Man's best friend

Yukon Jack

Seriously? Coming from a land of puppy mills, cruelty to dogs, over-flowing dog pounds, etc., you are trying the old heart-strings schtick? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

I am sure all the women that are raped, sexually assaulted and beaten every day in the West might have something to say about that. You know, how "we" treat "our" women. <_<

In the Western world the puppy mills, the cruelty, the over-flowing dog pounds are the misdeeds of individuals who barely qualify to be called human. They are not sanctioned, blessed, practiced and dictated by a twisted and sick 'religion' that condones the whipping, stoning and killing of any woman who dares to be a woman.

Dogs are unclean? Tell that to a blind person who can lead a near normal life with the help of a no-questions-asked love and devotion of a dog.

It is safe to say that a dog has more of a human soul than a piece of garbage who calls dogs unclean.

So, Shwa, roll your eyes, but tell the world: Do you now or did you ever have a canine friend?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruelty to dogs?

You may want to check out how cattle and chickens are raised and slaughtered in North America.

There is a difference. My dog is my companion.

Cattle and chickens are not my companions. They are my food!

Who decides the categories? For myself, I do!

In the Western world the puppy mills, the cruelty, the over-flowing dog pounds are the misdeeds of individuals who barely qualify to be called human.

What's that Jack? Aren't the "individuals" in our society "who barely qualify to be called human" representative of our society too? How is it that we - as a society - aren't known by the worse of us?

They are not sanctioned, blessed, practiced and dictated by a twisted and sick 'religion' that condones the whipping, stoning and killing of any woman who dares to be a woman.

Are you referring to the treatment of women here in the West? You know, the ones that are beaten, raped, and killed on a daily basis because they dared to be a woman? Surely you read the news. No? Here is a real beaut from yesterday by way of example: Man sexually assaults woman while she held baby

Dogs are unclean? Tell that to a blind person who can lead a near normal life with the help of a no-questions-asked love and devotion of a dog.

Islam and Dogs

The majority of both Sunni and Shi'a Muslim jurists consider dogs to be ritually unclean. Most practicing Muslims do not have dogs as pets, though dogs are allowed to be kept for guarding the house or farm, or when used for hunting purposes. Outside their ritual uncleanness, individual Islamic fatāwā, or rulings, have expressed that dogs be treated kindly or else be freed.

It's a different culture. Big fucking deal. Go eat a cow and see how many Hindis get all upset about it. :rolleyes:

It is safe to say that a dog has more of a human soul than a piece of garbage who calls dogs unclean.

Riiiight. Tell us how you really feel Jack, everyone would like to know. LOFL! :lol:

So, Shwa, roll your eyes, but tell the world: Do you now or did you ever have a canine friend?

German shepherd that can tear your face off before you knew she even jumped. But she is the really the cutest thing, very gentle and very, very smart!

But her and I both know she is a dog and nothing more. And I treat her like a dog too.

However if you are into anthropomorphism that's your problem. Good luck with that, bro...

I don't like the idea of buying a pet. Adopt a pet or get one from someone giving them away. I adopted a cat due to kicking out an abusive roommate and the cat was left behind. She has now been with me for about 8 years now. She was a scared little thing because the former roommate did not take very good care of her. She still does not like strangers, but give her a little while and she will warm up to anyone who is not a jerk.

Yes I don't like buying pets, at the same time, no problem buying meat at the store..... i know i know ....

It's nice and all to want to save dogs that have been treated poorly. But if you don't want to deal with that baggage and have a good idea what kind of dog you're getting, doing research for the kind of dog you want is much better.

Unless I wanted to breed, I don't think I'd ever buy a pedigree dog ever. Mutts and hybrid dogs are healthier and there is little chance that they've been inbred.

In fairness, Jack Russels are fairly demonic. :D

I disagree that Dogs can't show love towards humans. They are very social animals.

We are more to them than a provider of food, we provide them with the pack their instinct tells them is the way they should live. One of the more heartbreaking moments I've had recently regarding a dog is when I saw the most friendly Golden Retriever at the farm of my wife's former boss.

