Apparently the Economy is the Second Most Important thing to Harper

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/pm-to-film-cameo-on-victorian-era-cop-show/article1759034/

Stephen Harper is trading the Punch and Judy show of Canadian politics for a Victorian-era crime drama today, making a cameo appearance on a hit TV series that’s beloved by his daughter.

Mr. Harper will film his part for Murdoch Mysteries Friday in Toronto, sources say.

Great to know we have a PM with priorities.

Are you Harper haters really that lacking in substance that you have to bring this up? He's got way more significant faults than this, it's just the Iggy and Layton are worse, and the Greens are a joke.

Slow news day I guess, couldn't find anything else.

They used to find more significant problems in the past. Like Preston Manning's voice, his glasses, his hair..... those were the Happy Daze.

Btw, economy IS the second most important issue. First is the National Defence. No economy if you can't defend it. But there are fewer and fewer of those who remember what it really means. So we go back to the "new era" when we don't have to worry about national defence.

.......until it's too late.

Harper was very funny on mercer's show. All the BS from the liberal of harper being mean and cold, now we know he can be mean and cold and nice and warm and can act a little, sounds very human to me.

After being on Corner Gas and now this, it would seem Harper likes to ACT!

Apparently, so does Ignatieff.

Nothing is personal in politics, because politics is theater. It is part of the job to pretend to have emotions that you do not actually feel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/05/magazine/05iraq-t.html?pagewanted=print

When I listen to Ignatieff I wonder, is he acting right now?

Even better is how Harper can really piss off the OP and others like Topaz simply by..... existing. He does not have to do or not do anything. It is a great talent.

Indeed, he is a multi talented person LOL It's called HDS (Harper Derangement Syndrome)

I concur with Punked... more trial by anecdote... this doesn't get us anywhere...

Sir John A. was said to be a terrible drunk, but was he a good PM when sober ?

John A. Macdonald insisted on the death penalty for Louis Riel even though the presiding judges thought it wrong.

Harper is catering to the old, british-loving folk who watch these stupid shows because he wants their votes and has a fetish for anything Imperial.

He's off in lala land while our country experiences its worst deficit EVER.

Indeed, he is a multi talented person LOL It's called HDS (Harper Derangement Syndrome)

Nope. People may not have problems with it but in the end I do. Harper going on TV isn't the problem. Harper going on tv to do absolutely nothing productive is my problem. I read this morning that Obama was going on Mythbusters. I instantaneously got the same knot in my stomach I did when reading about Harper. Reading through the rest of the article, I was happy to find out that he's going on the program to promote a national kids science fair and the medium of mythbusters is probably a much better way to get kids involved than CNN and a good endeavour period since in the US math and science scores are some of the lowest in the industrialized world. That makes sense. There is absolutely no benefit for our Prime Minister degrading his office to play a walk on bit part in a television show no one watches other than the self-aggrandizement of his own ego.

Feel free to disagree, but he certainly has better time on his hands.

There is absolutely no benefit for our Prime Minister degrading his office to play a walk on bit part in a television show no one watches other than the self-aggrandizement of his own ego.

If no one watches why do you worry? :)

John A. Macdonald insisted on the death penalty for Louis Riel even though the presiding judges thought it wrong.

Harper is catering to the old, british-loving folk who watch these stupid shows because he wants their votes and has a fetish for anything Imperial.

He's off in lala land while our country experiences its worst deficit EVER.

The debt could be payed so damn quick, lets audit the indians affairs books and we could probably save billions with the corruption in that dept, oh wait we can't do a audit becuase the other parties I understand rejected that idea. Just clean up 25% of the corruption in this country and we are laughing.I would like to know how much of our money is given to interest groups ,that should be told to go raise your own money, to many people making a living just off goverment money, it has to end.

Because he should be spending his time trying to better the country. You only get so much time as PM and you can do a lot with it. IMO with this stupid stunt he's wasting a great deal of it.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Smallc

The debt could be payed so damn quick, lets audit the indians affairs books and we could probably save billions with the corruption in that dept, oh wait we can't do a audit becuase the other parties I understand rejected that idea. Just clean up 25% of the corruption in this country and we are laughing.

:lol: Right. Cleaning up the tiny bit of corruption that exists in Canada will allow us to pay our $600B debt.