Layton found nude in massage parlour!

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my question for you then: what is the accusation of wrong-doing here? In other words, what did Jack Layton do wrong?

According to the only verifiable account I've seen, absolutely nothing. According to some unnamed cop who admits have an axe to grind and an uncorroborated notebook, apparently a handjob from a Chinese prostitute.

The real media outlets are playing this a lot cooler because, you know, they have at least a modicum of integrity.

Edited by ToadBrother

I want to hear from Mr. Canada. I want to know if he's accusing Jack Layton of getting a hand-job from an Asian prostitute.

He's been pretty slippery. You know; not accusing Layton of something he's accusing him of. When this all falls flat and Layton's lawyers are beginning the process of owning Sun's assets, he'll be defending all of this by putting the blame on them. The fact that he was gleefully reporting Jack's alleged Asian hooker romper based on a media outlet that basically prides itself on shooting first and asking questions later won't enter his partisan little mind. Nor will the fact that Sun waited until less than three days before an election to drop it's supposed bombshell.

Yah that would get them sued even faster because Jack isn't a John(unless you mean his real name is John but the innuendo there is to much) and he didn't get Jacked off.

How do you know he didn't get jacked off? I could actually care less if he did or didn't, by the way. His sexual habits won't ruin the economy. I think his platform would be disastrous.

This man can be Canadas next PM and he's found naked lying in a bed. What sort of example is this man setting? This is an outrage!!!!!

mrs wyly has had naked massages should I tell the media???

there are lots of massage parlous in calgary if alberta healthcare pays for a massage for me and pick one at random how am I to know if other services provided...

sad that conservative have resorted to such a low level...

How do you know he didn't get jacked off? I could actually care less if he did or didn't, by the way. His sexual habits won't ruin the economy. I think his platform would be disastrous.

Yah I would watch my statements. Bloggers/boardposters have been sued for Libel in Canada. Right now if you make a statement which defames Mr. Layton he has ever right to sue you. Again the police say nothing happened.

mrs wyly has had naked massages should I tell the media???

Better phone the cops!

there are lots of massage parlous in calgary if alberta healthcare pays for a massage for me and pick one at random how am I to know if other services provided...

My private health plan pays for it... but don't tell Sun or Mr. Canada!

sad that conservative have resorted to such a low level...

Oh, but all the Tories will say "That's Sun Media", despite the fact that I'm having a hard time telling the difference between Tory staffers and Sun staff.

Yah I would watch my statements. Bloggers/boardposters have been sued for Libel in Canada. Right now if you make a statement which defames Mr. Layton he has ever right to sue you. Again the police say nothing happened.

I have my doubts anyone here would be sued, but I think, unless Sun has something substantial to back up this cop and his notebook, I have little doubt they'll be served soon enough.

I have my doubts anyone here would be sued, but I think, unless Sun has something substantial to back up this cop and his notebook, I have little doubt they'll be served soon enough.

I am saying that a statement like that could lead to a lawsuit. I don't see it happening from someone here that doesn't mean it wont though. I try to be careful with my statements for that reason.

Do you think this whole thing will hurt the NDP?

Keep in mind that the voters who are undecided between the NDP and Libs are mostly immigrants and Quebecers.

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE WHERE THE POLICE OFFICER CATCHES LAYTON NAKED:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/04/29/18085936.html

Edited by mikedavid00

Keep in mind that the voters who are undecided between the NDP and Libs are mostly immigrants and Quebecers.

I'm thinking you better have the bank account you claim to have. I wonder what your wife will think of her layabout husband ending up on the wrong side of defamation suit. Oh well, lots of healthy young immigrant men.

Edited by ToadBrother

Yep forwarding this on. If I was you I would ask someone to take this down. By the way Laytons Lawyer already sent out the letters to the big Blogs, Newspapers, and media outlets in the country. Just because this one is smaller don't think when they are doing the paper work it wont be hard to tack this one on.

I read the Sun artical. I found nothing that was factually inaccurate according to the NDP version of the truth. Sun is not responsible if people inferred things that where not stated in the article. Edited by TimG

I read the Sun artical. I found nothing that was factually inaccurate according to the NDP version of the truth. Sun is not responsible if people inferred things that where not stated in the article.

They are if there innuendo in the article. I'm hearing the NDP are looking into a lawsuit as we speak so I am sure we will get a chance to find out.

BTW if they write an article, and have a link to another article on the same page about how massage parlors are often this or that (which they do BTW). This is considered innuendo in the Canadian legal system. If the suggestion is there.

They are if there innuendo in the article. I'm hearing the NDP are looking into a lawsuit as we speak so I am sure we will get a chance to find out.
Read it yourself. I am not a lawyer but it looks libel proof - just a statement of facts and a repetition of the opinion of the officer. They did include mention of the denial by Chow so the NDP response was in the article:

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/04/29/layton-found-in-toronto-bawdy-house-former-cop

BTW: Sun media editors are not idiots - they would have consulted lawyers before running this story.

Edited by TimG

Typical Nazi style censorship threats.

The far left.. gotta love em.

Just want to point out the Supreme court ruled that Defamation is not protected by the right of one to express themselves under the Charter of rights and freedoms. A Lie is a Lie and if it is done to slander someones character you can be held civilly (that means monetary) or criminally. Under Article 300 of criminal code “libel known to be false” is punishable by a 5 year prison sentence.

Don't worry about the last one it is rarely used. However the first one is used quite often.

BTW you are a lair!

Edited by punked