It wasn't allowed to be in the house but it would run away and get sent to the pound too often so it ended up having to spend most of it's day locked in a horse stall alone. It was very sad.

Her name is "Babygirl" _ she will kill anything she can get a hold of. Dogs do show love- and dogs can be treacherous and sneaky - they lie and they know when you are lying. Sounds like Golden Retriever needs a master and a friend. My daughter asked me kindly if I would take care of her dogs - an English Beagle and a slender and wierd - Portugues Rabbit hound - it looks like a deers head stuck on a dogs body ---well a year has passed...and I am still stuck with them.

Finally I looked at them - they remind me of an odd pair you would see in a Disney movie...so finally when no one was around I said "I love you guys" ....well I do - but I would rather be taking care of grand children...Max the slender one is like a kings dog...I ask him...Max - who is the king - and he always bows and says YOU>

To be fair, Jack London's book, White Fang, which centered around similar savagery, was set in gold-mining camps in the Yukon. Still, the fact that this is ongoing in moderm times does not speak well to their level of civilization.

Basically, these are human animals. They're born, learn to fight, reproduce, and kill or are killed.

The difference is that we in the West don't find dog's unclean, most find great value in them. Horses are similar to this as well.

If they find dogs unclean they can just not have them. They don't have to torture them.

Dogs are unclean. They lick their privates and butts and then want to lick your face. They roll in dead animals and then want to be petted. Some drool endlessly. I have liked and loved dogs, but I don't let them lick me and seldom pet them. Your dog should never be allowed to approach a stranger. If they want to approach the dog they'll ask. Your dog should. NEVER EVER be allowed to approach a strange child EVER. Their teeth and yucky tongue are often right at face level, and it is frightening for a child if not dangerous. If someone wants their child to have a doggie experience, they'll ask you. It's not up to you to decide the child should meet your dog.

If a person ran around licking kids' faces they'd be arrested.

Think about it, and please keep your dog on a short leash on public trails, parks etc. They should be tied even on your front porch because a darting child is a target or plaything to them.

I was chased by a country neighbour's dog every day for months on my small motorcycle. Nothing felt so good as that boot that finally connected with that dog's head. Funny thing ... owner tied it after that. Jerk knew the dog was a menace but did nothing to protect me from him, but protected the dog from me. Lol

There are some bad dogs but mostly bad dog owners. Dogs that join packs and kill farm animals are shot. And that is the natural way of dogs, but we don't allow it. Don't allow them to approach strange children either.

Thanks for the soapbox. :)

Edited by jacee

That still doesn't justify cruel treatment of an animal.

Then again, look what soldiers did to the prisoners in Abu Graib. We have governments who approve secret renditions and torture, even by proxy using other countries. Even when there is little or no evidence that it's warranted. Probably happens far more than we are aware of.

Maher Arar.

Now who are the real animals.

If they find dogs unclean they can just not have them. They don't have to torture them.

It's really stupid - even Jews are not that cowardly - I don't see them run away screaming from a pig. As for torture...look what the Muslims do to each other. The reason they believe they are unclean is because they believe that all dogs are scavengers and will eat dead rotting things...Christians of old used to hold dogs in contempt also - "a dog soon returns to it's vomit" - meaning people do not learn form their mistakes - as for dog vomit - it is rare that a dog will eat it's own vomit - but some will do enjoy a mouth ful of human feces... Dogs are dogs - apes are apes ...snakes are snakes - I don't like snakes much but I as a thinking person don't bother killing or torturing them.

God created nature - the pleasant and the unpleasant. Muslims believe in the concept of Satan a little to much. Some will murder in the name of God - believing that God is not all mighty and needs help in his cosmic weakness - this is absurd. God is all mighty and all powerful -God controls the concept of Satan - God made Satan - Humanity thinks there is a battle between good and evil - God controls all - there is no battle in God's realm - just in our stupid realm.

To be fair, Jack London's book, White Fang, which centered around similar savagery, was set in gold-mining camps in the Yukon. Still, the fact that this is ongoing in moderm times does not speak well to their level of civilization.

