OCCUPY

WWWTT

I think I've figured out why you never really have anything to contribute. You don't actually understand what you're reading, so you just reply with gibberish that has nothing to do with the arguments presented to you.

Interesting theory.

I believe he carefully reads what he writes though because he knows when not to cross the line so as to not get banned or penalized.

I just don't bother with this one anymore.

WWWTT

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I think I've figured out why you never really have anything to contribute. You don't actually understand what you're reading, so you just reply with gibberish that has nothing to do with the arguments presented to you.

My first priority is to always have fun. This three ring circus is made all the more laughable by wannabe posers and hosers like you who have some half-cocked view of America / world and insist that others see it the way you do. Sorry son, that isn't the way things work. Your "arguments" obviously lack experience in the real world.

As long as you support cutting the public service then perhaps we can be friends.

That's the game dude. Bloat something, then cut it and look like a hero. Or, conversely, cut the crap out of something, say nurses, then at election time, hire them all back. It's called 'cycical politics.'

Looks like even Dalton has been forced onto the Austerity Bandwagon.

Did he bloat the ON public service?

Cuts in civil service, welfare, pension, e.i, healthcare, entitlements, gov't salaries,

Medicine tastes bad, but you gotta swallow it. Its going to have to be swallowed when the boomers become geriatrics.

Stupid reasoning doesn't get you smart results. Welfare and ei exist to help people through times when jobs are scarce because business and industry aren't functioning well. Cut benefits in the good times, not in a recession. How would you like it if your insurance company cut back payouts just when your house burned down? 'Sorry bud, bad year for fires so you don't get paid!' B)

Health care? :lol:

Don't think so. Many current seniors are Harper voters but they almost revolted this election (and voted for Jack) so he made a promise to them. I guarantee you that if he doesn't live up to his promise, they will revolt and their CPC MP's will too cos otherwise their career is dead.

Pensions ... you mean CPP? :lol: You do understand that retired people don't have the restraint of having a job/boss anymore ... no job to lose ... nothing to lose by organizing, protesting, lobbying cpc MP's to stand up to Harper ... anything and everything they can. We'll destroy that man, his party and the Alberta horse he rode in on.

You're waaaaaaay out of date, out of tune with reality, blueblood. Nobody's scared of Harper and the police are wavering too. (We pay their salaries. They work for US!) This is not the compliant generation he's dealing with anymore. If he starts a fight, we'll end it, and I guarantee you HARPER WILL LOSE!

Civil service? Tell me again what government services you want to do without?

No ... this recession time the 1%'rs will have to kick in a fairer share. It's their turn to take the medicine. It'll be good for them. Afterall, they caused the recession ... a "buying opportunity" ... so let them buy an opportunity to gain some goodwill ... cheap at the price ... better than rioters chasing them with baseball bats.

The OCCUPIERS are intelligent and peaceful. If they're at all intelligent, the 1%'rs will deal with them, because the next ones won't be so committed to being peaceful. (Eg, see Vancouver, London riots). That's just a fact. That's the well known outcome of increasing income and wealth inequality.

"Austerity" or jail is Harper's plan?

Are the pigs flying yet?

:lol: Bring it! :)

Edited by jacee

You can make your little speech when unemployment is at 4% or unemployment is at 8% or unemployment is at 15%. "Just go get jobs!!! Work harder!!!". But the difference between an economy where people have jobs, and one where people dont have jobs is not that suddenly everyone got lazy. Its usually that the macro economic conditions changed.

Are the jobs being filled by illegals beneath them?

They quite clearly need:

It's obvious

I've always loved that bit! I also have a CD of rock songs featuring heavy use of the cowbell, entitled "More Cowbell!"

Great driving music to distract my mind whenever I can't avoid driving to Toronto.

Yes, the connecting roads go downtown, but the 401 bypasses downtown altogether. Glad to have tourists come by, drop by again sometime.

I sent you a Facebook message since your box here isn't taking messages.

