British Petroleum....had better cough up the cash!

Oil like a seal appendix is naturally encased - no one really knows what it's natural purpose is - perhaps it is a lubricant that adjust tectonic plates...?

What? Oil isn't deep enough to interact with tectonic plates. And even so, how would a large deposit of oil lubricate said plates?

Oil is not meant to be changed and atlered

Who says? Looking at the products we can make from it (ie the computer your using to post with), I'd say we can changeit and alter it quite well for several purposes.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all going to pay, one way or another. So much of this shit is building up in the water system, it will pollute the entire water table. Lots of people are gonna die

LOL! Oh no...we're ALL GONNA DIE! Run for the hills! But thanks for reminding me...time to refill my stash of potable water...and clean my guns. LOL!

Or British Columbians, who have been dumping raw sewage in the "water table" for decades.

Don't forget the communist Chinese! I guess Bubber gives them a pass too. Oh well. It's just like Kyoto. The worst polluters in the world don't have to comply. :rolleyes:

Tectonic plates vary in distance to the surface. Some are right at the surface (usually where there is active lava spewing out of the earth) In Canada we never see such formations because we are at the recieving end of the plate movements (the rocky mountains)

Could the vast fields of oil, coal and natural gas act as a gigantic slipping mat for tectonic movement - reducing friction - sure, its a valid theory anyhow. But as is now - they usually displace the oil with saltwater which has just about the same level of friction.

If there should happen to be more Richter 9+ activity around the earth - it would support the idea.

Good point.

The spill of the Atlantic Empress/Aegean Captain had largely dissipated within a week or so.

Everyone should understand that various oil and natural gas wells are exposed to the oceans (and land) naturally. If Mount St-Helens had been the result of a man-made cause, everyone today would still refer to it and we would have created a huge regulatory bureaucracy to avoid such catastrophes.

With that said, this doesn't mean we should allow anyone to dump whatever garbage they want wherever. A visit to any Middle Eastern beach, for example, illustrates well the disgusting result.

The "natural leak" claim by environmental destruction apologists is a load of crap. The natural leaks are orders of magnitude smaller over a larger area. It ain't the same thing.

The "natural leak" claim by environmental destruction apologists is a load of crap. The natural leaks are orders of magnitude smaller over a larger area. It ain't the same thing.

No. You're completely wrong. In most cases volcanic and underwater volcanic eruptions are many times worse than most oil spills and/or man-made pollution.

No. You're completely wrong. In most cases volcanic and underwater volcanic eruptions are many times worse than most oil spills and/or man-made pollution.

No one really even knows what oil really is. They call it a fossil fuel - that it is super decayed and transformed plant and animal material - Yet never has there ever been a biologial trace of any of these materials found in "fossil fuel" not one frinking fossil or what appears to be what was once living material.

It is bizzare that you would say that natural volcanic eruptions are many times worse than oil spills or leaks..this is NOT a spill - it is a deep puncture that is hemmoraging.. This adulteration or the environment - may eventually spread from the Floridia Keys all the way to Newfoundland..THIS is not a natural occurance or an incident that nature can easily contend with.

People who attempt to deseminate the concept that this huge poisoning of the ocean is just fine that it is akin to rain or volcanic ash are dellusional - either they are nuts and have shares in oil companies or they are simply illogical people without vision...WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE - FOOD OR MONEY?

There seem to be two camps forming on this issue - one that is artifical and one that is natural - artifical is pretty niffty and can fool people - it is a lie - artifice is at the root of all humanities problems - Lieing..leads to a dark and sinister end..following natural law always leads to a good out come - the oil companies are now going to release and propogate lies - for instance this rediculous 4 inch insertion tube has no real capacity to remove oil at any legitimate rate - but_ BP will spin the figures and media will assist in this fraud.

