Would Any Other President Have Ever Said This?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead wrong..NO INFRASTRUCTURE WAS DAMAGED ON THE NORTH AMERICAN MAINLAND...You simply are too immature to admit you've overstated the importance of what are minor events...Sad..

I have overstated nothing, beginning with exposing your obvious ignorance about attacks on NA to begin with.

I'm glad you asisted in propping up the likes of The Duvalliers,Trujillos,D'Aubuissons,Samoza's,Pinochet's,and,Stroessners of the world.Fascists are always easy to control.They hate Commies and they're easily bought with guns and money!I'm fairly certain that did'nt work out so well BY ANY MEASURE for those that suffered under those regimes.Some,I might add,with NAZI ties!

Godwin's Law applies...that didn't take very long.

If your referring to our complicity in dealing with South American dictators like the current thug contolling Columbia,and the free trade deal that's about to be signed,I agree...The difference is that I don't think that's anything to be proud of.

No, I was more referring to various military campaigns, mining operations, UN missions, East Timor, and general complicity with United States policies.

Lizzy might say it's her throne,but this Canuck has never pledged any allegiance to her!

I don't think she really cares about your allegiance.

Could you point out my "smug moral superiority"?The only phonies I've ever seen in something like this is Americans who never admit the very things you do.The think American Empire is about spreading freedom and democracy.It never is,it's about a type of imperial corporate expansion.I don't know what's smug about that because I'm agreeing with you?

The smugness comes when not admitting to the very same thing on a Mini Me scale while admonishing the USA. I do recall a Top 40 hit to this effect by a Canadian in the 1970's.

I have lots of American friends,none of them are really "ugly"I will say they are occassionally insular and generally poorly informed about things outside of the USA...But not willfuly ignorant,and I certainly don't dislike them.That you would willfuly act that way does'nt make you ugly...It does make you an immature a$$hole,though!This Canuck has never needed the United States to define himself!

It's not all about you so much as the context of the CanAm relationship. I know many Canadians as well, but it doesn't mean I have to ignore the obvious.

I have plenty of friends...I don't have to deal with an immature buffoon who thinks when someone is agreeing with him that the other person is somehow being smug???Seriously,I don't think all of your synapses are firing,BC.

I'm doing fine...you just don't like it. Tough noogies for you.

And finally,this thread and your behaviour(which is that of a petulant child,who's never incorrect) is a microcosm of the way you act here.You clearly have some very obvious anger towards the citizens of this country.For whatever reason,you clearly think you are superior to us.And you seem to be compelled to interject your hatred of Canadians you perceive being "smug" whenever possible to reaffirm your purported personal superiority.

Somebody has to balance the vitriol coming our way from some (not all) Canadians. Every day I just do my small part! You can't shut me up like Anne Coulter! ;)

You're not an "Ugly American"...You're just a classless,immature jerk!...

I'm tired of dealing with you at all.You add virtually nothing to the discussion here.I see absolutely no benefit in dealing with you any more...

But you just did....nice rant! LOL!

And therefore,it's my sincere hope that more people do what I'm about to do...That is..You get the ignore button!I don't like doing that because I think all points are valid,but yours are so deliberatly caustic,that I don't see how things are helped by the likes of you being around...

Bye bye...

Edited by bush_cheney2004

This discussion is a good sign. Obama's obtuse rhetorical generalities are at least being called into question instead of just being accepted as great touchy-feely demagoguery.

Agreed...POTUS speeches (from speechwriters) are carefully crafted works, but reveal much about the ultimate editor. Obama's reluctant comment may be part of his growing experience in the job after one year of deciding who lives and who dies.

The quote is obviously still a 'tell' about what Obama is thinking.

Exactly right. It's all part of a pattern. So is his constant apologizing for America. So is his constant bemoaning of America's stature in the world, how it has so much, and other countries have so little. And you're right about him wanting America to be much less of a super power.

Gladstone was notorious for his dislike of the British Empire. Does that mean Gladstone was an awful guy? Think before you respond, because he's universally considered one of the greatest and most important Prime Ministers in the history of Great Britain.

I find Gladstone completely irrelevant to this topic. As far as I know, he's never been President of the United States. So asking 'would any other President have said this' doesn't really apply.

So, Obama agrees to some extent with Republican Ron Paul.

In what way?

I don't know...Perhaps Obama is saying that although the United States is the only global superpower at the moment,it may not always be a desirable position?

Yes, I agree, that's probably his position. Unfortunately for him, the American people don't feel the same way. And not being a global superpower is not only unacceptable, it's almost an un-American thought. And if that was part of his platform, he never would have been elected.

Unfortunately for him, the American people don't feel the same way.

Actually, in the context of the full quote and not the lying misrepresenation that you shamelessly tried to pass off, I think the American people very much agree with him in terms of regret for loss of American life.

Nevertheless, it's fun to watch you try desperately to make an issue out of nothing.

...Yes, I agree, that's probably his position. Unfortunately for him, the American people don't feel the same way. And not being a global superpower is not only unacceptable, it's almost an un-American thought. And if that was part of his platform, he never would have been elected.

I'm not worried about President Obama in this respect, as it is clear that governance and staff briefings have widened his eyes to the enormity of the job and global responsibilities. His hair is turning gray like all the rest.

Guest American Woman

Actually, in the context of the full quote and not the lying misrepresenation that you shamelessly tried to pass off, I think the American people very much agree with him in terms of regret for loss of American life.

