what transcribes in a chat session.

The sidebar can be used for "chatting" as "comments" apparently can be added to the status updates now.

The sidebar can be used for "chatting" as "comments" apparently can be added to the status updates now.

The threads in the forum can get heated at times, I'd hate to see what people post in heats of the moments type things. Insta-ban. I'll stay away from the chat if it's enabled.

Guest American Woman

The threads in the forum can get heated at times, I'd hate to see what people post in heats of the moments type things. Insta-ban. I'll stay away from the chat if it's enabled.

I've no desire to use the chat feature myself, and wonder if it would be 'anything goes;' I would hope that it's not a way around the rules of the forum, where people could say whatever they want about others. At any rate, I think it ultimately turns a forum into a chat room - cutting down on the number of posts.

I preferred the old format. No avatars. No chat. No pictures. It looked cleaner.

I prefer no pics and avatars, they are just a distraction, especially huge pictures. I hope they are limited in size, graphics should be very limited in size, they are a pain. Now will have to go to the board settings to see if I can turn them all off, I have signatures turned off allready.

Okay, couldn't find where I turn off avatars and graphics, does anyone know ? thanks.

Edited by scribblet