There seem to be two camps forming on this issue - one that is artifical and one that is natural - artifical is pretty niffty and can fool people - it is a lie - artifice is at the root of all humanities problems - Lieing..leads to a dark and sinister end..following natural law always leads to a good out come - the oil companies are now going to release and propogate lies - for instance this rediculous 4 inch insertion tube has no real capacity to remove oil at any legitimate rate - but_ BP will spin the figures and media will assist in this fraud.

The natural leaks do not leak in any way close to what a major leak will. For instance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_Oil_Point_seep_field

This field apparently leaks out about 100-150 barrels a day. The estimates of the Gulf leak are about 5,000 barrels a day, though a number of experts now suspect the leak is pouring out much more than that.

In short, the claim that natural leaks/spills out-do man-made ones is pure fiction.

The natural leaks do not leak in any way close to what a major leak will. For instance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_Oil_Point_seep_field

This field apparently leaks out about 100-150 barrels a day. The estimates of the Gulf leak are about 5,000 barrels a day, though a number of experts now suspect the leak is pouring out much more than that.

In short, the claim that natural leaks/spills out-do man-made ones is pure fiction.

The diameter of the pipe is about the same size as that of an old style garbage can - the pressure down there is about 2500 pounds per square inch - Yet the oil is blasting out with even more punch than than what is pushing back..from a laymans observation - I would say there is a about a barrel per second coming out - It is MORE than any estimate...of course their is a fluxuation on the amount due to changing pockets of pressure under ground - I would safely say from what is on the surface to what is heavier and hanging in huge clouds below the surface that is is more lie 60 thousand barrels a day coming out..a great find if you can contain it and control it - BP has lost control of a natural resourse and nature let loose is now more powerful than all of BPs money and technology.

This reminds me of the early scientists who set off the first A-bomb not knowing if they could contain it or not - but they took the chance as BP and others have...It seems that they underestimated the power of the earth and now they all look like fools. The executives also remind me of board room types that waged war in Iraq and failed..apparently the experts are not experts - just reckless gamblers - who gamble at our expense then lie to cover things up - the Weapons Of Mass Destruction that did not exist have managed to destroy a few hundred thousand Iraqis --- destroyed the infrastructure ---destroyed the culture..BECAUSE they were NOT expert - Corporates might be rich but they are not the smartest in some areas such as war - or oil...Funny - the martial class in the USA warned Bush and Cheney that their method of invasion would not work - so the corporates fired their experts - I wonder how many real experts BP has disposed of and only keeping the YES men ?

That's what America is all about...taking chances. No balls....no blue chips.

I don't gamble - I either know what I am doing or I do not..AMERICA might be about having balls - but balls need brains...look at where are balls have gotten us so far.

Question for Bush Cheney my AMERICAN counter part...IF you had a choice between a good meal of fine sea food - or an a cheaper tank of gas - what would you take - the gas or the food...and yes you will say without oil we can not grow food or transport it - but...food in the ocean grows on it's own and the ocean floats the stuff to us almost free of charge...other question _ Is it right to feed bio-fuels to machines when people are hungry?

I don't gamble - I either know what I am doing or I do not..AMERICA might be about having balls - but balls need brains...look at where are balls have gotten us so far.

What it has gotten is you watching and posting about America. America is about taking risks...not playing it safe in Canada.

Question for Bush Cheney my AMERICAN counter part...IF you had a choice between a good meal of fine sea food - or an a cheaper tank of gas - what would you take - the gas or the food...and yes you will say without oil we can not grow food or transport it - but...food in the ocean grows on it's own and the ocean floats the stuff to us almost free of charge...other question _ Is it right to feed bio-fuels to machines when people are hungry?

I don't eat sea-food, so I'll take the gas at full price. Keep the change, son.

I don't eat sea-food, so I'll take the gas at full price. Keep the change, son.

OKAY - SAY pigs flied and cows swam? If shrimp were beef...if a fish was a lamb chop - what will serve you best - a nice meal or a spin down the free way going to work to create nothing - and YOUR real job is to burn fuel...