Would Any Other President Have Ever Said This?

A deal with the devil? Are you seriously so deluded that you think Western Europe would have been better with puppet Communist governments, like the Warsaw Pact was?

You actually think the US was the devil after WWII?

Um...No...I meant that we made a deal with the devil(Stalin) to defeat the NAZI's...Sorry for the confusion... :o:lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
sharkman, on 15 April 2010 - 11:54 AM, said: The quote is obviously still a 'tell' about what Obama is thinking. When Bush mentioned the 'Axis of Evil' it drew criticism from the left, it was a tell about Bush's mindset, and this is too. It's quite obvious since he nixed the next generation fighter jet, but Obama wants to be much less of a super power. Whether that's a bad or good thing, the quote reaffirms this.

I'm wondering if anybody would offer up an alternative view to my earlier comments. All I got before was that it's my opinion only, and on my observation of Obama nixing the next generation fighter jets and wanting to reduce America's super power status was an odd comment about muskets.

Where am I wrong?

This summit, called by Obama, is the largest gathering of world leaders since FDR. I repeat. Obama called the meeting. He was the leader at the summit. Of the largest gathering of world leaders in over 65 years. He's saying that as a world power, the U.S. will get involved in conflicts. And yet you see him as wanting to be much less of a super power?

The fact that he's taking the leadership role in an attempt to control nuclear weapons would in itself be proof that he is not wanting to reduce the U.S.'s power/position in the world.

He also says in the statement that Shady selective quoted from: "So I’m going to keep on at it."

Nothing in what he has done/said indicates that he's looking for a lesser role for the U.S.

Guest American Woman
I don't know...Perhaps Obama is saying that although the United States is the only global superpower at the moment,it may not always be a desirable position?

It can't be desirable to send people to war or to assume the cost of major fighting in conflicts, so in that regard I think you're right. And it makes perfect sense. Just because someone sees something as a necessity, doesn't mean they find everything about it desirable.

He was also speaking of the frustration, though, as it's not easy to get things accomplished among world leaders. He speaks of how he's going to "keep on at it," though "there will be frustrations."

This summit, called by Obama, is the largest gathering of world leaders since FDR. I repeat. Obama called the meeting. He was the leader at the summit. Of the largest gathering of world leaders in over 65 years. He's saying that as a world power, the U.S. will get involved in conflicts. And yet you see him as wanting to be much less of a super power?

The fact that he's taking the leadership role in an attempt to control nuclear weapons would in itself be proof that he is not wanting to reduce the U.S.'s power/position in the world.

He also says in the statement that Shady selective quoted from: "So I’m going to keep on at it."

Nothing in what he has done/said indicates that he's looking for a lesser role for the U.S.

In my view, Obama wants a bigger role for himself, a rebalancing towards an equality of nations. He is Mr. Equality and he will make it so. He uses the power of the US for himself and and his vision is one of Obama at the helm directing how the dream can be achieved. Like MLK he has a dream. A dream of equality.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, unemployment remains steady around 10%, GM needs another $12 billion of taxpayers dollars to keep afloat. Several of the States are on the verge of bankruptcy. The banking industry is being nationalized along with the health care industry. The Government sector is the only industry showing job creation and there seems no stewardship from the administration other than increased government intervention in everything. Although he claims he has cut taxes 25 times in the last year taxes will do nothing but rise because all the government growth cannot possibly be funded with lower taxes.

His community organizing is showing through. He is going to organize the community of nations and realize the dream of equality. Of course, he is the engineer of the dream and, like myself, wants to be the one that ensures the classless society of equality remains classless. I have no doubt he will "keep on at it".

Edited by Pliny

The summit was worse than a joke - after all, what serious leader in serious times would hold a summit on nuclear arms reduction, and not even have Iran on the agenda?

:lol::lol:

More poseur politics from a poseur President. Guy may be smooth, but I just don't take him seriously anymore.

But hey, Canada is giving up some enriched Uranium - so you can breath a big sigh of relief.

:rolleyes:

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

The summit was worse than a joke - after all, what serious leader in serious times would hold a summit on nuclear arms reduction, and not even have Iran on the agenda?

:lol::lol:

More poseur politics from a poseur President. Guy may be smooth, but I just don't take him seriously anymore.

But hey, Canada is giving up some enriched Uranium - so you can breath a big sigh of relief.

:rolleyes:

Reagan should never have started all this to begin with... ;)

Guest American Woman

Obama did use the summit to discuss sanctions against Iran.

So Obama is saying, "Like it or not, I am going to continue with the US wars of aggression wherever we see fit." while many of the other leaders are sitting on their hands. Apparently some of them must have a different view of how international politics should be run, and he's trying to convince them to keep to the same old military/ aggressive model.

So Obama is saying, "Like it or not, I am going to continue with the US wars of aggression wherever we see fit."

You mean, "...wherever I see fit."

while many of the other leaders are sitting on their hands. Apparently some of them must have a different view of how international politics should be run, and he's trying to convince them to keep to the same old military/ aggressive model.

He is trying to bridge the gap between those with differing views so that they will see it his way. If they don't - well, there is still the same old, same old.

He is such a healer and peacemaker. Why America has never been so united. :P

Guest American Woman

So Obama is saying, "Like it or not, I am going to continue with the US wars of aggression wherever we see fit." while many of the other leaders are sitting on their hands.

That's one interpretation. Yours, obviously. On the other hand, being involved doesn't have to translate to aggression. He was speaking of sanctions for Iran, for example, not war, and it seems as if some are critical of him for having a 'soft' stand on Iran.

It's always interesting to me how the U.S. is accused of being 'soft' and 'aggressive' at the same time. There's no pleasing all of the people all of the time, for sure.

Apparently some of them must have a different view of how international politics should be run, and he's trying to convince them to keep to the same old military/ aggressive model.

Or else he's explaining that our role/standing in the world puts us in a different position than some other nations.