Another American takeover of Canadian resources

Esq

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2011/02/09/baffinland-nunavut-inuit-pond-inlet.html

We see the same with cliffs with the chromite mines of northern ontario.

Is it in Canada's interests to have all their metal resources owned by US companies?

I find it concerning. When we have instances like US steel with renigging on contracts and barely if ever getting penalized for economic damages to Canada.

we have another article with this title

ArcelorMittal, partner nearing absolute control of Baffinland

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CE4QqQIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Feconomictimes.indiatimes.com%2Fnews%2Finternational-business%2Farcelormittal-partner-nearing-absolute-control-of-baffinland%2Farticleshow%2F7450900.cms&ei=E_VTTd66Es6jtgei6PHBCQ&usg=AFQjCNHcPWnUQpn4sqffXH5oselxRZBpow&sig2=O2FLZ7BesJsJd-LNL0RvlQ

Over half a billion tons of iron is a lot of iron.

I don't know much about the company nor what to make of this

http://www.arcelormittal.com/index.php?lang=en&page=241

* Lakshmi N. Mittal

Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO

Non independent

(Goldman Sachs and EADS. )

* Vanisha Mittal Bhatia (his daughter)

Member of the Board of Directors

Non independent

* Narayanan Vaghul (Chairman of ICICI Bank Limited)

Independent

* Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. (WL Ross & Co. LLC, a merchant banking firm, a position that he has held since April 2000. Mr Ross is also the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WLR Recovery Fund L.P., WLR Recovery Fund II L.P., Asia Recovery Fund, Asia Recovery Fund Co-Investment, Nippon Investment Partners and Absolute Recovery Hedge Fund. )

Independent

* Lewis B. Kaden (Vice Chairman of Citigroup.)

Lead Independent Director

Independent

* Suzanne Nimocks (McKinsey & Company, a global management consulting firm,)

Independent

* Jeannot Krecké (Luxemburg 2004 Minister of the Economy and Foreign Trade as well as Minister of Sport)

Non independent

* Antoine Spillmann (worked for leading investment banks in London from 1986 to 2000)

Independent

* H.R.H. Prince Guillaume de Luxembourg (duh)

Independent

Seem ameroeuro

anyone know anything about the company?

It is selling a lot higher in new york

Shareprice Time Price D/D-1

Amsterdam 15:04 € 27.61 0.40%

Brussels 15:04 € 27.61 0.40%

Luxembourg 02/08 € 27.60 -1.80%

Madrid 15:07 € 27.63 0.51%

New York 9:09 $ 37.58 0.00%

Paris 15:04 € 27.61 0.40%

2009, ArcelorMittal had sales of approximately $65.1 billion1, steel shipments of approximately 71 million tonnes and crude steel production of approximately 73 million tonnes.

Edited by Esq

As I said before under Mulroney we had the Free Trade and under Harper we have the selling of Canada. Canada is rich with natural resources and every country is out there wanting a piece of it and when they are done, nothing will be left and Ottawa is to blame. Canadians haven't seen nothing yet, just wait and see what happens in the future.

ArcelorMittal 70% and Nunavut Iron Ore 30% I made good money off this stock and going to make more. But the other way that I understand was a ex -head of it was trying to get the chinese to get into it.

The British North America Act that created a sovereign Canada was created in order to protect Canada's financial interests from an increasing attempts by the US to take over Canadian resources and take control of the economy, and as a measure to defend against a potential military invasion by the United States.

Looks like after 145 years the US finally found a way around it and the people that would help them take over Canada. We are doomed to become US citizens if we let Harper stay as Prime Minister any longer!

Edited by charter.rights

As I said before under Mulroney we had the Free Trade and under Harper we have the selling of Canada. Canada is rich with natural resources and every country is out there wanting a piece of it and when they are done, nothing will be left and Ottawa is to blame. Canadians haven't seen nothing yet, just wait and see what happens in the future.

You could always purchase stock yourself and FIGHT BACK! :blink:

There's a big fog moving in from the east... London Stock market to take over the TSX and Montreal Stock Markets... We may never know what's happening in our own resources sectors...

Is it in Canada's interests to have all their metal resources owned by US companies?

What's Liberal and NDP opinion? Maybe they should get elected and run the show.

What were the rules under Liberals?

Should we adapt same rules as Thailand?

I find it concerning. When we have instances like US steel with renigging on contracts

Concerning or disconcerting? Is "renigging" the same thing they call in Ohio and Indiana "nigger rigging"?

ArcelorMittal 70% and Nunavut Iron Ore 30% I made good money off this stock and going to make more. But the other way that I understand was a ex -head of it was trying to get the chinese to get into it.

The chinese just bought into BC encana. gas/

Edited by Esq

We could of course elect American like Iggy for PM :)

Sure we could. He hasn't promised to gove us away to the US. His presence at Harvard was to teach Americans a little civility in politics and culture in a Canadian way. That is better than having a new Vive President Harper towing the line to the whims of the CIA.