Quebec Election 2012 -Unpredictable

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I will be donating to the PQ. They understand the plight of the striking students. They have my support. Charest wants high tuitions creating unequal classes.

Quebec pays the lowest tuition fees in the country. Those idiots need to stop whining. Politicians need their salaries cut in order to possibly keep tuition down. You know when that will happen?? Never.

I don't think Quebec should separate anymore, they should just be kicked out of Canada altogether.

So Mulcair saying now they may not create a New Democratic Party in Quebec, that it may be too hard. I'm assuming he means before the next election but that still seems like an odd thing to be saying.

Yes, I heard that too, I also assume it has to do with the government being a minority or in terms of the next election cycle, but I am not certain.

One thing I am certain of is that Mulcair understands Quebec Politics which I don't.

I hope not. don't believe in them. But on the corruption thingy, it is not just the libs, it is a way of life in quebec and it will be hard for anyone to change it.

Yes, it goes back a long ways.

One thing though, the longer you are out of power, the less of the bad apples are hanging around.

Thus when elected it takes time for those bad apples to spoil the basket.

Which appears to be what took down the Liberals more then anything else.

Edited by madmax

Quebec pays the lowest tuition fees in the country. Those r need to stop whining. Politicians need their salaries cut in order to possibly keep tuition down. You know when that will happen?? Never.

I don't think Quebec should separate anymore, they should just be kicked out of Canada altogether.

I'd rather keep Quebec and throw out the people with attitudes like yours. :D

It is loud voices shouting anti-Quebecois crapola that caused the separatist movement in the first place and make Canadians look like intolerant ignorant idiots.

Obviously I'm sick of this pathetic stupidity and now embarrassed to be Canadian.

Surely there's an intelligent and decent way to tolerate differences of opinion without trash talk.

It is loud voices shouting anti-Quebecois crapola that caused the separatist movement in the first place and make Canadians look like intolerant ignorant idiots.

Excuse me? Did you ever read a history book in your life?

Once again, you have pulled something out of your butt that happened before your time and you never bothered to learn.

Sometimes I wonder if you grew up on Melmac, without acquiring the humour!

What the hell have you got against learning history, anyway? You KEEP doing this!

Why bother...

Obviously I'm sick of this pathetic stupidity and now embarrassed to be Canadian.

Surely there's an intelligent and decent way to tolerate differences of opinion without trash talk.

Actually it's quite the opposite. People in ROC are rather ambivalent to Quebec and only get their backs up when they hear the anti-ROC "crapola" coming from the likes of the PQ.

In what other province could anyone get away with saying only people that speak English could run for office?

Sure, because we want Quebec to stop whining and contribute to the rest of Canada instead of sucking the teat and throwing their diaper around if they don't get their way, that is considered Anti-Quebecios? Then so be it. The real ignorant ones here managed to make this election all about tuition fees when they pay the lowest in Canada creating a huge embarrassment for the rest of country. And you wonder why the rest of Canada has this attitude towards Quebec? Chopping the salaries of these politicians would be the first place to start. Now these students who made this election about tuition are going to complain that other services are going to get cut.

There have been people who wanted to attend class and get an education, but those stupid people blocked them at every turn. These people caused much violence within Quebec. Don't blame me for their actions.

Then move to Quebec?

Quebec brought it all on their selves. Not like Quebec has never trashed the rest of Canada.. right?

Edited by GostHacked

Guest Derek L

Yeah and that helped :rolleyes:

Apparently, there had already been threats known to police……….What I want to know is how a guy wearing a blue bathrobe, Balaclava, and carrying a near three foot rifle got past police..

Quebec pays the lowest tuition fees in the country. Those idiots need to stop whining. Politicians need their salaries cut in order to possibly keep tuition down. You know when that will happen?? Never.

I agree. The Quebecois make demnds and then threaten to leave Canada unless the Fed's bribe them. They are a petulant bunch that will never be satisfied until Canada asks them to leave and they see reality when they lose the billions currently given to prevent them from leaving.

I agree. The Quebecois make demnds and then threaten to leave Canada unless the Fed's bribe them. They are a petulant bunch that will never be satisfied until Canada asks them to leave and they see reality when they lose the billions currently given to prevent them from leaving.

I'm amazed at some peoples capacity to reduce a complex history of federal/provincial conflict to a cartoon, all the while representing an entire group as being bad. Its textbooks discriminatory and racist speech.

In your way, you vindicate the entire dogma of the PQ. Congratulation, you dolt.

And why are they still here? Do you think that other countries don't have internal strife? Do you think that everything is supposed to always be rainbows and sunshine?

If you find a democratic country without internal strife and serious divisions...there is arguably a serious problem with that democracy. In my opinion.

BTW, Quebec is not full of separatist. The current number is 28%, a near historical low....and the west sure better feel like it belongs, since the PM and half of the cabinet is from there.

Seriously, eh? I don't get this narrative at all.

Further, I note well the implied distinctions: Quebec behaving badly; Westerners rationally aggrieved.

And: aggrieved by what? Trudeau? :)

He's gone, man, solid gone.

In some ways, the West is now in charge (yes, that's oversimplistic, I know). If they "don't feel they belong" then the problem is now of their own making, I would humbly suggest.

I agree that it would work, and I suggest, not to preclude the Maritimes, that their inclusion wouldnt necessitate being physically beside the ROC

No, you're right. There is precedent for non-contiguous inclusion (and I mean aside from the colonies of Empire). It can be perfectly feasible, though it's only fair if travel passage privelege--without the hassles of officially traversing a foreign country--are included.

Edited by bleeding heart