Quebec Election 2012 -Unpredictable

The PQ's whole plan for government is to make trouble. They will make trouble with 50% support or 5% support.

Yes, and that still doesn't prove in any way that Canada doesn't work as is. The PQ is only getting in because there are no real options.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada hasn't worked properly since the 60's. It's been on life support. Another PQ government pulls the plug.

Really? How so? Canada is one of the most stable, prosperous, successful democracies on the planet. Internal strife does not a failure make.

Oh, and in case you are not following my projection website - the PQ will win over 70 seats.

Good for your projections. We'll see tomorrow.

Didn't Parizeau write about PSAC in his book?

Saying that he offered a deal to PSAC, saying they could keep their jobs in an independent Quebec? It was a bluff of course, Quebec has no power to force the issue. The problem is that it scared government workers in Quebec City and they voted NON in large enough numbers to defeat the Referendum. Parizeau goes on to suggest that Quebec take pains to never ever again offer PSAC this kind of deal.

(hat tip to Paul wells)

Really? How so? Canada is one of the most stable, prosperous, successful democracies on the planet. Internal strife does not a failure make.

Good for your projections. We'll see tomorrow.

Canada is one of the only federations that has been tugged at for so long without breaking apart at the seams, and only BECAUSE we are so stable, prosperous, and successful. Should we lose any of that, our country shatters like a dinner plate dropped on a solid floor.

As for my projections, we will see. Not only do they provide entertainment for my readers but for myself.

Canada is one of the only federations that has been tugged at for so long without breaking apart at the seams, and only BECAUSE we are so stable, prosperous, and successful. Should we lose any of that, our country shatters like a dinner plate dropped on a solid floor.

So...wait what? :blink: If the country was a failure, we wouldn't be any of those things.

And to answer about Canada being not broken: why has Quebec been full of seppies for decades? And why does the West still feel like it does not belong?

And why are they still here? Do you think that other countries don't have internal strife? Do you think that everything is supposed to always be rainbows and sunshine?

BTW, Quebec is not full of separatist. The current number is 28%, a near historical low....and the west sure better feel like it belongs, since the PM and half of the cabinet is from there.

Edited by Smallc

Didn't Parizeau write about PSAC in his book?

Saying that he offered a deal to PSAC, saying they could keep their jobs in an independent Quebec? It was a bluff of course, Quebec has no power to force the issue. The problem is that it scared government workers in Quebec City and they voted NON in large enough numbers to defeat the Referendum. Parizeau goes on to suggest that Quebec take pains to never ever again offer PSAC this kind of deal.

(hat tip to Paul wells)

Friends of mine in the govermnet can't believe what thier french couter parts believe. They actually think it will be a freindly break up and nothing will change, they will just cross over into canada and go to work. And even brag how they will have all the bennifits of canada , but not the problems that come with it. Totally out to lunch.

Friends of mine in the govermnet can't believe what thier french couter parts believe. They actually think it will be a freindly break up and nothing will change, they will just cross over into canada and go to work. And even brag how they will have all the bennifits of canada , but not the problems that come with it. Totally out to lunch.

Kinda like Alberta.

It's my belief that the greed and hateful ness of Albertans - which is just thinly disguised ethnic prejudice - is largely responsible for the longevity of the Quebec separatist movement.

And as I've said elsewhere, given a choice I'd prefer that greed-centric Alberta separate. We'll save billions in 'corporate subsidies' that are nothing more than political payoffs, make a bundle for transporting oil across our land, and never again have to listen to Alberta whine about the ROC.

The election of the PQ in Quebec is a reaction to the collusion and corruption of the Liberals. It has little to do with separatism.

Edited by jacee