Federal Election Polls

A lax justice system.

Left wing social values.

We change our ways and traditions to appease the immigrant while the immigrants make no effort whatsoever to adapt to our customs traditions and ways.

Thats a red neck type of thinking? To think that the newcomers should make some effort to fit into our way if life?

A lax justice system.

Left wing social values.

We change our ways and traditions to appease the immigrant while the immigrants make no effort whatsoever to adapt to our customs traditions and ways.

Thats a red neck type of thinking? To think that the newcomers should make some effort to fit into our way if life?

If that's the way it should be we should all be living in teepee's on the plains, that didn't happen though so obviously that's not the rule of the land.

Our way of life in this country is the immigrant way of life. Get used to it because many more will be coming.

A lax justice system.

Left wing social values.

Who's this we you're talking about Mr. Immigrant? If you can't get with the program maybe you should just ship yourself back to Rhodesia.

A lax justice system.

Left wing social values.

We have a judicial system that is envied worldwide. We have social values, thats a good thing. I was born and raised all my life in Canada from coast to coast, and I haven't had to change anything I didn't want to. I sure as hell enjoyed my time in Toronto in my youth living at the Beaches and being able to find a cornucopia of food, music, discussions etc. that I wouldn't have experienced without immigration. And those newcomers fitted very well into our way of life.

Who's this we you're talking about Mr. Immigrant? If you can't get with the program maybe you should just ship yourself back to Rhodesia.

I emigrated here. I'm not an immigrant. Big difference. I brought my wealth with me to start a new life. I didn't come here wearing funny clothes taking hand outs. Granted I do have an accent when speaking English. Still...I came to build in Canada not take like I see so many doing. It's a shame.

Rhodesia was taken over by a communist. He turned it into a third world country pretty much. Plus whites aren't welcome any longer in Rhodesia. They're killed for sport. But of course you know that.

If that's the way it should be we should all be living in teepee's on the plains, that didn't happen though so obviously that's not the rule of the land.

Our way of life in this country is the immigrant way of life. Get used to it because many more will be coming.

Europeans built Canada and settled the land. Cleared it. Farmed it. Made it a nice modern country. The Natives had nothing to do with that. They wanted to hide out in reservations waiting for handouts while the rest worked at building a nation. Now the hard work is done we have intruders wanting freebies. Disgusting. Canada should still have a head tax. No money we don't need you. Simple as that.

We have a judicial system that is envied worldwide. We have social values, thats a good thing. I was born and raised all my life in Canada from coast to coast, and I haven't had to change anything I didn't want to. I sure as hell enjoyed my time in Toronto in my youth living at the Beaches and being able to find a cornucopia of food, music, discussions etc. that I wouldn't have experienced without immigration. And those newcomers fitted very well into our way of life.

Envied by whom? Criminals for being lax? Yes I'm sure you're right.

We need to allow cops soldiers to wear turbans. We need to allow gays to get married. We need to allow people to wear Burqa in our courts. They can also wear face coverings in airports. Court rooms and the list goes on. What gave these groups done in order to fit into our society? Why is it we who always must change but the immigrant must never need to change?

Envied by whom? Criminals for being lax? Yes I'm sure you're right.

We need to allow cops soldiers to wear turbans. We need to allow gays to get married. We need to allow people to wear Burqa in our courts. They can also wear face coverings in airports. Court rooms and the list goes on. What gave these groups done in order to fit into our society? Why is it we who always must change but the immigrant must never need to change?

If you don't like Canada's legal system, I suggest you go to Cairo and get into trouble for speaking out against the government, and then get back to us. And we certainly dont need to do all these things you speak of, (not sure what sent you down that dead end road) we choose to do those things.

Are you somehow threatened by a gay couple getting married, or a cop wearing a turban...if you are then I suggest you need some education as to the fact that the world is not the squeaky white little environment you must think it is. I'm having take out curry for my Canada Day dinner before heading to the harbor for the fireworks.

I'm not one to say I told you so BUT I did tell you people that the Conservatives would have the NDP leading. The conservatives kept on Justin saying he's not ready etc. and then the NDP got elected out in Alberta. 60% don't want Harper in and so now that the NDP has started to lead, many voters will go with which opposition party is leading in the polls. The news said in Alberta, it appears the some Tory supporters are going NDP. IF the NDP can keep this lead, I sure they will have a majority. Right now, I think Canadians feel they should have someone with experience because of the global problems and one only gets one time to make an impression and I think it will be better for Justin to wait until the election., but I do hope they become the opposition.

I wouldn't be so quick to equate the Supreme Court and their interpretations of the Charter - with Canadian values. As an example....... On abortion rights - a strong majority of Canadians feel their should be some legislative...

When has the SCC ever written legislation?

Legislation gets written by Parliament. Harper has had a decade to deal with this majority position that Canadians hold. It has nothing to do with the SCC.

When has the SCC ever written legislation?

Legislation gets written by Parliament. Harper has had a decade to deal with this majority position that Canadians hold. It has nothing to do with the SCC.

Some of their FN and "HRC" decisions verge on SCC legislation. And Morgantaler is questionable.

Some of their FN and "HRC" decisions verge on SCC legislation. And Morgantaler is questionable.

Nice try, but nope.

None of those ruling were legislating anything. This gov't should be writing legislation to restrict abortion, if that's what they feel is right and a majority of Canadians support it. The SCC put the ball back in the legislator's court... nothing is stopping them from writing legislation.

I suppose the fact that their MAJORITY government is only supported by a MINORITY of Canadians is somewhat stopping them.

I think it has more to do with they've learned what happens when you run a truly conservative government from Mike Harris in Ontario. You get locked out for a very long time.

NDP is starting to come back down again, now that the Alberta honeymoon is fading from memories.

The Federal NDP? I've heard the Alberta NDP has sunk like a stone, with polls indicating that Wild Rose would form Government if an election was held today..........

Frankly, I'm surprised the Alberta NDP Government pulled the trigger so quickly on their "promises", in part, not waiting until after the Fall Federal election to transform Alberta into a workers paradise, so has not to damage the Federal NDP brand in the West. If, the Federal NDP is dropping now, and neither the Tories/Liberals/Bloc (or media) has even really questioned their policy platform, I'd expect that drop to hasten once most Canadians actually read and understand what the NDP wants to do.......

NDP is starting to come back down again, now that the Alberta honeymoon is fading from memories.

Which polls are you looking at? The newest Ekos poll still has them rising (very slightly) compared to last week, although all the changes are within the margin of error.

Edited by Evening Star