Nevertheless, it's fun to watch you try desperately to make an issue out of nothing.

Exactly. And desperately trying to make something out of nothing for the 61st time, since Shady has started 61 threads about Obama, and he hasn't even been in office for 1 1/2 years. :blink:

To say the deaths of our troops has been a high price to pay is the truth. How can anyone argue otherwise?

Exactly. And desperately trying to make something out of nothing for the 61st time, since Shady has started 61 threads about Obama, and he hasn't even been in office for 1 1/2 years. :blink:

To say the deaths of our troops has been a high price to pay is the truth. How can anyone argue otherwise?

I agree...I also took it as that perhaps the President was saying in essence "It's lonely at the top." and that the United States is a reluctant at being the worlds perceived cop?

The removal of nukes internationally will open the doors to uncontained conventional warfare - Obama must know this and he also must know the fact that weapons and war have always kept a small segment of the American elite rich --- it looks like Obama wants to maintain the status quo.

Here is what really pisses me off after giving WW 1 a study...all the grave markers in Europe are studed with the same age range of fallen soldiers - average age 21 --- now if only we could get it though to the people that war is about some rich f**ks wanting you to sacrafice YOUR child to keep them on top of the rotten social order.

I think the American people very much agree with him in terms of regret for loss of American life.

I think its shameful that you're trying to twist this into something about the troops, rather than pattern of behavior of the President. How he always seems to be ashamed of this country. This is just the lastest episode.

And lets not forget about Michelle "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country" Obama.

And of course, we can't forget about this either...PIC

I think its shameful that you're trying to twist this into something about the troops, rather than pattern of behavior of the President. How he always seems to be ashamed of this country. This is just the lastest episode.

And lets not forget about Michelle "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country" Obama.

And of course, we can't forget about this either...PIC

I will never forget Shady. LOL

now if only we could get it though to the people that war is about some rich f**ks wanting you to sacrafice YOUR child to keep them on top of the rotten social order

That's a very easy and childish conclusion. When you're an adult, you're suppose to be able to think a little more deeply and critically than that. Your child-like premise doesn't really fit war in general. Perhaps one or two instances. But definitely not they way you're claiming it to be.

How he always seems to be ashamed of this country.

I'm starting to think that you don't really live in London. I'm also starting to think that you get real joy out of misinterpreting everything that Obama says. Let the ODS roll.

The removal of nukes internationally will open the doors to uncontained conventional warfare - Obama must know this and he also must know the fact that weapons and war have always kept a small segment of the American elite rich --- it looks like Obama wants to maintain the status quo.

You are right Oleg, but for the wrong reason. The USA enjoys a far greater advantage in conventional warfare compared to strategic or tactical nukes. The Americans have wired the whole goddamn planet from outer space to the Marianas Trench. We call it "Global Spectrum Dominance".

That's a very easy and childish conclusion. When you're an adult, you're suppose to be able to think a little more deeply and critically than that. Your child-like premise doesn't really fit war in general. Perhaps one or two instances. But definitely not they way you're claiming it to be.

Mr. King of peace - I believe his name was Jesus - said if you want wisdom and clear honest thought "you must be like one of these" - as he pointed to the children - kid and myself who is still child like see things for what they are - we institutionalize and condition our populace so by the time they are thirty - they HAVE NO GRIP ON REALITY OR TRUTH WHAT SO EVER.

I'm starting to think that you don't really live in London. I'm also starting to think that you get real joy out of misinterpreting everything that Obama says. Let the ODS roll.

He's a Glen Beck loving nutjob Yank wannabe.His virulent form of conservativism only has a place in the American extreme right so he idolizes them.He knows up here his wacko ethos is in the minority box in Ottawa...

The quote is obviously still a 'tell' about what Obama is thinking. When Bush mentioned the 'Axis of Evil' it drew criticism from the left, it was a tell about Bush's mindset, and this is too. It's quite obvious since he nixed the next generation fighter jet, but Obama wants to be much less of a super power. Whether that's a bad or good thing, the quote reaffirms this.

Obama also expresses little concern for the citizens who would be displaced/wounded/killed in these conflicts and focuses in on American deaths and money. That sounds rather shallow to me for a man who's trying to change the way the world sees the US.

I'm wondering if anybody would offer up an alternative view to my earlier comments. All I got before was that it's my opinion only, and on my observation of Obama nixing the next generation fighter jets and wanting to reduce America's super power status was an odd comment about muskets.

Where am I wrong?

He's a Glen Beck loving nutjob Yank wannabe.His virulent form of conservativism only has a place in the American extreme right so he idolizes them.He knows up here his wacko ethos is in the minority box in Ottawa...

LOL. Nope. I don't love Glenn Beck. I'm not a Yank wannabe. My conservatism is far from virulent. Just a regular Canadian taxpayer who believes in limited government, lower taxes, and above all else, liberty. But lets not make this about me. This is about the America hating man in the White House.

Btw, does anybody have an idea why Obama sent the bust of Winston Churchill back to England a few days after he was sworn in as President?

Here is what really pisses me off after giving WW 1 a study...all the grave markers in Europe are studed with the same age range of fallen soldiers - average age 21 --- now if only we could get it though to the people that war is about some rich f**ks wanting you to sacrafice YOUR child to keep them on top of the rotten social order.

The nukes ain't going anywhere. The main nuclear players; Russia, China and the US, don't need much of an arsenal to pretty much wreck each other. These treaties are always part-ways BS.