u.s. continues to win the hearts of afghans

bud

Oh please. Don't make me gag. It has nothing to do with "patriotism" - and your comparing me to a cheerleader is insulting to the max. I'm intelligent enough to see through all the bullsh*t and false concern for the lives of Afghan civilians even if you aren't. The U.S. could leave Afghanistan tomorrow and innocent Afghan civilians would continue to be killed an no one would give damn. People would just go back to not caring about their deaths.

False concerns towards the deaths of Afghan civilians? Really?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you bother to quote a question of mine if you're not going to answer it?

I re-read the question and it is odd because you answer it yourself.

I re-interated why the US screwed up.

WWWTT

False concerns towards the deaths of Afghan civilians? Really?

She's right though, GH! Once America is out of Afghanistan they can take all the girls out of school and kill 10 civilians every week and we will never see it on our news.

Do you really think America or NATO really want that sh*t hole anyways? I don't agree with the mission creep, but the plan was to leave that country in some semblance of order and non-15th century thinking. Not to occupy it. Like I said, it's a piece of crap. Nobody would want it anyways.

Carefull buddy your starting to use language that the admin. will frown upon!

WWWTT

People would just go back to not caring about their deaths.

Is that why the US supported Osama bin Laden and the Taliban to fight the communist Afgan government?

And people will not care about Afgan civilians dieing if they are not being killed by NATO and Taliban forces?

Pretty bold thing to write!

WWWTT

She's right though, GH! Once America is out of Afghanistan they can take all the girls out of school and kill 10 civilians every week and we will never see it on our news.

Maybe if the government does not sensor then and only then will we see something on the news!

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

It happens in many other countries all over this planet. Inequality always leads to conflicts.

Guest American Woman

Exactly; and as unbelievable as it is, we have someone here singing the Soviet Union's praises for invading Afghanistan - and the silence is all but deafening. Fact is, very few people will care what happens to the Afghans once the U.S. leaves, just as they didn't care before.

Exactly; and as unbelievable as it is, we have someone here singing the Soviet Union's praises for invading Afghanistan - and the silence is all but deafening. Fact is, very few people will care what happens to the Afghans once the U.S. leaves, just as they didn't care before.

So we can now finally dispense that these wars are just and nobel.

The silence is deafening because,at least for me,the statement about the Soviet Union is so idiotic that it's idiocy should be left to stand alone...

Guest American Woman

So we can now finally dispense that these wars are just and nobel.

Ummm. Excuse me, but was the Soviet Union attacked? There's a reason why I stressed that the Soviet Union "invaded" Afghanistan. When a nation is attacked, it's a given in our world that they have a right to fight back.

So I take it this is as much disapproval as we're going to get from you regarding the claim that the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan was doing the world a favor. <_<

Is that why the US gave military aid and money and support to the Taliban/Osama bin Laden?Because no one was concerned?

Maybe the people that are now concerned feel that the US is the problem and to solve part of the problem is for the US to leave.

But you are suggesting that something terrible will happen if the US leaves.

What if good things happen after the US/NATO leaves?

WWWTT

Ummm. Excuse me, but was the Soviet Union attacked? There's a reason why I stressed that the Soviet Union "invaded" Afghanistan. When a nation is attacked, it's a given in our world that they have a right to fight back.

Yes it was!

In actuall fact the Soviet Union/Russia has endured countless more terrorist(from Islamic extremists/militants) attacks than the US ever will!

Even during the summer of 2011 there were terrorist attacks in Moscow and other parts or the country!

Ever heard of Chechnya?Is it coming back now?

Where do you think part of these groups got their funding and training?

Funny how we forget things that we do not want to remember!

WWWTT

The silence is deafening because,at least for me,the statement about the Soviet Union is so idiotic that it's idiocy should be left to stand alone...

Its idiodic if you choose not to believe in facts and are completely brainwashed and let the government do all the thinking for you!

But thats not you is it Jack?

You remember the facts don't you buddy?

Think,try to remember and don't be too insulting!

