Rank the Republican contenders by order of craziness.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit to being less than an expert on the clown show. But what I have heard of most of the Republican contenders seems more than capable of eliciting considerable mirth. I gather Huntsman is considered the least crazy, practically sane. And Mitt Romney is, in this company, considered practically the leading light. So who's craziest? Ron Paul? Christine Bachman? Rich Perry? So much to choose from...

At the moment I'm with Romney. Others might convince me.

I may actually switch my party registration from Democratic to Republican to vote in the primary.

The 30% or so that Hermann got in the polls as amazing. Is there no shame among these people?

I love watching the trainwreck that is American politics!

Right on squid! The 'stupid' never ceases to amaze. As for their order of craziness, no, they're not crazy. Just really angry haters who are refusing to let go of some hurt from their childhood days.

They're all sky fairy believers so that should be a hint.

Right on squid! The 'stupid' never ceases to amaze. As for their order of craziness, no, they're not crazy. Just really angry haters who are refusing to let go of some hurt from their childhood days.

except for ron paul. he speaks the truth.

Add 'exceedingly greedy" and you've nailed it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The REAL clown show is painfully obvious by its absence.

Since there is no Democratic Primary, it is safe to come to the conclusion that all Democrats are happy with the Obama train wreck.

None of the Democrat Obama worshippers has the guts to come forward and challenge the failed policy of this communist organizer.

They all seem to be content with the 9% unemployment rate. They all seem to be happy with depriving their great-grand-children of a hope for a decent life, by piling debt over debt over their shoulders. None of the Democrat heavy weights are political heavy weights because of the steel in their spine, but because of the overload of blubber in their millionaire bellies.

No President before Obama was ever elected by implied affirmative action, by the color of his skin, because of collective guilt complex of white wussies, or because of failing to complete a term as a state senator, failing to complete a term as a U.S. Senator, and because he managed to set a record of spineless, gutless fence-sitting "PRESENT" votes in both chambers.

Obviously, the one fact to qualify this fraud for the Presidency was one speech, read off the teleprompter, written by someone far smarter than he, and the fact that his wife was never proud of her country.

Any of the Republican contenders would be better than Obama. When it comes to craziness, Obama beats all Republican contenders by a country mile.

Half term state senator. Half term U.S. Senator. Half black half white.

Full hypocrite.

Edited by Yukon Jack

Since there is no Democratic Primary,

This is false...there are Democratic primaries and caucuses depending on state party rules. Some occur at the county level.

None of the Democrat Obama worshippers has the guts to come forward and challenge the failed policy of this communist organizer.

Failed for who? Canada?

They all seem to be content with the 9% unemployment rate. They all seem to be happy with depriving their great-grand-children of a hope for a decent life, by piling debt over debt over their shoulders. None of the Democrat heavy weights are political heavy weights because of the steel in their spine, but because of the overload of blubber in their millionaire bellies.

This circumstance is not Democrat alone...it is American.

No President before Obama was ever elected by implied affirmative action, by the color of his skin, because of collective guilt complex of white wussies, or because of failing to complete a term as a state senator, failing to complete a term as a U.S. Senator, and because he managed to set a record of spineless, gutless fence-sitting "PRESENT" votes in both chambers.

Obama defeated an inferior candidate....he just happened to be "white".

Obviously, the one fact to qualify this fraud for the Presidency was one speech, read off the teleprompter, written by someone far smarter than he, and the fact that his wife was never proud of her country.

Spousal pride is not a prerequisite.

Any of the Republican contenders would be better than Obama. When it comes to craziness, Obama beats all Republican contenders by a country mile.

This is just silly....get a grip.

Half term state senator. Half term U.S. Senator. Half black half white.

Full hypocrite.

OK...we can see what motivates your colourful rant. Obama is all American.

My "rant" may have been colorful, but it showed none of the hypocrisy that the handle of an obvious water carrier for 0bama does.

Obama has continued many of the Bush era policies, and while I don't agree with him 100%, it would be "hypocrisy" to not acknowledge such things.

You know, like: bush_cheney2004.

All Americans in the end....no matter what "colour" is your favorite.

My "rant" may have been colorful, but it showed none of the hypocrisy that the handle of an obvious water carrier for 0bama does.

You know, like: bush_cheney2004.

Your rant doesn't even make sense the American unemployment isn't 9% it is 8.5 which rounds down to 8. Why would you round up? Oh because you want to single handedly put what 1 million more Americans out of work just so your rant sounded better. Go back to living a year ago and keep not paying attention to what is going on the world please.

This is false...there are Democratic primaries and caucuses depending on state party rules. Some occur at the county level.

Failed for who? Canada?

This circumstance is not Democrat alone...it is American.

Obama defeated an inferior candidate....he just happened to be "white".

