Layton found nude in massage parlour!

As I mentioned before: all of the legitimate massage therapists I know if operate out of places that look like doctors offices and they tend to be older and unattractive. A place with Chinese signs employing young immigrent women is automatically suspect if you are familiar with the areas where these palours appear.

Does no one legitimately practise massage therapy until they're 40 or something?? (I'm pretty sure my massage therapist - a dude at the local community health centre - is under 35, quite probably under 30.) Does no one immigrate to the country and legitimately practise massage therapy?

I'll level with you though. I don't really care even if Jack Layton did pay for a hand job 15 years ago (although there IS NO EVIDENCE AT ALL to show that he did), even if he was crusading to ban lap dance clubs at the time. People have moments of weakness. I'd feel the same way about Stephen Harper. I had nothing but contempt for the Liberals' attempt to smear the CPC with the story of Bruce Carson's girlfriend.

Edited by Evening Star

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does no one legitimately practise massage therapy until they're 40 or something?? (I'm pretty sure my massage therapist - a dude at the local community health centre - is under 35, quite probably under 30.) Does no one immigrate to the country and legitimately practise massage therapy?

I'll level with you though. I don't really care even if Jack Layton did pay for a hand job 15 years ago (although there IS NO EVIDENCE AT ALL to show that he did), even if he was crusading to ban lap dance clubs at the time. People have moments of weakness. I'd feel the same way about Stephen Harper. I had nothing but contempt for the Liberals' attempt to smear the CPC with the story of Bruce Carson's girlfriend.

Somebody seeking (and keeping) a political office while crusiding against acts that he engages himself is an hypocrit. And that I would have a major problem with (more than the act itself) if that was the case. Since it's not what happens, the only thing I find interesting in the whole story is the lenght somee people will go to in order to make it something it is not.

People on both sides do the same thing, make the same kind of accusations based on nothing, and therein lies the sorry state of politics/elections in our countries today.
Yep. When some starts pulling out the 'it shows bad judgement' argument you know they got nothing of substance. It was true for the Carson affair and it true for this affair. Edited by TimG

Does no one immigrate to the country and legitimately practise massage therapy?
Sure. But they don't pratice in places that get raided by police.
I had nothing but contempt for the Liberals' attempt to smear the CPC with the story of Bruce Carson's girlfriend.
Great. And I will agree that Layton does not deserved to be smeared with this. My only interest is to point out that there is no real difference between the two.

How you could even compare this slop to the Carson debacle is beyond me. Influence peddaling is actually a crime, getting a massage is not.
And what does a crime committed by someone else have to do with Harper? It was guilt by association the entire time. Just like Layton is being smeared with guilt by association with bawdy houses.

This is the saddest thread ever, what a joke. I can hardly imagine the desperation.

How you could even compare this slop to the Carson debacle is beyond me. Influence peddaling is actually a crime, getting a massage is not.

The Booster Club sure is running scared.

Indeed, once is a lack of proper carefulness on a personal decision, that resulted in embarssement. The other one is lack of proper carefulness on a political dicision, which may have resulted in the commission of an illegal act.

Sure. But they don't pratice in places that get raided by police.

Legimate massage parlours never ever get raided by police. As someone pointed out in one of the thread that have been deleted, it is not infrequent at all to have legitimate massage parlours raided by police, often on the basis of false complaints.

There has been allegations, on this website and not supported by anything reported in the press, that Layton was caught having sex with an underage girl.

No, the article didn't state that he was having sex. The implication with the kleenex, that's just implied allegation. He didn't get charged with anything.

How did this story in the news came out? Who originally leaked it? Was it the cop talking to the newspaper? I only found out about this right here on this forum....then just googled for more info.

Edited by betsy

This is the saddest thread ever, what a joke. I can hardly imagine the desperation.
Shakey, this is politics. Politicians don't get to choose what issues some people think are important.

It is obvious that many people are fascinated by this so-called scandal of an event that happened 15 years ago. The length of this thread attests to that.

If Layton becomes OLO, be prepared for far more stories of the sort. It goes with the terrain.

-----

You might accuse me of being partisan but I tend to think that the scurrilous innuendo that the Left spreads about its right-wing opponents is worse than what the Right puts out about its left-wing opponents. Abetted by the MSM, the Left portrays Stephen Harper as a lying, hypocritical, obsessive, religious fanatic dictator.

So far, Jack Layton has only been accused of getting a nude massage 15 years ago.

What would hiring a pedophile to teach in a gradeschool have to do with the school principle and district superintendent?
Pedophiles are a special class of crime from which one is never 'rehabilitated' in the eyes of the public. There is no comparison.

And what does a crime committed by someone else have to do with Harper? It was guilt by association the entire time. Just like Layton is being smeared with guilt by association with bawdy houses.

Nobody accused Harper of being associated with the crimes Carson was sentenced for. That does not change the fact that his office should have been more careful in its dealing with Carson, especially when Carson may have committed illegal and or unethical acts as part of those dealings. This type of carelessness in political dealings is not a trvial matters, unlike biking to a massage parlour and finding out the embarassing way that police has suspicions about the place.

