Man's best friend

Yukon Jack

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an example of love and compassion displayed and practiced by the Religion of Peace:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/08/canine_cruelty_by_our_afghan_allies.html

Seriously? Coming from a land of puppy mills, cruelty to dogs, over-flowing dog pounds, etc., you are trying the old heart-strings schtick? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

Mind you, this somewhat better than how they treat their women.

I am sure all the women that are raped, sexually assaulted and beaten every day in the West might have something to say about that. You know, how "we" treat "our" women. <_<

Here is an example of love and compassion displayed and practiced by the Religion of Peace:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/08/canine_cruelty_by_our_afghan_allies.html

Mind you, this somewhat better than how they treat their women.

You know, this article makes the claim that cruelty and hatred towards dogs is mainstream amongst Moslem people, at least among those living in those primitive, barbaric middle eastern countries.

So it seems to be a rather strange lack of perspective for other posters to criticize your post because of a number of cases of cruelty in our own cultures, which are relatively rare enough as to be classed as aberrant behavior. Also, most often when these cases are discovered the perps face legal penalties.

The lack of proportion seems absurd!

Personally I don't see why we should care. We slaughter animals by the billions for food, both humanely and inhumanely. In some countries, dogs also sometimes serve as food. The strange emotional attachment some humans exhibit towards canines is entirely puzzling to me. There is much to condemn about how Islam manifests itself in various part of the world, but the treatment of canines is not even on my radar.

The new mantra is that we are fighting there to liberate dogs now. It's the war on animal cruelty. We got to kill those muslim bastards for it!

Hey if that kind of agenda appeals to some crazy dog lovers out there or something I'm sure someone will make the case for it. If the only problem with the Muslim world was how they treated dogs, I'd loudly berate any leader who suggested intervening.

The new mantra is that we are fighting there to liberate dogs now. It's the war on animal cruelty. We got to kill those muslim bastards for it!

Not at all! It's not worth going to war over such a cultural trait.

However, it DOES tell us something about who we're dealing with! It's just one more indication that these people in that part of the world are primitive barbarians. The more educated and sophisticated ones have been and are smart enough to get the hell out and emigrate to a more civilized country! Effectively, such countries are experiencing a brain drain, which only distills their character flaws to a higher level.

Hillbillies used to say that a man who kicks his dog can't be trusted. It is very important that we understand these cultural differences when we deal with these people. They are NOT like Abou ben Richie Cunninghams!

it DOES tell us something about who we're dealing with! It's just one more indication that these people in that part of the world are primitive barbarians. The more educated and sophisticated ones have been and are smart enough to get the hell out and emigrate to a more civilized country! Effectively, such countries are experiencing a brain drain, which only distills their character flaws to a higher level.

Hillbillies used to say that a man who kicks his dog can't be trusted. It is very important that we understand these cultural differences when we deal with these people. They are NOT like Abou ben Richie Cunninghams!

Can't argue with hillbilly logic. But what to do about it... I think our military action only makes them hate us and as such not at all interested in reforming towards our sense of values. Maye if we utterly annihilated and crushed their society, like was done with Japan, so that they have to rebuild from utter ruin. But it took two atomic bombs to bring them to that point. Hardly worth a dogs life

So it seems to be a rather strange lack of perspective for other posters to criticize your post because of a number of cases of cruelty in our own cultures, which are relatively rare enough as to be classed as aberrant behavior. Also, most often when these cases are discovered the perps face legal penalties.

Cruelty to animals in this country is so rare in fact, that the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and the Humane Society shouldn't really exist or have much business should they?

Right Bill? There should be no reason for the poor treatment of animals to be institutionalized into the SPCA and Humane Society in our society because cruelty to animals is "rare" and the result of "aberrant behavior."

Rare

Rarer

Rarer still

:blink:

Cruelty to animals in this country is so rare in fact, that the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and the Humane Society shouldn't really exist or have much business should they?

Right Bill? There should be no reason for the poor treatment of animals to be institutionalized into the SPCA and Humane Society in our society because cruelty to animals is "rare" and the result of "aberrant behavior."

Rare

Rarer

Rarer still

The difference is that we in the West don't find dog's unclean, most find great value in them. Horses are similar to this as well.

There are several ways dogs are treated in this country that appall me. One of the main things I don't like is "supposed" dog lovers breed mutants like pugs, peekanese, bulldogs etc that are just vet bills on four legs.

The existence of puppy mills proves that people in the west love dogs. The demand for them in our homes is so high that people will do seedy things to meet those demands.

However I rarely see dogs sold in pet stores anymore. Anyone I know that wants a dog now goes on Kijiji and will find a breeder of the breed they want that lives close by. That's how I got my dog.