Guest Derek L

A friend just emailed me this link:

Occupy Vancouver

Look at the events calendar for Thursday, 24 November, at 6pm

And I quote:

Spacelite working group

organic astronaut training/discussion

When Thu 24 Nov 18:00 – 19:00 Pacific Time - Vancouver

Where under the eagle statue

I always thought they were a bunch of Moonbats...........but this? What's their next plan, Occupy Mars? :lol:

Edited by Derek L

A friend just emailed me this link:

Occupy Vancouver

Look at the events calendar for Thursday, 24 November, at 6pm

And I quote:

Spacelite working group

organic astronaut training/discussion

When Thu 24 Nov 18:00 – 19:00 Pacific Time - Vancouver

Where under the eagle statue

Maybe that's a start to entrepreneurship and a viable shot at gainful employment.

I always thought they were a bunch of Moonbats...........but this? What's their next plan, Occupy Mars? :lol:

I would suggest Occupy Tuktuyutok first. Set the date for mid-December.

Too many poli sci and sociology degrees.

Yeah. Screw those people for actually studying politics and society. We wouldn't want to listen to people that have spent a considerable amount of time weighing arguments and doing research. I'm with you. We need a more relativist conception of knowledge. There's no such thing as facts. We should just make up our own and stick to them no matter what.

Yeah. Screw those people for actually studying politics and society. We wouldn't want to listen to people that have spent a considerable amount of time weighing arguments and doing research. I'm with you. We need a more relativist conception of knowledge. There's no such thing as facts. We should just make up our own and stick to them no matter what.

No, the problem isn't the existence of poli sci and sociology (and other such) degrees. Clearly, some people should study such things. However, we have a vast over-abundance of such degrees compared to the available jobs in these fields. Just how many political pundits and analysts do you think we need? These people get their degrees and then go protest their unemployment. Instead, they could have got a degree more useful to actually helping produce something in our economy. For example, there are 100,000 unfilled engineering jobs, and only a tiny trickle of people being educated to fill them.

Another example... more people are getting MBAs than ever. Just how many new business administrators do you think our economy needs? We need more people with hard skills that can actually produce something, or design something to be produced, and less people looking for shortcuts into high paying jobs with nothing more than soft stuff.

No, the problem isn't the existence of poli sci and sociology (and other such) degrees. Clearly, some people should study such things. However, we have a vast over-abundance of such degrees compared to the available jobs in these fields. Just how many political pundits and analysts do you think we need? These people get their degrees and then go protest their unemployment. Instead, they could have got a degree more useful to actually helping produce something in our economy. For example, there are 100,000 unfilled engineering jobs, and only a tiny trickle of people being educated to fill them.

A couple of things... it's not that few political scientists get jobs in their field: NO political scientists do, or practically none. This isn't so much a problem, though, because the skills required to get such a degree are generalized and can be a basis for many types of careers.

A university education tends to be more general, and less specific than say community college - which might train you to do a particular "job".

Secondly, when I graduated there were many, many fewer engineering jobs than graduates - but the same principle applied. People with mechanical, civil or chemical engineering degrees took jobs in software, telecom or related fields.

Another example... more people are getting MBAs than ever. Just how many new business administrators do you think our economy needs? We need more people with hard skills that can actually produce something, or design something to be produced, and less people looking for shortcuts into high paying jobs with nothing more than soft stuff.

Again, we hire MBAs to be project managers, business development leads and a host of other jobs. MBA prepares you to move up but if you have an MBA at age 23 or 24, you shouldn't expect to start anywhere as an executive.

We need more people with hard skills that can actually produce something

Well, DFO just announced through my grapevine new measures guaranteed to continue shrinking the west coast salmon fishery and the pool of skilled people who can take a boat onto the ocean and actually do what you just suggested, actually produce something.

You'll probably be thrilled to know that these measures will also concentrate virtual ownership of what's left of our natural capital into even fewer and wealthier hands than before.

There's no such thing as facts. We should just make up our own and stick to them no matter what.

Yeah, which perfectly describes the grogy-type. Makes crap up and when asked to produce evidence plays the shrinking violet card.

That seems to be a pattern lately. In the interest of being "balanced" people seem to think they can just make up their own facts. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion; they're not entitled to their own facts.

It's called 'balancing the view.' :lol: