This is sickening

Esq

This is truely disgusting polling.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCATRE71A7UY20110211

They need to start giving people a kermit the frog option to gauge the options better.

Like Stephen Harper, Michael Ignateiff, Jack Layton, Elizabeth May, Gille Duceppe, or Kermit the Frog.

Also I'd like to see a comparative.. if you were voting in your riding, from your candidates -who would you vote for...

and see how the poles match up.

Anyone ever have their cell phone called for a poll?

I'd like to see who was actually polled on this. Call them up and ask them to get a better crack supply.

look even mickey is rooting for kermit

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10905283.jpg

I bet fossi could out play both Bob Rae AND Stephen Harper combined, with just his ears..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnFQevPl_1o

They could take the whole thing..

Edited by Esq

Esq, if I understand properly, you don't like Stephen Harper and the federal Conservative Party.

I, OTOH, tend to agree with what Harper and his party have done.

So Esq, why is this a "truely disgusting polling"? IOW, what's your point?

Edited by August1991

Esq, if I understand properly, you don't like Stephen Harper and the federal Conservative Party.

Esq is William Ashley...

He's spamming the baord again with his inate gooffiness...

Nothing to se here...

I don't like the bad things they have done. ---- for the last 5 years. Their lies and their frankly poor policies and actions.

What do you agree with that he or his party has done? What positive things has he or his party done? Things that have helped the people of Canada?

Frankly I see nothing but put them in debt, tear down canada's image, and stifle democracy.

This is truely disgusting because it is disgusting to see a 2% gain when they have done nothing to deserve it, quite the contrary, a few recent actions such as attempting to buy votes with public funds, and running a campaign with tax payer funds is insulting.

They are into dirty politics, unlawful practice, and selling out the public interest.. that is why it is disgusting a 2% increase shows them near the fabled majority territory.

And leading by more than 10 points.

I honestly think the other parties present a better government, even is stills sorely lacking, it is better than a totally corrupt and illegal government jockeying with public tax dollars. Through lies and smearing.

It is disgusting that from this 1600 person poll it showed a 2% increase, that is what is disgusting. It is disgusting that Canadians would let these people form government again. That is what is disgusting.

It shows Canadians support bad government, corruption, and poor morals. That is what is digusting.

These people have delivered on nothing they said they would, they have lied and sold out the public, attacked their own base, and used the public for very selective private interests.

IT is a horrible government. They are bad people, liers, not interested in helping their constituents, and a party oligarchy rather than an actual party - they are corrupt, bad people.

THE END. They suck. and there are idiots who would still vote for them,

that is what is disgusting.

Edited by Esq

They need to start giving people a kermit the frog option to gauge the options better.

I've been polled by Ekos before and I can tell you that they certainly do have an "I don't know", "refuse to answer" or "none of the above" option for you to choose from.

Also I'd like to see a comparative.. if you were voting in your riding, from your candidates -who would you vote for...

and see how the poles match up.

You can probably find the questions asked from Ekos. More than likely the question was posed somewhat like, "If an election were held tomorrow, which candidate would you vote for? a) Conservative, B) Liberal, c) NDP, d) Green, e) Other, f) unsure/don't know, g)refuse to answer." In that case, they're asking the same question you propose.

I don't like the bad things they have done. ---- for the last 5 years. Their lies and their frankly poor policies and actions.

What do you agree with that he or his party has done? What positive things has he or his party done? Things that have helped the people of Canada?

Frankly I see nothing but put them in debt, tear down canada's image, and stifle democracy.

This is truely disgusting because it is disgusting to see a 2% gain when they have done nothing to deserve it, quite the contrary, a few recent actions such as attempting to buy votes with public funds, and running a campaign with tax payer funds is insulting.

They are into dirty politics, unlawful practice, and selling out the public interest.. that is why it is disgusting a 2% increase shows them near the fabled majority territory.

And leading by more than 10 points.

I honestly think the other parties present a better government, even is stills sorely lacking, it is better than a totally corrupt and illegal government jockeying with public tax dollars. Through lies and smearing.

It is disgusting that from this 1600 person poll it showed a 2% increase, that is what is disgusting. It is disgusting that Canadians would let these people form government again. That is what is disgusting.

It shows Canadians support bad government, corruption, and poor morals. That is what is digusting.

These people have delivered on nothing they said they would, they have lied and sold out the public, attacked their own base, and used the public for very selective private interests.

IT is a horrible government. They are bad people, liers, not interested in helping their constituents, and a party oligarchy rather than an actual party - they are corrupt, bad people.

THE END. They suck. and there are idiots who would still vote for them,

that is what is disgusting.

I agree with you 100%. It's been a long time since someone on this board worded my opinion so completely and accurately.

Wait....you WERE talking about the Trudeau, Turner, Chretien and Martin Liberal governments, right?

I agree with you 100%. It's been a long time since someone on this board worded my opinion so completely and accurately.Wait....you WERE talking about the Trudeau, Turner, Chretien and Martin Liberal governments, right?

This is the brain melt I was refering to, I swear the government is lowering peoples IQ's.

I suppose the poll is 'disgusting' because someone doesn't like the results.

Ding! Winner!

Even if one is not a supporter of the Conservatives... which of the alternatives is so clearly awesome that people would have to be *crazy* or *stupid* not to support it?

-k

outlier, hey? I note a reference to this same poll in the main board status updates... it's too bad the MLW member updating his status didn't have the presence to update the "official" polling thread - nothing like having the next week(s) poll results come in to highlight the outliers... and the gloating. But what's this:

Harper's not buying it

...cautioning the results are “inconsistent with our internal polling.”

But the Conservatives aren’t buying it.

In a memo circulated to MPs and supporters Friday evening, Conservative Party strategists caution not to discuss the poll.

“As always, we do not comment on polling,” says the memo.

It notes that this poll is also inconsistent with other “recent published surveys.”

“In the past, pollsters, have sometimes reported support for our Party that is unusually high relative to the prevailing data, only to have the anomaly corrected in a subsequent poll, giving the artificial impression of negative momentum” according to the memo.

... you're welcome.

Not to mention that the poll was for the CBC and Ekos is their pollster who has been accused of Liberal bias - so - just think what the Tory lead might be done by another pollster. B)

Actually, the funny thing is that the other pollsters have the Liberals only 4 points behind. Ekos could be accurate, it could be an outlier. The thing is, there's no trend to support this yet. If all the polls next week have similar number then we'll know.

If this is the start of an actual trend (we'll see), then I like it.

We get it that you don't like the Conservatives Esq, but there are many of us who do. I'm very impressed with what Harper has been able to get done in the last five years in a minority setting with a united left-wing opposition. In my book, he's the best PM we've had in the last 40 years.