Forum UPGRADE!

Greg

• Forum Admin

Be aware that the forum software will be undergoing a major upgrade and a new skin/theme will be applied shortly.

In the next few days, we will be preforming the update and applying the new skin, so at some point the forum will be unavailable. Once the upgrade is complete and the skin is applied, things will look similar to what you see now, but with a few subtle changes (and a few new features). After the upgrade, if you have any questions or you see an error, please report the issue in the support section of the forums.

Do not attempt to PM me the issue, post a new thread in the support forums and I will address the issues based on priority.

Charles and Michael will also be available, if you have any questions -- but ask via the Support forum, NOT PM!

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be aware that the forum software will be undergoing a major upgrade and a new skin/theme will be applied shortly.

In the next few days, we will be preforming the update and applying the new skin, so at some point the forum will be unavailable. Once the upgrade is complete and the skin is applied, things will look similar to what you see now, but with a few subtle changes (and a few new features). After the upgrade, if you have any questions or you see an error, please report the issue in the support section of the forums.

Do not attempt to PM me the issue, post a new thread in the support forums and I will address the issues based on priority.

Charles and Michael will also be available, if you have any questions -- but ask via the Support forum, NOT PM!

Thanks

The angels are singing...

Thank you Greg

Looking forward to it, thanks for all the continuous effort guys.

One quick question, not sure if its easily implementable but when I drag my cursor over a thread on some invisionfree boards you can get a preview of what the first post is, in said thread. Possible to get that going on here or nope?

• Forum Admin
One quick question, not sure if its easily implementable but when I drag my cursor over a thread on some invisionfree boards you can get a preview of what the first post is, in said thread. Possible to get that going on here or nope?

That is one of the new features implemented into the new forums.

• Forum Admin

Greg, good luck, and thanks. Will this address spamming issues?

It should!

WOW! Really Spiffy. Will the chat function be up and running soon?

Possibly, if people what a chat function, I will activate it.

Greg, good luck, and thanks. Will this address spamming issues?

It should!

Thanks and it looks great!

I think it should be tried, and see how many use it. My expereince on bluecanada.ca is that it gets heavy use during such events as leadership debates.

If I may make a point about chat functions, they tend to take away from discussion on the boards at the forums where I've seen them. I recommend not enabling it, but others will have a different opinion.

Guest American Woman

When a thread has new posts, it will be highlighted and have a blue dot next to the title. Click the dot.

Thank you. I figured that there had to be a way, but I clicked absolutely everything except the blue dot. tongue.png

It'll be fun to immediately interact with other users when something live is going on. Also this way Shady, Bubber and Punked can stop using the Status updates as their debating ground to discuss the US Election. rolleyes.gif