Thanks buddy.

WWWTT

I re-read the question and it is odd because you answer it yourself.

I re-interated why the US screwed up.

WWWTT

Ok I got it. The Soviets invaded and occupied Afghanistan for world peace. They did it for WORLD peace even though the Mujahadeen only posed a threat to the gov. in Kabul and in no way threatened any outside country. I got it, right?

Is that why the US gave military aid and money and support to the Taliban/Osama bin Laden?Because no one was concerned?

Maybe the people that are now concerned feel that the US is the problem and to solve part of the problem is for the US to leave.

But you are suggesting that something terrible will happen if the US leaves.

What if good things happen after the US/NATO leaves?

WWWTT

So your criticism of the US is that they supported what ended up being the Taliban but you don't see a problem with the Taliban taking over when the US leaves? Oh wait. I'm sorry. I forgot that the Taliban taking over would be one of the 'good things.'

Yes it was!

In actuall fact the Soviet Union/Russia has endured countless more terrorist(from Islamic extremists/militants) attacks than the US ever will!

Even during the summer of 2011 there were terrorist attacks in Moscow and other parts or the country!

Ever heard of Chechnya?Is it coming back now?

Where do you think part of these groups got their funding and training?

Funny how we forget things that we do not want to remember!

WWWTT

Are you saying that the Soviets invaded in 1979 because they were attacked in 2011? That is some preemptive attack. That puts G. W. Bush's invasion of Iraq to shame.

Its idiodic if you choose not to believe in facts and are completely brainwashed and let the government do all the thinking for you!

But thats not you is it Jack?

You remember the facts don't you buddy?

Think,try to remember and don't be too insulting!

Thanks buddy.

WWWTT

How do you criticize someone for not listening to facts and then never really say anything other than that the US funded the anti-Soviet fighters in Afghanistan? That is all you've said over and over. If you are going to come up with some foreign policy arguments it is time to spend some time and think of something other than 'the US screwed up.'

I do think I have it figured out though. I think Brezhnev had the breathing and speech mechanics down and that is why you like him. It's OK. It all makes sense to us now.

Edited by j44

Guest Manny

US helped put the Taliban in power, doh. and they were bad guys to the afghani ladies for ten years, we never heard nuthin about it. So now they finally go in and want to make it a democracy? It's about time.

Only thing is they don't want it. How can you force people to be nice to each other? Soon as you turn your back they'll start doing the same things again. We saw that in Yugoslavia. Soviet Union leaves, out comes the Zastava.

US helped put the Taliban in power, doh. and they were bad guys to the afghani ladies for ten years, we never heard nuthin about it. So now they finally go in and want to make it a democracy? It's about time.

US helped Stalin, Churchill, too. Then they helped the West Germans against the Soviet union.

So what? US even "helped" Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Wow. Thanks for that newsflash. If it weren't for you, I might have gone in thinking I know more about myself than a stranger on a web board does.

this isn't some internal feeling that only you can sense and only you are allowed to comment on. this is about your stance on various issues which is displayed for everyone here to see.

you are pro-war and a zionist. that automatically puts you on the right.

This idea that the US went into Afghanistan for some kind of noble, humanitarian purpose was always wrong. That was only propaganda to placate citizens on the left to get their support to wage the war.

Myself, I've always found the Taliban to be a revolting bunch of cavemen, for the way they treat women, girl children and gays. Still, I've always understood that it is impossible to change the entire world all at once. It may take 100 years before craphole countries like Afghanistan become civilized.

No, America went into Afghanistan to send a very simple message. Terrorists had waged war on American soil! They brought down the Trade Centres and were planning more acts to follow. America had no choice but to react to such action.

Since terrorists don't usually wear uniforms and don't have a distinct national identity they can be difficult targets. There is no official declaration of war from a specific country to define who you fight against. However, in this case it was quite clear that the ruling Taliban of Afghanistan had lent considerable and perhaps even vital aid to those who attacked New York. They had given them money, arms and protected areas for training.

America made a decision. Aiding and abetting America's enemy made the ruling Taliban of Afghanistan also their enemy. They invaded, sending a loud and perfectly clear message to any other national government that if they did the same America would wipe them from power in their own country! They could not hide behind proxies with impunity.

It's true that the Taliban will likely be back in power not too long after America totally pulls out. This doesn't really matter. It will not be the same people running the show! The ones who had made the wrong decisions are for the most part either out of power or dead! The new leaders will be well aware of the price they had paid and will not be so quick as to repeat the mistake.

They will not likely ever again support an Al-Queda type group to strike inside the US!

This is all that truly matters to America and it is all that really should. They have struck a blow in retaliation that has made their own citizens safer in their homes.

Some would say that some other group could blow something up in New Jersey or whatever. That doesn't matter. You can't have perfection but that's no excuse not to try at all. If America had NOT invaded Afghanistan it's likely that terrorist acts on American soil would have only escalated. Why not, if the terrorists saw they could get away with it?

It's just realpolitick. Old Otto Von Bismarck would have approved. So would have Macchiavelli.

Wow. Thanks for that newsflash. If it weren't for you, I might have gone in thinking I know more about myself than a stranger on a web board does.

this isn't some internal feeling that only you can sense and only you are allowed to comment on. this is about your stance on various issues which is displayed for everyone here to see.

you are pro-war and you are a zionist. that automatically puts you on the right.

Ok I got it. The Soviets invaded and occupied Afghanistan for world peace. They did it for WORLD peace even though the Mujahadeen only posed a threat to the gov. in Kabul and in no way threatened any outside country. I got it, right?

So your criticism of the US is that they supported what ended up being the Taliban but you don't see a problem with the Taliban taking over when the US leaves? Oh wait. I'm sorry. I forgot that the Taliban taking over would be one of the 'good things.'

Are you saying that the Soviets invaded in 1979 because they were attacked in 2011? That is some preemptive attack. That puts G. W. Bush's invasion of Iraq to shame.

How do you criticize someone for not listening to facts and then never really say anything other than that the US funded the anti-Soviet fighters in Afghanistan? That is all you've said over and over. If you are going to come up with some foreign policy arguments it is time to spend some time and think of something other than 'the US screwed up.'

I do think I have it figured out though. I think Brezhnev had the breathing and speech mechanics down and that is why you like him. It's OK. It all makes sense to us now.

Thats quite the rant you go on explaining how little you understand about the conflict and turmoil Czarist Russia/Soviet Union/post Soviet Russia has bein through!

You are aware that the former Soviet union shared a border with Afganistan are you not?

For many decades the Russians had many problems with their Muslim/Islamic regions in their south west(and still do to this very day) that bordered Afganistan.Much like the current problem with Pakistan aiding Afganistan taliban.

If you think I am making this up then you will never understand the extensive problems that Russia has had with maintaining the largest country in the world!

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

Thats quite the rant you go on explaining how little you understand about the conflict and turmoil Czarist Russia/Soviet Union/post Soviet Russia has bein through!

You are aware that the former Soviet union shared a border with Afganistan are you not?

For many decades the Russians had many problems with their Muslim/Islamic regions in their south west(and still do to this very day) that bordered Afganistan.Much like the current problem with Pakistan aiding Afganistan taliban.

If you think I am making this up then you will never understand the extensive problems that Russia has had with maintaining the largest country in the world!

WWWTT

Yeah, 10 or so sentences is quite the rant.

Maybe you should try going on a rant sometimes. If you're comments were longer maybe they would contain more facts.You managed to reply with my 'rant' with what basically amounted to 'they shared a border and the USSR had a problem with its neighbors.'

You point out they shared border but don't say anything about how Afghanistan would threaten the USSR. Yes, the Soviets wanted a pro-Soviet regime on its border but how would the Afghans threaten world peace if they weren't pro-Soviet? You didnt answer that.

Most of your arguments are like that though. You don't really answer questions. You make big statements with nothing really to back them up. I enjoy taking the bait though.