Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! No generators in texas? Im hoping the hosting is free if theres no redundancy at the power supply level.

As BB would say...splittin' hares...again. You're some kind of hare splittin' an expert. Consider a career in divorce law.

So recap...

1. AW starts a post about the community center on a Canadian forum.

2. Then she whines that Canadians should mind their own business.

3. Then she cites the opinions of Canadians to back up her position.

:blink:

Good job! 3 strawman arguments in 1 post!

This is too awesome!

I've recently posted a thread about the show Red Eye that airs at 3am nightly on Fox News. It's a mix of comedy and politics. I highly recommend it. Example of Red Eye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce8uF5PczHk

Anyways, the host of Red Eye, Greg Gutfeld is raising money to build a gay bar right next to the proposed mosque.

MONDAY'S GREGALOGUE: MY NEW GAY BAR

So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it's all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.

As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque - after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law - who can stop them?

Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I've decided to do the same thing.

I'm announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

This is not a joke. I've already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps - but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

My place, however, will have better music.

For investment information, contact me at dailygut.com

The Daily Gut

Anyways, the host of Red Eye, Greg Gutfeld is raising money to build a gay bar right next to the proposed mosque.

I oppose a gay bar because the terrorists were probably closet homosexuals! :P

Why should those who destroyed the towers get to benefit from their destruction! Why! Why!

Don't these people have any sensitivity as to how I feel! :lol:

Now, a bi-curious lesbian bar, well, that'd be ok with me. ;)

We know lesbians have better things to do than terrorism. Like tongue and groove, or something.

Edited by msj

This is too awesome!

I've recently posted a thread about the show Red Eye that airs at 3am nightly on Fox News. It's a mix of comedy and politics. I highly recommend it. Example of Red Eye:

yeah. like most foxnews viewers are big supporters of the rights of the gays.

you're such a dork.

Well, I am done with this thread...

American Woman, I understand and respect your views and it was never my intention to get you riled up. But since other posters had already done that to you, I can understand why you would fly off at me for wanting to ask more questions.

Have a nice day.

/bounce

Isn't that the asshole who mocked Canadian soldiers?

No, he didn't mock Canadian soldiers. Although a couple of his guests were unaware of the significant Canadian presence in Afghansitan. However, there was some mocking at a suggested 1 year break for the entire Canadian military, which is of course absurd.

Here was the apology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLbvURjfYQ&feature=related

Anyways, this is kind of a deflection from the real issues of this thread, and especially of the proposed gay bar. Which is a brilliant idea, and completely illustrates how ridiculous the so-called tolerance and inclusion aspects of the mosque incident actually are.

I can understand why you would fly off at me for wanting to ask more questions.

Wow, can you post at all without including strawman arguments? Perhaps that should be your new handle! GostHacked A.K.A The Strawman.

The reponse to you from AW and others wasn't for asking more questions. It was for posting retarded suggestions that those of us against building this particular mosque are somehow against mosques in New York City. But the discussion is obviously over your head. So it's probably best for everyone that you move on, and cease posting on this topic. :)

Guest American Woman

The governor of NY is offering financial help to the developers of 51Park if they build elsewhere.

NY Governor Offers Help Moving Ground Zero Mosque

Paterson, a Democrat, said that he doesn't oppose the project as planned but indicated that he understands where opponents are coming from. He said he was willing to intervene to seek other suitable state property if the developers agreed.

Apparently mayor Bloomberg declined to comment, which I find a bit odd in light of his previous vocal support regarding this project.

The governor of NY is offering financial help to the developers of 51Park if they build elsewhere.

NY Governor Offers Help Moving Ground Zero Mosque

Paterson, a Democrat, said that he doesn't oppose the project as planned but indicated that he understands where opponents are coming from. He said he was willing to intervene to seek other suitable state property if the developers agreed.

Apparently mayor Bloomberg declined to comment, which I find a bit odd in light of his previous vocal support regarding this project.

Personally, if I were a New Yorker, I'd be more upset if the state government was spending public money to help these guys build their Islam center somewhere else than I would be if they built it at the current site on their own dime.

And David Frum wonders if the whole thing is a red herring, the result of a trio of guys who thought they were buying a bargain property to develop, then discovered they couldn't do anything profitable with the property in a dismal real-estate market.

-k

Guest American Woman

Personally, if I were a New Yorker, I'd be more upset if the state government was spending public money to help these guys build their Islam center somewhere else than I would be if they built it at the current site on their own dime.

I think it's just an odd offer all the way around. No other religious group is getting money to build/rebuild. I'm surprised Bloomberg declined to comment, as it seems like an issue the mayor would have an opinion on. It's a very controversial move to give taxpayers' money to only one religion this way. It seems to me it's going against the separation of church and state.

And David Frum wonders if the whole thing is a red herring, the result of a trio of guys who thought they were buying a bargain property to develop, then discovered they couldn't do anything profitable with the property in a dismal real-estate market.

I kind of question that. I've read that the Cordoba Initiative doesn't even own all of the property, but took a lease until 2071 on the property it doesn't own, and the owner said the lease allows them to build/tear down, do whatever they want.

So the Cordoba initiative would still be liable to this lease, even if they were to turn around and sell the property they own outright and build elsewhere.

Edited by American Woman

I kind of question that. I've read that the Cordoba Initiative doesn't even own all of the property, but took a lease until 2071 on the property it doesn't own, and the owner said the lease allows them to build/tear down, do whatever they want.

If the land owner agrees with the agreements on the lease, then yeah they can tear it down if they wanted.

So the Cordoba initiative would still be liable to this lease, even if they were to turn around and sell the property they own outright and build elsewhere.

They can't sell property they don't own. It's a lease, the owner can sell it. As long as it does not go against the terms of the lease. They can opt out early on the lease, which then they could expect some financial penalties from the owner.

Birds of a feather flock together - some are hawks and some are red breasted robins of spring...guilt by association works for me...a bird is a bird and birds think like birds..It is just a matter of degrees...and some day that sweet Robin of spring will pick your eyes out.