Harper's Stance on Obama's Palestinian Plan

Nope...Israel's enemies were just "propped up" with inferior hardware, training, and leadership.

A common error amoung the pro-Arab crowd...thinking Israel's 1967 victory was US supplied. Most Israeli equipment was French and WW2 surplus @ that point...bought and paid for.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's really simple.

Arabs called for extermination of Jews.

No Jews called for extermination of Arabs.

Hitler's Mein Kampf was the bestseller in Arab countries as nowhere else.

The Palestinian Cause is the dream of a former SS man.

If Obama has any balls at all he can tell the Chinese to pull out of Tibet and end the long occupation.

I'm of Ukrainian heritage. Both my parents were born in Canada but all four of my grandparents were born in the Ukraine. Does that mean I can sue the descendent's of just about everyone from Attila the Hun, through Hannibal and Peter the Great and on and on for having stomped on my homeland? Get a grip. Spoils of war is a real thing.

Edited by RNG

I'm of Ukrainian heritage. Both my parents were born in Canada but all four of my grandparents were born in the Ukraine. Does that mean I can sue the descendent's of just about everyone from Attila the Hun, through Hannibal and Peter the Great and on and on for having stomped on my homeland? Get a grip. Spoils of war is a real thing.

What that has to do with pulling out of Tibet, or suing anyone?

Didn't the Russians pull out of Ukraine yet?

What war?

I didn't know whether what he/she/it said makes sense in Canadian? It makes no sense in English.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Canadian versus English. SO true! Please repeat that joke over and over some more. I can't get enough of it! Almost as good as tales of dead fathers and McGovern-lovin.

Edited by BubberMiley

When Chretien opposed Bush Jnr and the Iraq war, Canada's Left applauded Chretien's "statement of independence".

Now, when Harper opposes the policy of a different American regime, Canada's Left disagrees with our PM.

WTF?

"We're not going to spend billions on a stupid war"

-Chretien

vs

"Obamas Wrong, pay more attention to me"

-Harper

(Paraphrasing of course)

What that has to do with pulling out of Tibet, or suing anyone?

What he's pointing out is that the Great Rift Valley of Africa would be a very crowded place if everyone had to return to some ancestral homeland to make way for some indigenous people. There have been vast human movements, some caused by war, some caused by hunger, some grounded in opportunity, most a mixture of those.

What war?

Every Israel-Arab (you put in the variant) war since 1948. The Israelis kicked butt every time. So they get the spoils of war. As much as I don't like a bunch of the stuff they do, they never started any of them. And before you start blathering, lobbing mortars and crude missiles into Israeli territory is starting a war. Deal with it.

Every Israel-Arab (you put in the variant) war since 1948. The Israelis kicked butt every time. So they get the spoils of war.

If "to the victors go the spoils" is a legitimate claim, an awful lot of injustices would go unchecked. The same logic would certainly make for a much different dynamic with regards to aboriginal land claims over here, that's for sure.

If "to the victors go the spoils" is a legitimate claim, an awful lot of injustices would go unchecked. The same logic would certainly make for a much different dynamic with regards to aboriginal land claims over here, that's for sure.

Explain why a country should be allowed to attack another without any form of punishment for the action.

Can anyone explain why only one ancient people's land claim is apparently more valid than virtually everyone else that's been hard-done by at some point in their history?

Did people rattle off their references to Huns, Mohawks and Prussians etc etc when Britain produced it's Balfour Declaration? That said I truly have to marvel at how Britain has managed to slough off so much responsibility for the issue it created when it should be front and center in every negotiation or crisis that revolves around it.

Edited by eyeball

Can anyone explain why only one ancient people's land claim is apparently more valid than virtually everyone else that's been hard-done by at some point in their history?

Because they can back up their claim with military force, just like any other nation. Nobody has the right to land, just the opportunity to defend possession.

Explain why a country should be allowed to attack another without any form of punishment for the action.

Explain why the people that are being punished now (Palestinians) are rather conspicuously not the same people who started those wars (Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan).

Edited by Remiel

Explain why the people that are being punished now (Palestinians) are rather conspicuously not the same people who started those wars (Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan).

Oh, the Mufti's men were also @ war with Israel. They kicked-off the festivities in 1948.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Did people rattle off their references to Huns, Mohawks and Prussians etc etc when Britain produced it's Balfour Declaration? That said I truly have to marvel at how Britain has managed to slough off so much responsibility for the issue it created when it should be front and center in every negotiation or crisis that revolves around it.

The Brits paid for that privilege during WW1 to the tune of tens of thousands of Allied casualties.

Edited by DogOnPorch