Spousal pride is not a prerequisite.

This is just silly....get a grip.

OK...we can see what motivates your colourful rant. Obama is all American.

What I meant was that there are no PRESIDENTIAL primaries, and you know it.

Stopping the Keystone XL pipeline is a twofer: Fail for Canada and even more so, fail for America.

9% or near 9% unemployment rate indeed an American problem.

Obama defeated a candidate who was in no way imaginable inferior to him. Obama won, because of the guilt feeling of Americans who thought that centuries of repression and exploitation of blacks will be wiped out by voting for a half black person who was abandoned by his black father and was raised by his white grandparents.

While I agree that spousal pride is not a prerequisite, no would be First Ladies, EVER, spoke about America as Michelle Obama did.

OK, let me get a grip! Tell me how and why a guy who quit his terms less than half-way through as State Senator and United States Senator, after voting a record number of spineless, gutless and sitting-on-the-fence "PRESENT" votes at both the State and the U.S. Senate is better and more suited for the office of President than either a former Speaker of The House, or a former Governor of a State, or a former Senator or a current Congress man, who was elected multiple times.

Mind you, I have no dog in this hunt. But I lived in the States for many years, got lots of American friends and know the American mindset and if I could vote for the American President, I would beg to disagree with you.

Edited by Yukon Jack

Your rant doesn't even make sense the American unemployment isn't 9% it is 8.5 which rounds down to 8. Why would you round up? Oh because you want to single handedly put what 1 million more Americans out of work just so your rant sounded better. Go back to living a year ago and keep not paying attention to what is going on the world please.

Why should 8.5% round DOWN to 8.0%?

Have you conveniently forgot what you obviously never even learned in Grade 4 math class?

And you also seem to have forgotten the braggadocio by Obama that if the stimulus passes and the unemployment rate is not below 7%, he deserves to be a one-term president?

What I meant was that there are no PRESIDENTIAL primaries, and you know it.

Still not sure what you mean....there are Democratic primaries/caucuses for president.

Stopping the Keystone XL pipeline is a twofer: Fail for Canada and even more so, fail for America.

America will survive...so will Canada.

9% or near 9% unemployment rate indeed an American problem.

This will improve before election day....Obama can coast to victory!

Obama defeated a candidate who was in no way imaginable inferior to him. Obama won, because of the guilt feeling of Americans who thought that centuries of repression and exploitation of blacks will be wiped out by voting for a half black person who was abandoned by his black father and was raised by his white grandparents.

Nonsense....McCain/Palin was a trainwreck from the 'git go. They got beat by the one thing Republicans respect...more campaign money...lots more.

While I agree that spousal pride is not a prerequisite, no would be First Ladies, EVER, spoke about America as Michelle Obama did.

Ever heard of Eleanor Roosevelt?

OK, let me get a grip! Tell me how and why a guy....

Because that guy just wants to read about himself in history books.

Mind you, I have no dog in this hunt. But I lived in the States for many years, got lots of American friends and know the American mindset and if I could vote for the American President, I would beg to disagree with you.

That's fine, but your "feelings" are irrelevant. The Americans, including your friends, will decide, just as they have always done. I have worked in Canada too, but that doesn't mean I want to pick your head of state or PM.

Your rant doesn't even make sense the American unemployment isn't 9% it is 8.5 which rounds down to 8.

Why would you round down? Especially when you know the actual unemployment rate is much higher. The number of people participating in the labour force has dropped every month for the last several months. That's the real reason the unemployment rate dropped. So rounding up is actually a better reflection of the real unemployment situation.

Why should 8.5% round DOWN to 8.0%?

Have you conveniently forgot what you obviously never even learned in Grade 4 math class?

And you also seem to have forgotten the braggadocio by Obama that if the stimulus passes and the unemployment rate is not below 7%, he deserves to be a one-term president?

Yes I remember what I learned in grade 4 math. If you always round up you have an inherent over estimation error when we talk about sets of numbers. So we always round to the even number this is a practice which is taught in our schools now, and is used in the field of economics. The idea is you will be rounding up half the time and down half the time so when we talk about sets we fix the problem.

The other thing you could do is actually type one extra digit and use the real number 8.5.

Why would you round down? Especially when you know the actual unemployment rate is much higher. The number of people participating in the labour force has dropped every month for the last several months. That's the real reason the unemployment rate dropped. So rounding up is actually a better reflection of the real unemployment situation.

Using the real number of 8.5 is a better representation Shady then making up a number out of your head.

Using the real number of 8.5 is a better representation Shady then making up a number out of your head.

Real U.S. Unemployment Rate is 15.6 Percent

The AEI's rate includes those individuals who would like a job and have been looking for employment for the last twelve months and not just the last four weeks

Link