Has talk radio gone to far?

Topaz

Democrats in the US are saying that talk radio help push this guy to kill. The supporters of talk radio, mostly Republicans, are saying that they had nothing to do with the killings. Do you think talk radio in the US does more harm than good and sends the wrong message to some people, who may take it the wrong way? Thoughts?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about manipulation of the people through their senses..through sensuality - and SENSATIONALIZM....old Christian Orthodox teachings attempted to show people that they are more than animals and should not submit to the disappating effects of sensuality or sensationalizm...Talk radio and most other media and art forms go for the cheap shot...right for the base reactive human senses..like sticking a rat with a pin to make it move- to manipulate it...so it seems that this manipulation has dire out comes eventually....Sensationalizm as a tool to make money is not nice - escpecially if people are driven to murder so others can profit.

There is no evidence that he listened to any talk radio or that any political news sources had anything to do with it. This is just another way of trying to shut down free speech. Don't forget talk of wishing people dead isn't exclusive to the right

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-national/leaked-emails-npr-producer-fantasized-about-killing-rush-limbaugh

and Christ Mathews fantazing about killing Rush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9uSnFFGvQ

whoops, that one been scrubbed :lol:

on a broader media level...
I told all of our guys, shut up, tone it down, make your argument intellectually

apparently, Fox News talking heads have gone into seclusion... rumours of planned interventions have surfaced!

There is no evidence that he listened to any talk radio or that any political news sources had anything to do with it. This is just another way of trying to shut down free speech.

squawk, free speech!... squawk, free speech! Oh my, scribbler, could you be any more naive? That's an actual Ailes statement I quoted... what is Ailes responding to - other than the pervasive overheated political rhetoric that has so polarized media outlets and shifted talk/discussion to the lowest common denominators... presenting brash, shit-throwing, over-the-top, loud-mouthed purveyors intending, ostensibly, to beat the path of an ideological drum... to influence... while pressing for ever higher ratings and advertising dollars. Short-sighted, narrow-minded thinkers will see calls for lowering the rhetoric as infringements to free speech...

Democrats in the US are saying that talk radio help push this guy to kill. The supporters of talk radio, mostly Republicans, are saying that they had nothing to do with the killings. Do you think talk radio in the US does more harm than good and sends the wrong message to some people, who may take it the wrong way? Thoughts?

every society has it's low brow torches and pitchforks crowd and US talk radio/faux news targets that demographic whipping them into a frenzy in order to make a profit...in the US that crowd is mostly the tea party loons and other neo-con groups, extremely stupid under-educated crackpots...now add a few mentally disturbed types to the mix and you have a recipe for potential disaster...

every society has it's low brow torches and pitchforks crowd and US talk radio/faux news targets that demographic whipping them into a frenzy in order to make a profit...in the US that crowd is mostly the tea party loons and other neo-con groups, extremely stupid under-educated crackpots...now add a few mentally disturbed types to the mix and you have a recipe for potential disaster...

Yup, just like this

http://hillbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/screen-shot-2011-01-10-at-1-36-34-pm.png

This is just another way of trying to shut down free speech.
squawk, free speech!... squawk, free speech! Oh my, scribbler, could you be any more naive? That's an actual Ailes statement I quoted... what is Ailes responding to - other than the pervasive overheated political rhetoric that has so polarized media outlets and shifted talk/discussion to the lowest common denominators... presenting brash, shit-throwing, over-the-top, loud-mouthed purveyors intending, ostensibly, to beat the path of an ideological drum... to influence... while pressing for ever higher ratings and advertising dollars. Short-sighted, narrow-minded thinkers will see calls for lowering the rhetoric as infringements to free speech...
A definite illogical conclusion LOL but I guess it squawks cos it can't talk.

:lol: no problem, scribbler... perhaps you could elaborate on what you meant by This ... of course, you stridently continue, advising, "There is no evidence that he listened to any talk radio or that any political news sources had anything to do with it". Perhaps you'd like to offer suggestion as to what Fox News head Roger Ailes was referencing in regards the quote I offered... I mean... why bother? In the face of your expressed "no evidence", why would Ailes respond in kind; why would he state, "I told all of our guys, shut up, tone it down, make your argument intellectually? Why does Roger Ailes/Fox News want to stifle your free speech, hey scribbler?

Who knows how much the media had to do with this guys actions but you can bet it had some influence. People who love to use the gun as a metaphor for everything shouldn't be surprised or shocked when it turns into reality.

Who knows if the guy even saw Palin's map but she has been getting a lot of mileage out of promoting her hokey frontier girl persona and it has jumped up and bit her in the ass. We'll wait and see if she takes a tetanus shot. Inevitable really and under different circumstances, it might have been quite funny.

Edited by Wilber

I'd almost think you are on Ailes' payroll.

Blaming talk radio or Fox News for this idiot's shooting spree is like a drunk driver who kills a family blaming the alcohol.