Now cats are a different story. The plight of a cat is often quite rough. My wife wants a cat, and I refuse. The neighbours cat that hangs out in the back yard all day is enough for me. :huh:

Evidence indicates that people in the west love dogs too much. Idiots will pay $70+ for a 16kg bag of dog food. They'll buy insurance for their pet, they'll pay $10,000 for vet bills on a dog that probably cost less than a $1,000.

How many specialty dog food stores are within 5 square kms of your house? Not to mention you can buy perfectly fine dog food and toys at any grocery store.

That's indication that far more than not, people in this part of the world love dogs.

The existence of puppy mills proves that people in the west love dogs. The demand for them in our homes is so high that people will do seedy things to meet those demands.

Gawd, let's hope we don't start loving babies. Although, I am surprised that instead of immigration, we didn't resort to 'baby mills' to address the low population growth. Even though it would prove that we loved babies.

Dogs are dogs and they do not have "unconditional love" - They have unconditional hunger - Yes I adore my dogs - but if it came to tossing one child into the river or a thousand dogs - the dogs go first. As for Muslims as compared to Christians in the way they react to dogs - I see it all the time - looks of terror in the eyes of a Muslim child..who has been taught that even the smallest dog will tear you appart and if it so much as brushes against you - You will not make it into heaven.

If I am with a dog...and see a Muslim coming I move on to the side walk so as not to offend or frighten them...NOW here is the difference between Muslims and Christians regarding dogs.

Christians are taught that they have power over nature and all of it's creatures - They are taught that nothing is truely unclean...and that to fear a creature that is less than you is a sin. The Christians are taught to have domain and stewardship over the natural world...Where as the Muslims seem to not be one with nature - they fear a dog - which is bizzare...again _ I have seem Muslim children run screaming when a tiny Jack Russell approaches...it kind of pisses me off..That those who proclaim such faith can be moved by a mutt.

Gawd, let's hope we don't start loving babies. Although, I am surprised that instead of immigration, we didn't resort to 'baby mills' to address the low population growth. Even though it would prove that we loved babies.

I'm not saying Puppy Mills are right. And as I said, most people who buy dogs don't use puppy mills anymore because of the dangers posed by them.

I'm just saying there's a difference between using an animal as a tool to make money and treating them like a pest and/or rodent.

Dogs are dogs and they do not have "unconditional love" - They have unconditional hunger - Yes I adore my dogs - but if it came to tossing one child into the river or a thousand dogs - the dogs go first. As for Muslims as compared to Christians in the way they react to dogs - I see it all the time - looks of terror in the eyes of a Muslim child..who has been taught that even the smallest dog will tear you appart and if it so much as brushes against you - You will not make it into heaven.

If I am with a dog...and see a Muslim coming I move on to the side walk so as not to offend or frighten them...NOW here is the difference between Muslims and Christians regarding dogs.

Christians are taught that they have power over nature and all of it's creatures - They are taught that nothing is truely unclean...and that to fear a creature that is less than you is a sin. The Christians are taught to have domain and stewardship over the natural world...Where as the Muslims seem to not be one with nature - they fear a dog - which is bizzare...again _ I have seem Muslim children run screaming when a tiny Jack Russell approaches...it kind of pisses me off..That those who proclaim such faith can be moved by a mutt.

In fairness, Jack Russels are fairly demonic. :D

I disagree that Dogs can't show love towards humans. They are very social animals.

We are more to them than a provider of food, we provide them with the pack their instinct tells them is the way they should live. One of the more heartbreaking moments I've had recently regarding a dog is when I saw the most friendly Golden Retriever at the farm of my wife's former boss.

It wasn't allowed to be in the house but it would run away and get sent to the pound too often so it ended up having to spend most of it's day locked in a horse stall alone. It was very sad.

I'm not saying Puppy Mills are right. And as I said, most people who buy dogs don't use puppy mills anymore because of the dangers posed by them.

I'm just saying there's a difference between using an animal as a tool to make money and treating them like a pest and/or rodent.

I don't like the idea of buying a pet. Adopt a pet or get one from someone giving them away. I adopted a cat due to kicking out an abusive roommate and the cat was left behind. She has now been with me for about 8 years now. She was a scared little thing because the former roommate did not take very good care of her. She still does not like strangers, but give her a little while and she will warm up to anyone who is not a jerk.

Yes I don't like buying pets, at the same time, no problem buying meat at the store..... i know i know ....

You can prevent that by not buying meat in the store and go hunt instead.

Unfortunately with the regulations here in Canada, i need to take a firearms course, get a permit to own, and can only hunt certain things at certain times of the year as long as I have the permits for that too.

Edited by GostHacked