Liberals to get a "new" interim leader!

Bobby Rea has decided to run for Liberal leader and the Libs have agreed to change the rules to suit him!.. Bob Rae... Best of luck. He is starting off on the first day with only breaking one promise! Wayyy to go.. Only one broken promise in a day! Good move for the Liberals or does this expose a tradition of lying? I mean, he did say "I will not run for the leadership of the Liberals". Please! Discuss!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bob Rae, is going a good job as one could but he's not my first choice as Liberal leader. I would like for all of you who wouldn't vote Liberals to review the candidates and tell what is wrong with them in your opinion. The list is Martha Findley, Dominic Le Blanc, Marc Gagnon, David McGuinty, ? Kennedy and a former MP under Chretien from Quebec.

Your not going to comment on the lie? "Doing a good job" of Lying? Oh SNAP! Really? Oh no you just Dinnt! Gloss over that???? Pfffft.. Really? Do we vote "for the best liar"??? Talk to the hand..

I think Bob Rae, is going a good job as one could but he's not my first choice as Liberal leader. I would like for all of you who wouldn't vote Liberals to review the candidates and tell what is wrong with them in your opinion. The list is Martha Findley, Dominic Le Blanc, Marc Gagnon, David McGuinty, ? Kennedy and a former MP under Chretien from Quebec.

If someone changes their mind, they're a liar? How about when Harper said he wouldn't tax income trusts? How about when he said he would make all capital gains tax-exempt if they were reinvested within six months?

How about when he said he would only appoint senators that have been elected?

I could go on, but I know you won't have the guts to answer.

Blame the Blackberry!

Really???? Harper said that???????????? Oh my.. In a sentence like "I will not run for the leader of the Liberal party position"?? Or its a kinda CBC twist on words.... Shame on you for not paying attention or build your own consensus of the facts.

He really said all capitol gains would be tax exempt??? O MAH GOD!!!! I Voted for the WRONG guy!!!!!!! My bad..... Oooops I googled it.. Can I see your proof please? I "may" want to take back my vote! Really? Cmon... Now ur grasping. Please do reply with the cap on gains, I'm very interested in this.... Maybe I missed something.

Love,

Fletch27

If someone changes their mind, they're a liar? How about when Harper said he wouldn't tax income trusts? How about when he said he would make all capital gains tax-exempt if they were reinvested within six months?

Blame the Blackberry!

Soo your saying he's just "undecisive" with “It won’t be me. I’m not going to run for leadership".. Please alow me to substitute for this flip-flopping liar..

"It won't be me.. I won't raise your taxes".

"It won't be me.. I won't increase public labour"

"It won't be me.. I won't institute Rae-days"

"It won't be me.. I won't increase the debt"

"It won't be me.. I won't increase un-employment"

Etc.etc..

Ya, just changing his mind....

Oooo, and I'm still VERY interested in hearing about my capitol gains on my real-estate, vs Investemts... Your insight has proven VERY accurate.. My finances depend on this..

Reminds me of that song "wuzznt me".

Love,

Fletch

Blame the Blackberry!

I "may" want to take back my vote! Really? Cmon... Now ur grasping. Please do reply with the cap on gains, I'm very interested in this.... Maybe I missed something.

Love,

Fletch27

Dear Flelch27,

I can't imagine you missed any of it, as it is well documented and easily verifiable. The point is, people change their minds all the time. You certainly have the right to cast your vote for the candidate you feel is most consistent, if that's important to you, but I don't think that's the reason you're voting for Harper and I don't think it's the reason you're not voting for Rae.

Sincerely,

Bubber

Oooo, and I'm still VERY interested in hearing about my capitol gains on my real-estate, vs Investemts... Your insight has proven VERY accurate.. My finances depend on this..

Love,

Fletch

I don't like to do people's googling for them, but I picked the first one that came up.

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty is offering little hope of delivering on this promise in the 2008 budget, expected as early as the week of Feb. 26.

The problem, Mr. Flaherty has acknowledged recently, is it's proven "difficult and complicated" to enact the capital gains pledge.

Oh DUDE!!!!! Really? From Feb 2008 and a coin from 2006? If you do recall, (I'm sure you won't) the Liberal objections (with the NDP) shot this down forcing an election... To make this up, we now have the Tax free savings account fully backed by the tories (I do love the TFSa btw). Yes, your liberals and NDP shut this out as "the taxes were needed for the economy)... Oh oh, Mr.Cotter! So was that money that wrung up the debt!

2006? Really? OMG

With love and sympathy,

Fletcj

I don't like to do people's googling for them, but I picked the first one that came up.

Edited by Fletch 27

2006? Really? OMG

Consistency is only important to you if it's recent consistency? I'm not concerned about the capital gains backtracking either. I'm not even concerned about subsequent inconsistencies. I'm just pointing out to you how Rae changing his position is no big deal. If the voters don't like it, they can express that. I don't think they'll care.

Regards,

Bubber

Ya, no big deal....lies, lying, lemur, leapard, lizard... All the sale... Starts with "L".. Hey! Doesn't 3rd party loser as well?

"Looooser".... Liiiiier". Its close..

Consistency is only important to you if it's recent consistency? I'm not concerned about the capital gains backtracking either. I'm not even concerned about subsequent inconsistencies. I'm just pointing out to you how Rae changing his position is no big deal. If the voters don't like it, they can express that. I don't think they'll care.

Regards,

Bubber

Young True-dough has already started a riot internally... Bob Rae started his bid one month ago... Seems he decided to get free air-time for the spot via the "interim leader position" and face in the news before even HE (Himself) knew he was gonna run!

He is soo good, and soo good that he is even pro-pro-pro-active! "I dinnt know I was gonna run till today but I gots mah team ready a month ago"!.

Idiot savant? Rain-man? Elephant man?

....and Bob's your uncle.

Bobby Rea has decided to run for Liberal leader and the Libs have agreed to change the rules to suit him!.. Bob Rae... Best of luck. He is starting off on the first day with only breaking one promise! Wayyy to go.. Only one broken promise in a day! Good move for the Liberals or does this expose a tradition of lying? I mean, he did say "I will not run for the leadership of the Liberals". Please! Discuss!

Discuss what? Your lies? Nothing has been decided by the Party and Rae himself has not decided.

Me thinks you have started the smears prematurely.

A former lib running the NDP, a former NDP'er running the libs, interesting. But bob has no chance ,the fix is in. Justin Trudeau has it in the bag already. Bob runs and loses ,he is done and another convention, to old to go for it twice, but justin...................

is it? Is it as interesting to realize Harper was both a former Liberal as well as a former Progressive Conservative?

When was Harper a Liberal? Did he ever run an election for them.

As for the PC argument. Everyone in the caucus was either a former PC or a former Alliance/Reformer. That argument is a red herring.