Or ours, where we are guilty of the same thing. And, in some cases, worse things. Looks like we're all fuct, as a race I mean. Damn!

Basically, these are human animals. They're born, learn to fight, reproduce, and kill or are killed.

Are you talking about dogs or Mike Vick?

Federal investigators, responding to a Freedom of Information Act request by WSB-TV's Scott MacFarlane, have revealed Vick personally killed at least seven of his fighting dogs by hanging or drowning.

Oh, but wait. He served his time... :rolleyes:

Edited by Shwa

People who love dogs to much and people not enough need to get their sense of natural order into order. There is to much emotionalizm when it comes to pets - Vets in modern Toronto will sucker dog loving dweebs in with super high fees..If you dog got a bee sting on it's paw - the vet would charge you 300 bucks to tell you " Your dog has been stung by a bee and needs to be kept under observation over night"

Dogs do not want to be people - they want to be dogs and they want a master - not a brother or sister in human form.

If I had a choice between dogs and these so called humans, I would take dogs, every time:

http://sandrarose.com/2010/12/muslim-woman-whipped-in-the-street-by-police-video/

Who are the animals? Dogs or MUSLIMS?????

And to help to make up your mind:

http://sandrarose.com/2010/12/muslim-woman-whipped-in-the-street-by-police-video/

Edited by Yukon Jack

Dogs are unclean. They lick their privates and butts and then want to lick your face. They roll in dead animals and then want to be petted. Some drool endlessly. I have liked and loved dogs, but I don't let them lick me and seldom pet them. Your dog should never be allowed to approach a stranger. If they want to approach the dog they'll ask. Your dog should. NEVER EVER be allowed to approach a strange child EVER. Their teeth and yucky tongue are often right at face level, and it is frightening for a child if not dangerous. If someone wants their child to have a doggie experience, they'll ask you. It's not up to you to decide the child should meet your dog.

If a person ran around licking kids' faces they'd be arrested.

Think about it, and please keep your dog on a short leash on public trails, parks etc. They should be tied even on your front porch because a darting child is a target or plaything to them.

I was chased by a country neighbour's dog every day for months on my small motorcycle. Nothing felt so good as that boot that finally connected with that dog's head. Funny thing ... owner tied it after that. Jerk knew the dog was a menace but did nothing to protect me from him, but protected the dog from me. Lol

There are some bad dogs but mostly bad dog owners. Dogs that join packs and kill farm animals are shot. And that is the natural way of dogs, but we don't allow it. Don't allow them to approach strange children either.

Thanks for the soapbox. :)

All creatures clean their private parts, with the possible, nay, the probable exception of creeps like you, with whatever God, Nature or natural selection gave them to to the job with.

By your twisted standards, no one, EVER should be able to shake hands with you, because once in your miserable life you cleaned your bunghole using your hands, which rendered you forever unclean.

I would rather have the mouth and tongue of a dog touch my face than the mouth and tongue and the false 'religion' of a Muslim or their slavish water-carrier like you.

Edited by Yukon Jack

All creatures clean their private parts, with the possible, nay, the probable exception of creeps like you, with whatever God, Nature or natural selection gave them to to the job with.

By your twisted standards, no one, EVER should be able to shake hands with you, because once in your miserable life you cleaned your bunghole using your hands, which rendered you forever unclean.

I would rather have the mouth and tongue of a dog touch my face than the mouth and tongue and the false 'religion' of a Muslim or their slavish water-carrier like you.

YJ - I'm not sure why you succumbed to insults at this point, but you have effectively thrown away your argument (whatever it was). You must be aware at this point that blatant insults are against forum rules ?

YJ - I'm not sure why you succumbed to insults at this point, but you have effectively thrown away your argument (whatever it was). You must be aware at this point that blatant insults are against forum rules ?

Who is YJ?

If you directed your remarks at me, why did you resort to personal insult by NOT referring to/calling me by my chosen screen name? Saving a few key strokes are THAT important to you?

I am fully aware of the rules.