Perry in 2012?

Guest Derek L

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about your repeated use of such incorrect spellings as "harbour", "labour", and "defence" to name a few?

Actually, in Canada they are correct. We don't believe in Noah Webster here. Figure out the semi-colon yet? I noticed you were having trouble with your commas in your recent thread title.

Actually, in Canada they are correct. We don't believe in Noah Webster here. Figure out the semi-colon yet? I noticed you were having trouble with your commas in your recent thread title.

It's called "Webster's English Dictionary" for a reason.

It's called "Webster's English Dictionary" for a reason.

Assuming you think Webster's is the only authoritative dictionary--an opinion with which the good people at Webster's would themselves dispute--the fact is that "labour" and "honour" are included in Webster's, and not presented as misspellings, either.

Guess they made a mistake.

Assuming you think Webster's is the only authoritative dictionary--an opinion with which the good people at Webster's would themselves dispute--the fact is that "labour" and "honour" are included in Webster's, and not presented as misspellings, either.

Guess they made a mistake.

The only English speaking nation that uses Webster's spellings is the US. The rest of the English speaking world use the "u" in words like "fourth", neighbour", "labour", "honour" and so on.

This slide-slipping into English/American spellings seems to come from here:

I hate to nitpick about spelling, but anyone who abuses his/her mother tongue, as you do, deserves no consideration and no understanding and no forgiving.

Maybe we can go back to Perry in 2012 ?

I hear that his religion is a factor, though I'm not sure why.

The only English speaking nation that uses Webster's spellings is the US. The rest of the English speaking world use the "u" in words like "fourth", neighbour", "labour", "honour" and so on.

Yes, I know. And the American spellings are totally legitimate.

Unfortunately, jbg doesn't agree that both are acceptable (or he pretends not to agree).

My only point was--by his standards (Webster's)--the "ou" spellings are legitimate.

Edited by bloodyminded

Maybe we can go back to Perry in 2012 ?

I hear that his religion is a factor, though I'm not sure why.

I guess it depends on whom you ask.

According to some people, he's a true-blue religious fanatic. Others say hogwash.

Personally, on this matter of his religious beliefs, I so far remain...agnostic! :)

Edited by bloodyminded

Mccain didn't have a chance in '08 because of the 'anybody but a republican' mindset after Bush's approval ratings became what they were.

Obama has a worse approval rating with little over a year to go. Plus he's seeking re-election. It's a double whammy(I haven't even mentioned the economy or dismal job numbers but I don't need to), and even with the MSM in his corner, almost nothing can keep out whoever ends up as the republican nomination. That's one reason why there have been so many vying for the nomination this time.

Obama is done. It's all over but the shouting.

Edited by sharkman

Obama has a worse approval rating with little over a year to go.

Once again, absolutely wrong.

Bush was around the mid 20s by the time of the 2008 election.

Obama is currently around 40%, not far below where Bush was when he was reelected in 2004.

But if you think the independents will prefer a candidate like Bachmann who thinks the hurricane and earthquakes are a sign god thinks the government is too big, I encourage you to stand by your analysis until November 2012. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

Guest Derek L

Once again, absolutely wrong.

Bush was around the mid 20s by the time of the 2008 election.

Obama is currently around 40%, not far below where Bush was when he was reelected in 2004.

But if you think the independents will prefer a candidate like Bachmann who thinks the hurricane and earthquakes are a sign god thinks the government is too big, I encourage you to stand by your analysis until November 2012. :lol:

It won’t be Bachmann, she’s polling behind Ron Paul, she’s quickly becoming a non-entity…………on the 3rd either Obama, Perry or Romney will be president……………If he decided to run, I’d throw in Chris Christie as another possibility…….

For the record, Gallup has Obama at 38% approval

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

But there's still plenty of time.....

It won’t be Bachmann, she’s polling behind Ron Paul, she’s quickly becoming a non-entity…………

Bachmann's role is clearly defined as the sacrificial anode for the Tea Party faithful. Her role in the process is important up to the GOP convention. Ron Paul does not have the same visibility or polarizing effect.

Guest Derek L

Bachmann's role is clearly defined as the sacrificial anode for the Tea Party faithful. Her role in the process is important up to the GOP convention. Ron Paul does not have the same visibility or polarizing effect.

Is it still though? Isn’t Perry starting to move in on that territory?

Guest Derek L

Perry can't get away with missteps the way Bachmann can.

With the mainstream GOP and independent voters………….I believe Bachmann, like Paul or the late Jack Layton have the benefit of being able to promise anything, since they never have to worry about delivering.

With the mainstream GOP and independent voters………….I believe Bachmann, like Paul or the late Jack Layton have the benefit of being able to promise anything, since they never have to worry about delivering.

It's true....Bachmann knows she will not be nominated for or elected president, but she can still carry water for the Tea Party and Evangelicals. She could still run for re-election to the Congress. Paul is yesterday's news...he hasn't even done as well as Ross Perot did in '92.

Guest Derek L

It's true....Bachmann knows she will not be nominated for or elected president, but she can still carry water for the Tea Party and Evangelicals. She could still run for re-election to the Congress. Paul is yesterday's news...he hasn't even done as well as Ross Perot did in '92.

I’ve always wanted to like Ron Paul, the same way you can have a pleasant conversation with an old fart at Denny’s over coffee……….But some of his ideas are out there………Still, I agree with him on his polices related to illegal immigration and his zeal on lowering taxes and government spending............

~Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity~

I’ve always wanted to like Ron Paul, the same way you can have a pleasant conversation with an old fart at Denny’s over coffee……….But some of his ideas are out there………Still, I agree with him on his polices related to illegal immigration and his zeal on lowering taxes and government spending............

Most of Paul's ideas are meaningless rhetoric that one branch of government cannot implement alone. He would need the US Congress to buy into some of his extreme views by way of legislation. America shall have no king!

Guest Derek L

Most of Paul's ideas are meaningless rhetoric that one branch of government cannot implement alone. He would need the US Congress to buy into some of his extreme views by way of legislation. America shall have no king!

I agree 100%...........I'm still calling Perry/Palin...........Though as far as I know she's no intrest, I'd like to see Condi Rice as Perry's running mate.......

Ron Paul owns Rick Perry in news poll

Edited by CitizenX

Guest Derek L

Ron Paul owns Rick Perry in news poll

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/31/2566421/poll-puts-perry-ahead-of-gop-presidential.html

Perry holds a 20-point lead since entering the race Aug. 13 in Charleston, according to the poll of 750 usual S.C. Republican primary voters conducted last week.

The Texas governor is at 36 percent, compared with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney at 16 percent and Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann at 13 percent.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/31/2566421/poll-puts-perry-ahead-of-gop-presidential.html#ixzz1Wa5CvaZu

Rounding out the race, according to the new PPP poll, are Herman Cain, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, at 9 percent; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, 8 percent; U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, 5 percent; former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, 4 percent; and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, 2 percent.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/31/2566421/poll-puts-perry-ahead-of-gop-presidential.html#ixzz1Wa5IAIr9

I dunno what the +/- is.........

I guess it depends on whom you ask.

According to some people, he's a true-blue religious fanatic. Others say hogwash.

Personally, on this matter of his religious beliefs, I so far remain...agnostic! :)

Well, I've heard only a few quotes from him, and they sure sounded pretty damn religious. Something along the lines of "America's economy is in the hands of God" or whatever. A statement I strongly disagree with, of course. Then again, the only coverage of Perry I've seen has been on the Colbert Report and the Daily Show so I could be wrong :lol: