Harper rises in leadership poll

Wild Bill

Yeah, those are factors CC but 98%? DOUBLE that of Mulcair? Even more for Rae?

It's gotta count for SOMETHING!

YEah, the old people who he grandfathered to screw the anyone mid 40's and under really support him for keeping the ponzi scheme going.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some points:

I don't think that they just call random numbers, they use lists however:

"Readers should note that the data was weighted for gender and age to match the Canadian census

results."

so it's unlikely that they have overrepresented older Canadians. Keep in mind that accuracy is the stock in trade of polling companies.

It's weighted, but it's like going to an old age home for men and saying they're weighting their results by age and gender. A bad sample is a bad sample weighting doesn't completely make up for it.

here's the link:

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/ottawa/federal-tories-and-ndp-tied-for-support-nanos-poll-says-2

"Harper's leadership score is up 20 points over the summer, currently sitting at 93 compared to leadership index scores of 48 for NDP Leader Tom Mulcair and 38 for interim Liberal Leader Bob Rae that did not change significantly over the summer."

93 %! Man, this is amazing! Once Canadians put their party preference aside, it seems Harper wins hands down as the most trusted leader.

IT'S NOT 98%!

First, WB misinterpreted a leadership index score as a percentage,

IT'S NOT A PERCENTAGE!!!!

Then Bill, you bumped it to 98 from 93.

It's some kind of index and Harper won but ...

IT DOES NOT MEAN 93% OF CANADIANS THINK HARPER IS THE BEST LEADER.

That's not what it says.

Besides, that's ridiculous.

And btw ... only 32% said they'd vote for him.

Edited by jacee

IT'S NOT 98%!

First, WB misinterpreted a leadership index score as a percentage,

IT'S NOT A PERCENTAGE!!!!

Then Bill, you bumped it to 98 from 93.

It's some kind of index and Harper won but ...

IT DOES NOT MEAN 93% OF CANADIANS THINK HARPER IS THE BEST LEADER.

That's not what it says.

Besides, that's ridiculous.

And btw ... only 32% said they'd vote for him.

Quite right, Jaycee! You have successfully destroyed my model!

So of course, that obliterates the validity of my POINT!

Thanks to your post, I can now clearly see that the INDEX shows that Harper is actually dead last in the favour of Canadians. Mulcair is comfortably way out in front and is guaranteed to win a large majority next election! :P

I think all polls are BS. I think the science is flawed and they do damage to the democratic process. I wish the process would stop.

But I remember some Dippers on this site saying the NDP are doing so well in Ontario now. How did they get that figure? Polls.

Polls are the only way to gauge if a party is doing well or not. And even if independent pollsters didn't do it, the parties would so it ain't gonna stop.

As for the land-line argument. Only old people vote for the NDP and the Liberals? What if they access cell numbers in their calling practices?

Harper makes a decision and the opp goes berserk and lies threw it's teeth about what hrper did, and then a little while later people see that harper was right AGAIN. People are starting to realize he is the man and the opp can't be trusted.

People here made all sorts of stink about PM Harper is going to destroy Canada. Well Harper and the Tories have been in power for 6 years now. What has harper destroyed? I'd like to see proof of how Canada is destroyed directly related to Harper.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Harper makes a decision and the opp goes berserk and lies threw it's teeth about what hrper did, and then a little while later people see that harper was right AGAIN. People are starting to realize he is the man and the opp can't be trusted.

?????

Are you trying to say something?!

Edited by jacee

Quite right, Jaycee! You have successfully destroyed my model!

So of course, that obliterates the validity of my POINT!

Thanks to your post, I can now clearly see that the INDEX shows that Harper is actually dead last in the favour of Canadians. Mulcair is comfortably way out in front and is guaranteed to win a large majority next election! :P

I think what we have here is Canadians being generous enough to say something nice about the man who currently is PM, occasionally wears sweaters and occasionally plays with kittens.

Can't help but notice, though, that their generosity doesn't extend to voting for him and his party. :P

STUCK AT 32, and that IS a percentage!

And it's statistically the same as the NDP percentage.

And that's the only # that matters, of course. :D

Edited by jacee

I think what we have here is Canadians being generous enough to say something nice about the man who currently is PM, occasionally wears sweaters and occasionally plays with kittens.

Can't help but notice, though, that their generosity doesn't extend to voting for him and his party. :P

STUCK AT 32, and that IS a percentage!

And it's statistically the same as the NDP percentage.

And that's the only # that matters, of course. :D

The cons represent all of canada, the NDP a very small section. And if you think harper was a mean angry man, then you must really hate angry tom.

There's a reason those ridings are huge. Very few people live in them. :lol:

Northern BC, Northern Manitoba, and Northern Ontario and Quebec. Except for Atlantic Canada the rest of that map is Blue.

Yah except for Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg....See a pattern of places you forgot to mention where the NDP hold a number of seats? Yah me to it is where most of Canada lives so of course you would forget it.

Yah except for Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg....See a pattern of places you forgot to mention where the NDP hold a number of seats? Yah me to it is where most of Canada lives so of course you would forget it.

One seat in Winnipeg. Leftist win a lot of seats in Downtown Toronto and Vancouver? Of course they do those were safe Liberal/NDP ridings before the election. The fact that populated suburbs went overwhelmingly to the CPC was the accomplishment of that election.

One seat in Winnipeg. Leftist win a lot of seats in Downtown Toronto and Vancouver? Of course they do those were safe Liberal/NDP ridings before the election. The fact that populated suburbs went overwhelmingly to the CPC was the accomplishment of that election.

The point is you are leaving out whole sections of the country and pretending they don't exist.

Why is this even an issue worth discussing lol? The election is eons away. Bob Rae isn't going to have good numbers because it's known he's not a permanent leader. Mulcair's numbers are low because he's brand new and shadows in comparison to Layton in terms of charisma. Harper's numbers are high because (duh) he's PM, he's run several successful elections and because he appears to have an iron grip on his party.