Notice how fools like waldo and wyly are always looking to blame something they don't like. Typical losers. Imagine a world like wyldo's utopia where no one is responsible for his/her actions.............because they can blame it on some other entity.

Wyly, have you found out where Mirimar is? :lol: You're not so educated, are you. You're great at making stuff up...I'll give you that. Waldo, get a job buddy. :P

The only person to blame is the shooter, and again there is no evidence that he listened to talk radio or anything else, and in fact his obsession with Giffords predated the tea party and Sarah Palin's political emergence.

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable -

- Ronald Reagan

The father of the child is a class act

http://ncfreedom.us/2011/01/class-act-father-of-9-year-old-victim-don%E2%80%99t-exploit-my-daughter%E2%80%99s-death-to-revoke-freedoms/

Don’t Exploit My Daughter’s Death To Revoke Freedoms

exploiting a tragedy

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/docs/Bernie.pdf

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/01/bernie-sanders-gabrielle-giffords-fundraising-/1

given the track record on lukin/scribbler comprehension failings, it's not at all surprising they would misfire again. Of course, given the raised profile of the Arizona shootings, U.S. national and international reactions are clearly taking stock of the pervasive negative media/political rhetoric influencing, at large, regardless of whether or not it directly influenced this specific perpetrator. That's exactly what Fox News' Roger Ailes is addressing in that statement, his statement, that I quoted. It's also not surprising lukin/scribbler haven't the intellectual capacity to recognize how the ramped up rhetoric plays on simple minds. Imagine the nerve of media outlet heads calling for a lowering of the rhetoric; my gawd, "free speech" infringements!!! :lol:

I thought I'd post this - no surprise here. The Spectre of the 'Fairness Doctrine" has to raise it's ugly head. No surprise that the left would want to exploit this to suppress free speech. :lol:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jan/10/clyburn-words-can-be-danger/

COLUMBIA — U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn, the third-ranking Democrat in Congress, said Sunday the deadly shooting in Arizona should get the country thinking about what's acceptable to say publicly and when people should keep their mouths shut.

Clyburn said he thinks vitriol in public discourse led to a 22-year-old suspect opening fire Saturday at an event Democratic U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords held for her constituents in Tucson, Ariz. Six people were killed and 14 others were injured, including Giffords.

The shooting is cause for the country to rethink parameters on free speech, Clyburn said from his office, just blocks from the South Carolina Statehouse. He wants standards put in place to guarantee balanced media coverage with a reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine, in addition to calling on elected officials and media pundits to use 'better judgment.'

I dont condone any kind of political violence, but when I see how the democrats and republicans behave It boggles my mind that they can even walk around without body armor. Not only are they curb stomping your average Americans face to a pulp, but theyre actively trying to ratchet up the rhetoric and divide people more and more.

Its a credit to the civility, patience, and forgivingness of American citizens that this kind of thing doesnt happen more.

given the track record on lukin/scribbler comprehension failings, it's not at all surprising they would misfire again. Of course, given the raised profile of the Arizona shootings, U.S. national and international reactions are clearly taking stock of the pervasive negative media/political rhetoric influencing, at large, regardless of whether or not it directly influenced this specific perpetrator. That's exactly what Fox News' Roger Ailes is addressing in that statement, his statement, that I quoted. It's also not surprising lukin/scribbler haven't the intellectual capacity to recognize how the ramped up rhetoric plays on simple minds. Imagine the nerve of media outlet heads calling for a lowering of the rhetoric; my gawd, "free speech" infringements!!! :lol:

More nonsense from the king of nonsense. Why isn't this tragedy playing out on a daily basis if there are so many people out there who are getting "revved" up by Fox News? Waldo, when using the word simple to describe someone, remember to look in the mirror for the perfect example. Grab a clue and emerge from your mother's basement buddy.

Of course, given the raised profile of the Arizona shootings, U.S. national and international reactions are clearly taking stock of the pervasive negative media/political rhetoric influencing, at large, regardless of whether or not it directly influenced this specific perpetrator. That's exactly what Fox News' Roger Ailes is addressing in that statement, his statement, that I quoted.
More nonsense from the king of nonsense. Why isn't this tragedy playing out on a daily basis if there are so many people out there who are getting "revved" up by Fox News?

clearly your makeup is founded in polarization... you feed on it. I'm not sure why you're emphasizing Fox News... I've pointedly spoken to an 'at large' failing of media/political rhetoric... my reference to Fox News' Roger Ailes statement was, if anything, a testament to his expressed internal communication (only to have GostHacked suggest I was, "on Ailes payroll"). Whatever I personally think of Fox News, it hasn't entered into anything I've stated within this thread. Since Ailes statement came forward, several politicians and other heads of news & broadcasting outlets have, similarly, called for a "lowering of the tone/rhetoric"... obviously, all these leaders and management levels are out-of-sync with your in-depth, penetrating analysis, hey lukin? :lol: