UAE - Crybabies

Moonbox

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...they're crybabies. God forbid they expect something in return for the use of a vital military asset. To ignore the realities of world dipomacy and expect it for free, and then to whine about blackmail? Puh-lease, the only people that are crybabies are the Canadians who don't understand how the world actually works.

Hilarious - Maclean's a previous supporter of Harper has said he should hire Rae as foreign minister due to the way he's handled himself in this spat.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/01/18/why-harper-should-hire-bob-rae/

Edited by nicky10013

Yeah...they're crybabies. God forbid they expect something in return for the use of a vital military asset. To ignore the realities of world dipomacy and expect it for free, and then to whine about blackmail? Puh-lease, the only people that are crybabies are the Canadians who don't understand how the world actually works.

I keep telling people that Harper wants to turn Canadians into Americans who think they are the only country in the world and don't know about the world around them. He may even want to make Canadians stupid enough so they can't locate countries on a map like Americans. Also, just watch if Harper gets to have his majority intelligence of average Canadians will start to go down especially in science and math.

Harper is making Canada look like fools on the international stage. I say the sooner Harper leaves the better.

Read the post above you about what the geramans had to say, harper was right as usual, the libs owe him a apology. And in the real world (not your world) harper is very well respected on the international scene. I can't believe because some country bought waaaay to many jets expect canada to open up it skies. Sell off some of thier planes. And I would like to add to all the whinners here, if it was your job at stake because a foreign country demanded something from us that you affect you, how would you feel. It is to bad the left can't back up this country instead of alway selling us out. Edited by PIK

Read the post above you, harper was right as usual, the libs owe him a apology. And in the real world (not your world) harper is very well respected on the international scene.

not on the environment and definitely in the canadian alliance world when he wanted to invade iraq.

I keep telling people that Harper wants to turn Canadians into Americans who think they are the only country in the world and don't know about the world around them. He may even want to make Canadians stupid enough so they can't locate countries on a map like Americans. Also, just watch if Harper gets to have his majority intelligence of average Canadians will start to go down especially in science and math.

Well we all know now, that your can't go any lower.

not on the environment and definitely in the canadian alliance world when he wanted to invade iraq.

Thank god for that, how much would be on the hook for if we were still tied to kyoto, I am glad he stood up to that scam. And on Iraq ,yes harper wanted to support them on iraq,but we had nothing to send there, and harper has admitted to that. And lets not forget the kelowna accord that harper cancelled, add another 5 bil to the debt for that , or the day care which would have cost another 5 bil, do the math.You do realize that we produce 2% of the green house gases, where china is opening up a coal fired plant every day.TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS. Edited by PIK

Thank god for that, how much would be on the hook for if we were still tied to kyoto, I am glad he stood up to that scam. And on Iraq ,yes harper wanted to support them on iraq,but we had nothing to send there, and harper has admitted to that. And lets not forget the kelowna accord that harper cancelled, add another 5 bil to the debt for that , or the day care which would have cost another 5 bil, do the math.You do realize that we produce 2% of the green house gases, where china is opening up a coal fired plant every day.TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS.

I am not trying to be mean with the whole intelligence thing but the truth is in the US they would rather stay firm on an issue than do the right thing and I think that Harper wants to import that approach to Canada and I feel we deserve a lot better. Also, you said the environment is a waste but eventually all countries will need to face those things. On Iraq, he did admit it I think I saw in an interview once. No one knows where he might stand on a war with Iran.

Guest American Woman
I keep telling people that Harper wants to turn Canadians into Americans who think they are the only country in the world and don't know about the world around them. He may even want to make Canadians stupid enough so they can't locate countries on a map like Americans.

Not to worry. You're safe. Harper couldn't make you any more stupid, no matter how hard he tried. :)

I keep telling people that Harper wants to turn Canadians into Americans who think they are the only country in the world and don't know about the world around them. He may even want to make Canadians stupid enough so they can't locate countries on a map like Americans.

The Americans had no problem finding Iraq and Afghanistan on a map. Michael Ignatieff still thinks he is an American.

Also, just watch if Harper gets to have his majority intelligence of average Canadians will start to go down especially in science and math.

Yes, then we will have no more Canadian internet, space probes, or moon landings! ;)

Conservatives like to play on emotions.

Like the Germans, French and Koreans, Harper is looking out for Canadian interests. It is the opposition playing on emotions. I suspect that if he had cratered to the Emirates demands, Rae would have been all over him for doing so. How about doing what is right for this country and its companies.

Harper is making Canada look like fools on the international stage. I say the sooner Harper leaves the better.

My reading of things is that Harper is quite well-respected on the international stage. Putin is a swaggering blowhard. Obama is a naif. Berlusconi is a crook and womanizer, Sarkozy is a narcisist. I don't see these great statesmen you seem to think Harper can't hold up his head amongst.

Hello? Today is calling. Answer the phone.

Nobody cares about Iraq. As for the environment, few of us seem willing to see our economy in ruins in order to achieve a microscopic and insignificant decrease in CO2 emissions.

