Union Busting in Wisconsin

Yeah, 40 student sized classrooms will be so much better for the economic future of Wisconsin

I agree. It would definitely illustrate that the teachers of Wisconsin don't give a shit about the students. Or else they agree to pay half of what everybody else has to pay for pension and health benefits. Apparently that makes kids learn better. :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiight. Paying half of what everyone else has to pay for health care and benefits is designed for their own demise. :rolleyes:

If that's the case, then they should be busted.

So you support union busting through the back door??

Because this is precisely what the governor of Wisconsin is proposing.He is trying to get RTW legislation through in a state that does'nt have RTW legislation...And using the public sector unions as guinea pigs.

All under the guise of a budgetary crisis that seems to have been fabricated through the typical con "gimme my tax cut and get me outta here" wealth redistribution plan...

So you support union busting through the back door??

How is somebody contributing a bit more to their own health care and pensions union busting? Are you for real?

All under the guise of a budgetary crisis that seems to have been fabricated through the typical con "gimme my tax cut and get me outta here" wealth redistribution plan...

You're clearly clueless. How is a 2.7 billion dollar budget deficit a guise? And how does a small tax cut that doesn't take effect for another 2 years have anything to do with this? :rolleyes:

How is somebody contributing a bit more to their own health care and pensions union busting? Are you for real?

You're clearly clueless. How is a 2.7 billion dollar budget deficit a guise? And how does a small tax cut that doesn't take effect for another 2 years have anything to do with this? :rolleyes:

1. Please cite the general provisions surrounding RTW legislation and what they are ultimately designed for.Then,cross reference this with what the Wisconsin governor wants from his public employees.Then research if Wisconsin actually has RTW legislation on the books...

2.How much money was given away in tax cuts by the state legislature???

How much of that is the basis for the budgetary "deficit"???

Let's see who's really clueless,eh Professor???

Edited by Jack Weber

I agree. It would definitely illustrate that the teachers of Wisconsin don't give a shit about the students. Or else they agree to pay half of what everybody else has to pay for pension and health benefits. Apparently that makes kids learn better. :rolleyes:

Ahhh yes, you're not a (paid) "teacher" are you? That's OK, neither am I, I teach for FREE...

Nor I take it did you ever get taught by a GOOD teacher... Because if you had been you'd surely know that one of "the facts of life" is "you get what you pay for" and "as ye sow, so shall ye reap" which in many ways is saying the same thing... :)

GOOD people in any "walk of life" have many options that less qualified people do not... It's YOUR choice everyTIME what level of people are left to "fit your needs"...

The tax cut doesn't take effect yet, and won't for another 2 years. So currently, it makes up for ZERO dollars, and ZERO cents of the budget deficit. I hope that helped. :lol:

The tax cut doesn't take effect yet, and won't for another 2 years. So currently, it makes up for ZERO dollars, and ZERO cents of the budget deficit. I hope that helped. :lol:

You did'nt answer the entire post..

Stop selctively quoting and answer the entire post....

And by the way,it did'nt help because it brings up a whole new round of questions about the veracity of tax cuts....

Now...Back to ther RTW questions you were asked...

1. Please cite the general provisions surrounding RTW legislation and what they are ultimately designed for.Then,cross reference this with what the Wisconsin governor wants from his public employees.Then research if Wisconsin actually has RTW legislation on the books...

Professor...

Part 1...

It should take about 30 seconds of your time...

You did'nt answer the entire post..

Stop selctively quoting and answer the entire post....

And by the way,it did'nt help because it brings up a whole new round of questions about the veracity of tax cuts....

Now...Back to ther RTW questions you were asked...

I've already told you. They're being asked to pay half as much as everyone else does for their health care and pensions. You don't have to believe me. Use Google. And I'll say again, since you're being so obtuse for some reason. Wisconsin submits biennial budgets. Did you know that? Of course not. You continue to post about a state and it's situation you know nothing about. Continually falling back on Canadian legislation and examples which have nothing to do with this. Anyways, Walker's tax cut which amounts to 300 million dollars, doesn't effect this budget deficit at all. Which is actually 3.6 billion. But I'm sure you won't let facts get in the way of your name calling rants. :rolleyes:

So it's RTW without calling it RTW...

Typical con anti labour sentiment...

And why would any union memeber agree to this?

Who cares if they agree to this, legislate it. The unions have been holding the public ransom for far too long and they're sick of it. Every couple years some whiny group is striking to get pay rates and benefits not seen anywhere else in the free world.

It's never enough, they always want more, more and more. Blood sucking leeches.

They want public dollars then they can do what the public says for a change. Hard to believe...wow what a novel concept. Actually do what the majority of people want. Democracy in action.

Who cares if they agree to this, legislate it. The unions have been holding the public ransom for far too long and they're sick of it.

Exactly.

And the worst part of all of this, is that these public unions use tax dollars to run ads and support political candidates. Who in turn, when elected, make sure the unions get even more in salaries, pension and benefits. It's a fancy racket they've got going. Tony Soprano would be very impressed.

I've already told you. They're being asked to pay half as much as everyone else does for their health care and pensions. You don't have to believe me. Use Google. And I'll say again, since you're being so obtuse for some reason. Wisconsin submits biennial budgets. Did you know that? Of course not. You continue to post about a state and it's situation you know nothing about. Continually falling back on Canadian legislation and examples which have nothing to do with this. Anyways, Walker's tax cut which amounts to 300 million dollars, doesn't effect this budget deficit at all. Which is actually 3.6 billion. But I'm sure you won't let facts get in the way of your name calling rants. :rolleyes:

Now your rambling all over the place...

And get off your sanctimonious high horse about name calling because you are one of the worst offenders at that...

Focus Professor...Focus...

I'll ask you again...And by the way,I am well versed in labour legislation in many jurisdictions because the union I beling to is based in the US!!!

Anyway,please answer this professor...For the 2nd time...

1.Please cite the general provisions surrounding RTW legislation and what they are ultimately designed for.Then,cross reference this with what the Wiscinsin governor wants from his public employees.Then search if Wisconsin already has RTW legislation on the books...

It should be easy for you...

Edited by Jack Weber

Who cares if they agree to this, legislate it. The unions have been holding the public ransom for far too long and they're sick of it. Every couple years some whiny group is striking to get pay rates and benefits not seen anywhere else in the free world.

It's never enough, they always want more, more and more. Blood sucking leeches.

They want public dollars then they can do what the public says for a change. Hard to believe...wow what a novel concept. Actually do what the majority of people want. Democracy in action.

So...

Busting unions through legislative means is a good thing,Mr.Falange???

SOP for Fascist...Jose Prima De Rivera would be so proud....

1.Please cite the general provisions surrounding RTW legislation and what they are ultimately designed for.Then,cross reference this with what the Wiscinsin governor wants from his public employees.Then search if Wisconsin already has RTW legislation on the books...

It should be easy for you...

I've done all that. The provisions call for teachers and other civil servants to pay 12% of their health care and pension benefits. They can also retain collective bargaining, but only for salary. It's what the Governor wants from his public employees. And no, Wisconsin doesn't already have this legislation on the books.

I've done all that. The provisions call for teachers and other civil servants to pay 12% of their health care and pension benefits. They can also retain collective bargaining, but only for salary. It's what the Governor wants from his public employees. And no, Wisconsin doesn't already have this legislation on the books.

Well,you've got it partly right..Wisconsin is not a union busting state,at least not yet...I'll bet the cons really would like to give it a try,though...

So again,Professor...

3rd time...Let's see if you have the knowledge to back up your "tough talk" and "well informed nature"...

Because what you've stated above has nothing to do with RTW...It does have to do with concessions that are only part of the problem,and a minor part of the problem...

1.Please cite the general provisions surrounding RTW legislation and what they are ultimately designed for.Then cross reference this with what the Wisconsin governor wants for his public employees...

Again,at least you admit there is no RTW legislation on the books in Wisconsin...

The rest is fairly easy....

Ummm, you do know that Wisconsin had a SURPLUS budget prior to Walker coming in, right?

http://www.doa.state.wi.us/debf/execbudget.asp

It does have to do with concessions that are only part of the problem,and a minor part of the problem

I disagree with your premise. It's not just a minor part of the problem. It's why Governors in New Jersey, New York, and California are all trying to do similar things. They're all asking public sector unions to either take pay freezes, pay cuts, or contribute more to their pensions and benefits. I'm sorry that you're so ill informed.

What do these rubes supporting the governors actions do for a living?

Have any of them done an honest days work?

It has been reported that...

Wait for it....

They seem to be Tea Party supporters...

Kinda shocking,huh???

'Cause...Y'know...Busting unions is all about "the freedom"....

Edited by Jack Weber