New Forum Facilitator

Greg

• Forum Admin

I want to welcome long time forum participant, Michael Hardner, to the new role of Forum Facilitator. Michael will be helping out with certain forum functions and I think his contribution will be big asset the Maple Leaf Web discussion forums.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions on the new role of Forum Facilitator.

It's a crappy job, Michael, but you can at least be proud that you were chosen. :) Think of it as recognition of your unsurpassed ability to put the substance of the discussion ahead of personalities or partisanship.

-k

I want to welcome long time forum participant, Michael Hardner, to the new role of Forum Facilitator. Michael will be helping out with certain forum functions and I think his contribution will be big asset the Maple Leaf Web discussion forums.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions on the new role of Forum Facilitator.

Oh boy...Mickey has a long and successful career as a forum administrator already...I do hope the "certain functions" don't involve decision making of any moment... Edited by ScottA

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

Congrats Michael..

BTW, I just discovered something strange.

I have NEVER put anyone on Ignore, infact I don't mess with any settings because its not worth my time.

I just discovered a whole list of people who have been put in "Ignore". I have just fixed this, but I wonder how this could have occurred?

I like reading everyones posts , no matter how painfully stupid or brilliant they are..

• 3 months later...

Michael, you will have a very easy job. Being and/or having been a participant of other forums, I can say that this is the 'laziest' forum I have ever seen. Some threads are not visited for days, even weeks.

Passion on just about any topic is woefully lacking.

If you have an obligation to fulfill your newly earned duty as a facilitator, it is convincing forum members to participate more frequently and more emotionally. One more thing: Make sure that rudeness and profanity will NEVER take hold, as this is the most civil public forum I have ever seen. Make sure it stays that way.

Good Luck!!

Michael, you will have a very easy job. Being and/or having been a participant of other forums, I can say that this is the 'laziest' forum I have ever seen. Some threads are not visited for days, even weeks.

Passion on just about any topic is woefully lacking.

It actually makes more sense that way than to open new threads all the time.

If you have an obligation to fulfill your newly earned duty as a facilitator, it is convincing forum members to participate more frequently and more emotionally. One more thing: Make sure that rudeness and profanity will NEVER take hold, as this is the most civil public forum I have ever seen. Make sure it stays that way.

Good Luck!!

That part is hard. I can't visit every thread, and it's difficult to know when to jump in as sometimes insults can just fizzle. Other times, people are reprimanded and that can be difficult too. I have had posters that I personally like get that kind of treatment.

The mods are the ones to be commended here. They work on here and keep the forum running without posting on it themselves. Thanks to them.

• 6 months later...

Michael is doing a fine job. I'll leave it at that.

Hia appointment anniversary commin up in a month, lets throw a party!

He ain't bin blowin that thar whistle much er it would be needin re chromin by now.

So ? Party or anniversary gift?

Edited by Peeves