Apparently the Economy is the Second Most Important thing to Harper

He's off in lala land while our country experiences its worst deficit EVER.

Actually it was far worse under Chretien/Martin who benefited from GST as no ne else. But Martin the magician patched it over by robbing EI and pensions and putting them into general revenues and voila "no deficit"!

Actually it was far worse under Chretien/Martin who benefited from GST as no ne else. But Martin the magician patched it over by robbing EI and pensions and putting them into general revenues and voila "no deficit"!

He did it, though, didn't he? Also, when you're running 13 billion dollar surpluses, you have money to do, things, you know, like pay down the debt and to actually refill the EI. Harper, with the same benefit of GST has Chretien, has driven federal finances into the ditch.

He did it, though, didn't he? Also, when you're running 13 billion dollar surpluses, you have money to do, things, you know, like pay down the debt and to actually refill the EI. Harper, with the same benefit of GST has Chretien, has driven federal finances into the ditch.

Please don't take this as any defense of Harper, but let's face it, Cretin had the advantage of a world wide boom, and Harper inherited a global recession. So not totally fair. And that wasn't a spelling mistake.

He did it, though, didn't he? Also, when you're running 13 billion dollar surpluses, you have money to do, things, you know, like pay down the debt and to actually refill the EI.

So why the Liberals didn't pay down the debt and instead increased it????

Why they robbed the EI and put it in general revenue???

Harper's for the arts, ya know! :lol:

I like the arts. I also support cuts to government funding to the arts. I don't think that is conflicting. Art and money....two different things. Artists who think they are entitled to tax payers money do not earn my respect. There is nothing free or artistic about such people.

Back to the main topic, I don't see what difference it makes whether Mr. Harper does a cameo or not. Nicky seems so concerned about how this fellow uses his time as PM. I am sure he is aware that all political leaders have spare time and that not all of their daily activities have political purpose. What difference does it make if he uses some of that spare time to do a cameo? Is the issue for Nicky the amount of spare time these fellows have (a legitimate concern) or the cameo itself?

Edited by jefferiah

• 2 weeks later...

I like the arts. I also support cuts to government funding to the arts. I don't think that is conflicting. Art and money....two different things. Artists who think they are entitled to tax payers money do not earn my respect. There is nothing free or artistic about such people.

It is all about perspective....

I like
farming
. I also support cuts to government funding to
farms
. I don't think that is conflicting.
Farms
and money....two different things.
Farmers
who think they are entitled to tax payers money do not earn my respect. There is nothing free or
altruistic
about such people.

Or how about:

I like
corporations
corporations
Corporations
Corporatists
who think they are entitled to tax payers money do not earn my respect. There is nothing free or
democratic
about such people.

We could go on. But with the Conservatives they prefer to pay their friends and attack their perceived enemies.

Edited by charter.rights

Nope. People may not have problems with it but in the end I do. Harper going on TV isn't the problem. Harper going on tv to do absolutely nothing productive is my problem.

I'm sure nicky would never, ever do something unproductive, particularly if it was something one of his kids loved. Can't believe I am even posting on this moronic topic.

I'm sure nicky would never, ever do something unproductive, particularly if it was something one of his kids loved. Can't believe I am even posting on this moronic topic.

If I had the position Harper does, you'd better believe that I'd be spending every waking minute trying to get stuff done. You only get so many years to effect good. We can agree or disagree what good is, but I think everyone can agree that this waste of time isn't.

If I had the position Harper does, you'd better believe that I'd be spending every waking minute trying to get stuff done. You only get so many years to effect good. We can agree or disagree what good is, but I think everyone can agree that this waste of time isn't.

His free time is his free time, and most people have better things to do that to get into a frenzy because of this, don't they?

It is all about perspective....

I like
farming
farms
Farms
Farmers
altruistic
about such people.

I like freedom and safe living. I also support cuts to police. I don't think that is conflicting, since people are usually on their own when defending their life. And so they should be better armed.

I like food. So, like you, I think farmers shouldn't be relying on subsidy. They should be free to sell they products, as they please, without government interference.

I like education, but I also support cuts to school board pork barrel. People who want to be educated do great without school board (except the black one - I guess nowadays it's green:)

And I suppoort penalizing teachers who go on illegal strike. Or just replacing them.