Forum UPGRADE!

Greg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

After clicking "see full list" scroll down to the bottom where you will see a set of three drop down menus. Change the one from All Users to Registered Users.

Once again, thank you.

Before I go through my various warnings, can someone advise if there is a threshold that causes problems. About 4/5 of my warning are quite on target.

Before going through the trouble of messaging about them I would like to know what level causes a problem.

• Forum Admin

Before going through the trouble of messaging about them I would like to know what level causes a problem.

There is an upper threshold, but I wouldn't try to hit it - too see how far it goes.

Also, the severity of the infraction has a great deal of impact on whether an actual disciplinary action is taken. The warning levels help me and the mods see a posters "trend" but the levels do not dictate 100% what disciplinary actions are taken.

The fact that you can see all of your warnings, is for transparency - no one can accuse myself or the mods of not being fair and unbiased if they can see the flow and trend of the warnings.

One way is to hover your mouse over the user's name then click "Find Content" in the window that pops up. There's a number of options there to show posts or topics or both.

Thanks. I had found the find content, but didn't see the boxes on the left side of the screen to actually segment it into posts by the author.

There is an upper threshold, but I wouldn't try to hit it - too see how far it goes.]

I have nine. Though that goes back to 2005. Most are arguably deserved, though I'd say the insults I was 'warned' for (all against members) were mostly fairly minor.

Also, the severity of the infraction has a great deal of impact on whether an actual disciplinary action is taken. The warning levels help me and the mods see a posters "trend" but the levels do not dictate 100% what disciplinary actions are taken.

The fact that you can see all of your warnings, is for transparency - no one can accuse myself or the mods of not being fair and unbiased if they can see the flow and trend of the warnings.

Hmph. I still think it was incredibly unfair to get suspended for calling a native council a bunch of 'dumbasses'. And I don't think that would have happened if I'd used the term to describe my own city council.

There is an upper threshold, but I wouldn't try to hit it - too see how far it goes.

I think you can see from the fact that two of my warnings were very early on when I came here, and they come few and far between, that I'm not trying to push the upper threshold.

I had thought all violations were one pointers. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

I certainly consider you fair. And Charles and Mike as well. You have quite a team.

"Warning Points" is better than "Warning Posts" IMO, as the former can be set to expire after some time (a month, a year, etc) and you could get multiple points per post if you've really screwed up. Makes it easier IMO for the administration to keep track of the troublemakers, and, you can auto-set things so that 50 points or 100 points and you are automatically put on review (all your posts have to be approved by an admin/mod before they are visible)

Guest American Woman
Is there a default setting I can use so the font of the quotes I paste into a reply window is the same as what I've typed/used?

If you highlight the quotes by left-clicking over them to highlight them, and then select "remove format" from the bar above the reply box (second to the left, top row - looks somewhat like an eraser with a line above it), the size and font of the quotes you pasted will become the same as what you are using.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

It's the 2nd tab from the right on the top of the page on my screen.

Thank you, but that appears to be a search function for the entire Mapleleafweb site and it hasn't generated results for the forum. The search function that used to be associated with the forum apparently is no longer available as far as I can see, so I'm wondering if I'm just missing something. Has anyone else had any success doing a search for something on the forum?