Layton found nude in massage parlour!

No he doesn't. He's a public figure.

That only applies in the US you know that right? In Canada, under British law public figures have the same rights has private citizens. That is why Tom Cruse and other actors take their Libel cases to Britain or Common Wealth countries.

If I was you I would brush up on my law. You might need it if the Libel letter comes in the mail. I am sure Layton's Lawyer who has already said he is preparing a case will bundle all the conservative bloggers in one suit.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That only applies in the US you know that right? In Canada, under British law public figures have the same rights has private citizens. That is why Tom Cruse and other actors take their Libel cases to Britain or Common Wealth countries.

If I was you I would brush up on my law. You might need it if the Libel letter comes in the mail. I am sure Layton's Lawyer who has already said he is preparing a case will bundle all the conservative bloggers in one suit.

One thing is for sure, if you are going to accuse someone of having been given a handjob by a prostitute in a bawdy house, you'd better have a helluva lot more than the alleged sixteen year old private notes of a cop with questionable motives revealed less than 72 hours before an election in which one of the principles is a major figure and for which the organization revealing it has clear and numerous ties to that principle's chief competitor.

No he doesn't. He's a public figure.
Look Mike. I am no NDP supporter. But you have crossed so many lines here it is vile. If you insist on talking about it stick to the facts: a cop who acknowledges having a grudge against Layton claims Layton might have been doing more than a massage but he had no evidence.

Look Mike. I am no NDP supporter. But you have crossed so many lines here it is vile. If you insist on talking about it stick to the facts: a cop who acknowledges having a grudge against Layton claims Layton might have been doing more than a massage but he had no evidence.

I'm no NDP fan either, and there are no lack of good reasons to attack the NDP (though I think platform attacks are pretty pointless at this point). But this, this is straight from the sewer. I have no issue with attack ads, but this isn't an attack, this is a slimy back alley smear without a shred of verifiable evidence deliberately released at a point when it could do the most damage.

Whatever an election should be about, it shouldn't be like this. I am absolutely disgusted.

Welp folks, that's it. Jack Layton is the next prime minister of Canada. The Liberals are going to suffer in PC like results from 1993. The Tories just lost all of their close ridings plus some.

Politicians can be such idiots when they get so desperate.

Guest Derek L

The Chretien Facial Paralysis Attack was an ad run by the Torys.

This is a story carried by a tabloid media outlet.

They are not the same.

Also both the Liberals and the Tories have done their best Pontius Pilatus impersonation....they want nothing to do with it.

I haven't read all the allegations or denials here, but I disagree with the premise that this is a non-issue. Depending on the circumstances, it might be an issue.

"Lots of people get massages!"

-yes, but most people who get massages for therapeutic purposes don't get them at the kind of places that get raided by police.

"Who cares if he did go to an actual bawdy-house? What has that got to do with anything?"

-well, if-- and I emphasize IF-- he did go to an actual bawdy-house... that's directly at odds with the pro-feminist views Jack and the NDP promote. Patronizing an establishment that exploits young women is a betrayal of feminist values. It would be comparable to a "family values" politician cheating on his wife, or an anti-gay crusader "tapping his foot" in a bathroom stall.

It's newsworthy, for the same reason. Not that the allegation itself is a serious issue... but it calls into question the sincerity of the beliefs he claims to stand for. If he is going to stand at a podium and tell people that he is a champion of respect and dignity for women, he better not have been patronizing an establishment where naked teenagers give hand-jobs to old dudes. That's all I can say. I really hope it's not true.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I know more. However, I disagree with those who are protesting that this is being reported at all. If it's false, it's despicable slander, obviously. But if it is true, it's a legitimate news story.

-k

If it's false, it's despicable slander, obviously. But if it is true, it's a legitimate news story.
I don't think there is any doubt about the basic facts since Chow claims she was aware of Jacks masssage appointment and says there was nothing untoward. The Sun article made it clear that there was nothing but allegations by a cop with a grudge. The problem is this story is getting distorted by people on the web. Edited by TimG

I don't think there is any doubt about the truth since Chow claims she was aware of Jacks masssage appointment and says there was nothing untoward.

Well, the question seems to be what kind of a place he was actually at.

Ms Chow says it was a registered massage therapy clinic.

so... do police really raid legit therapeutic massage clinics?

-k

Most people that get therapeutic massages go to licensed establishments. This place happens to be licensed. That's the biggest sticking point.

I might add, as an aside, it's wholly convenient that this type of libelous inference comes out after office hours on a Friday night before voting too.

Guest Derek L

mrs wyly has had naked massages should I tell the media???

there are lots of massage parlous in calgary if alberta healthcare pays for a massage for me and pick one at random how am I to know if other services provided...

sad that conservative have resorted to such a low level...

I've asked another poster, are you accusing the Conservative Party of Canada of slander, in relation to the Sun storey?

so... do police really raid legit therapeutic massage clinics?
They might if they were trying to entrap a city councillor that they disliked. I am inclined to believe Jack's story on this. He does not strike me as the kind of guy who would do such things.

I think this thread is libelous. It should be taken down.

Micheal Harder - can you do that?

Lol.. the brownshirt Nazi's are out right here on the forum threatening posters on the forum and trying to censor posts. Love it! Study back into the birth of the far left and Fascism and you will see the very same type of people around the NDP.

Make no mistake, the Liberals brought you this story.

Most people don't know, but it was actually Hilary's camp that dug up all the dirt on Obama's birth certificate. People thought it was 'obviously' the Republicans. But actually if you study history, it's always the far left that bring up the dirt on each other and everyone else. It's always the far left that want to run around threatening and censoring people that don't agree with them.

Don't you NDP brownshirts see what you are doing? You are running around a small forum trying to censor and threaten people.

Jack was caught nude by police in a message parlor.

Now I know why he doesn't campaign much against human smuggling and wants to legalize prostitution. He shure likes our Canadian immigration after all ;)

“It needs to — and will, I’m sure — open up a debate on how we can ensure that women who find themselves involved in prostitution and as sex workers are better protected,” Layton told reporters.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/867921

Just so you're aware, claiming that Jack Layton was engaged in illegal activities, namely having sex with prostitutes, without actually having any evidence to support that claim is libel. Not only is this against the forum rules, but it is illegal. If violating copyright laws and media gag orders resulted in users being banned, you might want to watch what you say.

Study back into the birth of the far left and Fascism and you will see the very same type of people around the NDP.
Last time I checked this is a privately run forum and they are entitled to censor whatever they like. In your case you are making statements which are blatantly libelous.

I am a conservative and you are an embarrassment to conservatives.

They might if they were trying to entrap a city councillor that they disliked. I am inclined to believe Jack's story on this. He does not strike me as the kind of guy who would do such things.

I know that city police could certainly be capable of something like that. I recall a "sting" attempt years ago where members of the Edmonton city police set out to "get" a civic issues reporter who'd been a thorn in their sides. They waited near a bar he was known to go after work, waited for him to drive away, stopped him and demanded a breathalyzer test. They were caught red-handed planning the thing, and I don't recall what happened afterward. I suspect there was a lawsuit and an out-of-court settlement.

So that's a possibility. But surely the newspapers would know the difference between a legitimate therapeutic massage clinic and the Kowloon Bay Lucky Best Wish Happy Ending Massage House. Surely something like that would have blown up badly. And if it had been the police attempting to "get" Layton, surely they wouldn't have let him bicycle away with just a "warning". Something doesn't sound right. I'd really like to know what establishment he was at, and what kind of place it really is.

-k

Something doesn't sound right. I'd really like to know what establishment he was at, and what kind of place it really is.
If they are employing young Asian women as massages then it is a shady establishment. The legitimate massage therapists I know are 30+ and not that attractive.