Like the Germans, French and Koreans, Harper is looking out for Canadian interests. It is the opposition playing on emotions. I suspect that if he had cratered to the Emirates demands, Rae would have been all over him for doing so. How about doing what is right for this country and its companies.

No, the Germans, French and Koreans are practicing protectionism. Something Stevie boy pretends to hate. He's just hopping on the protectionist band wagon. Is it any coincidence that this decision was made after the government spoke to the head of Air Canada? No, of course not.

I'd also like to question how the opposition is stoking emotions? All they did was call the government out on how badly they've handled the situation. Some people may disagree on the scope of how bad this has been bungled, but no matter how bad or not bad you may think it is, a $1000 visa fee tacked onto Canadian citiznes says only one thing: major failure. No, the people stoking emotions here is the government. They've taken a failure and made it seem like a country is blackmailing us when we were too obstinant to deal with them anyhow.

Can any conservative poster on here come back with anything that ISN'T essentially reducing the argument to "I know you are but what am I?" A little intelligence goes a long way.

Hello? Today is calling. Answer the phone.

Nobody cares about Iraq. As for the environment, few of us seem willing to see our economy in ruins in order to achieve a microscopic and insignificant decrease in CO2 emissions.

Actually to increase your fuel efficiency standards and have the manufacturing jobs of tomorrow you need to invest in the environment and Germany is one of the leading nations when it comes to investing in green technology and green jobs and they are doing okay.

No, the Germans, French and Koreans are practicing protectionism. Something Stevie boy pretends to hate. He's just hopping on the protectionist band wagon. Is it any coincidence that this decision was made after the government spoke to the head of Air Canada? No, of course not.

I'd also like to question how the opposition is stoking emotions? All they did was call the government out on how badly they've handled the situation. Some people may disagree on the scope of how bad this has been bungled, but no matter how bad or not bad you may think it is, a $1000 visa fee tacked onto Canadian citiznes says only one thing: major failure. No, the people stoking emotions here is the government. They've taken a failure and made it seem like a country is blackmailing us when we were too obstinant to deal with them anyhow.

Can any conservative poster on here come back with anything that ISN'T essentially reducing the argument to "I know you are but what am I?" A little intelligence goes a long way.

He like them is doing what he was elected to do, look after the interests of Canadians and Canadian compnies, not foreigners or their companies.

Of course he talked to Air Canada, do you think he should only have talked to the Emirates and given them anything they wanted?

Do you think every time a country threatens us with rediculous visa fees we should just give them whatever they demand?

He like them is doing what he was elected to do, look after the interests of Canadians and Canadian compnies, not foreigners or their companies.

Wow. Conservatives defending Air Canada and protectionism. You guys really do follow King Steve wherever he'll go.

Tell me, why shouldn't Air Canada be subject to the market?

Of course he talked to Air Canada, do you think he should only have talked to the Emirates and given them anything they wanted?

No, there was a negotiated settlement to be had with the UAE government. However, the Conservatives didn't want one. They wanted to stage political theatre to drum up support because those dastardly Emirates government officials want to milk our boys in uniform for all they're worth, dontcha know!

The real fact of the matter is that the government and the UAE have been negotiating for 5 years. LEt me type that again. 5 years. The government has budged on their position 0. That's not a negotiation. They negotiated in bad faith for 5 years and the UAE got pissed. Wouldn't we?

Do you think every time a country threatens us with rediculous visa fees we should just give them whatever they demand?

I never implied such a thing. I said the fact that this situation (I outlined it above) has come to this, a $1000 visa fee which has been implemented and thus is no threat, is a sign of a major failure.

Air Canada is subject to the market. That market can't sustain more flights from the UAE GOVERNMENT carries.

surely in an open market the best product/service will win in the end...could it be AC is afraid of losing business to a superior airline?...I have no love for a company merely because it slaps canada on the side of it's product, I want the best value for my dollar regardless where it comes from...

surely in an open market the best product/service will win in the end...could it be AC is afraid of losing business to a superior airline?...I have no love for a company merely because it slaps canada on the side of it's product, I want the best value for my dollar regardless where it comes from...

I think so. With all the complaints you hear about AC, I just had a friend fly to and from Malaysia with Emirates and he said they were fantastic.

Wow. Conservatives defending Air Canada and protectionism. You guys really do follow King Steve wherever he'll go.

Tell me, why shouldn't Air Canada be subject to the market?

No, there was a negotiated settlement to be had with the UAE government. However, the Conservatives didn't want one. They wanted to stage political theatre to drum up support because those dastardly Emirates government officials want to milk our boys in uniform for all they're worth, dontcha know!

The real fact of the matter is that the government and the UAE have been negotiating for 5 years. LEt me type that again. 5 years. The government has budged on their position 0. That's not a negotiation. They negotiated in bad faith for 5 years and the UAE got pissed. Wouldn't we?

I never implied such a thing. I said the fact that this situation (I outlined it above) has come to this, a $1000 visa fee which has been implemented and thus is no threat, is a sign of a major failure.

How is it in Canada's interest to help Emirates buid Dubai as a hub at Air Canada's cost?

Canada hasn't budged because there is nothing in it for Canada.

The only failure the visa issue indicates is Emirates failure to get what it wants for its airline.