Guest American Woman
So far, Jack Layton has only been accused of getting a nude massage 15 years ago.

Which makes one think there's nothing worse out there......otherwise why would they focus on this while giving a pass on something worse?

Shakey, this is politics. Politicians don't get to choose what issues some people think are important.

It is obvious that many people are fascinated by this so-called scandal of an event that happened 15 years ago. The length of this thread attests to that.

If Layton becomes OLO, be prepared for far more stories of the sort. It goes with the terrain.

-----

You might accuse me of being partisan but I tend to think that the scurrilous innuendo that the Left spreads about its right-wing opponents is worse than what the Right puts out about its left-wing opponents. Abetted by the MSM, the Left portrays Stephen Harper as a lying, hypocritical, obsessive, religious fanatic dictator.

Well Layton has also been accused of being a fanatic commmunist bent on turning Canada into a Thrid-World country.

Pedophiles are a special class of crime from which one is never 'rehabilitated' in the eyes of the public. There is no comparison.

Carson was charged and convicted several times. That speaks to his "rehabilitation". Putting him in a position to tap into the public purse... that speaks to Harper's judgment.

Which makes one think there's nothing worse out there......otherwise why would they focus on this while giving a pass on something worse?

Accusing politicians of being obsessive, hypocritical and lying doesn't have the same scandal potential as a massage. After all, there are only two types of politicians - the obsessive, hypocritical and lying ones, and those who lose :lol:

Edited by CANADIEN

So far nothing wrong. His wife puts him at the scene of a licensed massage parlor having a massage. Perfectly legal.

Yes. I was just explaining that so far this information about Jack being in the massage parlor is not an allegation. It's already established fact!

We're also getting down to the nature of the "'premature' allegations."

What is "premature" allegation? What does that mean?

You don't mean premature ejaculation? :lol:

I can't help that....what with the wad of kleenex! :lol::lol:

You should care to know, since that's what the police were investigating regarding the establishment.

Whether he's having sex or not, is not the point for me....that's what I mean by I don't care to know! That part of info is just the titilliating part of any sex scandal I guess - the sordid sleazy details - but as I said....it's not what concerns me about the whole thing.

Please show how it was "stupid" and naive" for him to have chosen that particular place. What evidence was out there that he should have known about before hand? Evidence that makes him "stupid" and "naive" for not knowing about it?

Look, if you're in political office, wouldn't you be more discreet....and cautious?

He's naive in the sense that he didn't realize how easily he could've been victimized in blackmail scheme? With a reputation and political ambition, how many young politicians would rather go to the police to report blackmail....or would just rather be coersced into doing "favors" just so not be exposed?

That's one way how crime organizations get some politicians under their thumb! That's one way how politicians get corrupted!

Furthermore, how humiliating can it be to LECTURED by cops about the possibility of that? What, he never watched The Godfather? Goodfellas? Or Jackie Chan? :lol:

Edited by betsy

How did this story in the news came out? Who originally leaked it? Was it the cop talking to the newspaper? I only found out about this right here on this forum....then just googled for more info.

Apparently the source is a retired cop who went to the reporter. I read this story is not original, that it was made public some time ago.

Anyway, we all know that once this kind of stuff gets out it takes on a life of its own. This may not hurt the NDP in this election but there will be more long term consequences, like Layton's time as city councillor and past associations in Quebec that one journalist brought to light recently.

"During an agitated demonstration in 1969, Jack Layton found himself at the sides of turbulent personalities like union leader Michel Chartrand, as well as Robert Lemieux, official lawyer for the Front de liberation du Quebec bomb placers, and the separatist professor Stanley Grey, who had invited him to the event."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/decision-canada/Layton+courted+support+Bloc+voters/4695351/story.html

I know, that was 1969. But it is instructive in how Layton's views about Quebec developed early on and the actions he's taking today in that province.

If you know anything about Vancouver or Toronto then you will know that there are a class of massage parlours run by Triads which are well known fronts for prostitution. There is a constant battle between police and these parlours and they are a headache for city officials. Everything I have read about the massage parlour in question is that it was obviously suspect and a city councillor like Layton should have known.

Exactly!

What more being married to an asian - he must know about asian culture. They live in Toronto, don't they?

Assuming he doesn't know, well that only makes it worse! It means he's ignorant of pressing issues in his own community! So what's he doing in politics?

I know, that was 1969. But it is instructive in how Layton's views about Quebec developed early on and the actions he's taking today in that province.

That's instructive of absolutely nothing. You know it happened 42 years ago, but what? It was 42 years ago. That's what. Trudeau was a student at college that had a nationalist agenda that was on par with Nazi Germany. His biographer, John English, made the argument that his role in repatriating the Constitution and entrenching the Charter was a way for him to atone for that past, after travelling the world and becoming a more open-minded cosmopolitan. Layton's associations 42 years ago tell us nothing about what he would do today. Edited by cybercoma