It's Her Party: The Brilliance of Sarah Palin

It's not a matter of sneaky over stupid. It's a matter of competence versus incompetence...Only completely stupid people think Sarah Palin is stupid.

The problem with Palin isn't that she is stupid per say. The problem is that she is very uninformed and uneducated in matters of politics and history and how the world works. She proved that over and over during the 2008 campaign. That's what would make her an incompetent President...or VP. She needs to stop writing books and start reading some.

But even being educated doesn't guarantee anything. Condoleezza Rice was very educated yet still was a bonehead.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

The problem with Palin isn't that she is stupid per say. The problem is that she is very uninformed and uneducated in matters of politics and history and how the world works. She proved that over and over during the 2008 campaign. That's what would make her an incompetent President...or VP.

That's what makes her stupid, too. Anyone who doesn't realize that they aren't competent to be the POTUS is stupid.

Shady, that Time article oozes condescending sarcasm. What no one notes is that Time magazine will soon disappear like Life magazine did. Or perhaps Time will become an online magazine like the San Francisco Chronicle.

They just desperately want her to be the GOP nominee against Obama in 2012. That would assure him victory.
That "reverse psychology" may work in Canada (and even here, I wonder) but it no longer works in the US.

I'm no fan of Palin but it seems to me that the modern Savonarolas of Political Correctness (ie. Time magazine journalists) can no longer bully the parishioners into official dogma.

The Time editorial has a rather pathetic end:

In the end, though, Palin is offering the opposite of hope and change: despair and stasis. The despair is histrionic and purposefully distorted; the stasis proved disastrous during the Bush Administration.

The natives are restless, and such an admonition no longer works. It's only evidence of the Sorcerer's desperation.

Yep. That's what Democrats thought about Reagan before 1980. :lol:
Years ago, in a different life, very young, I wandered through a "jingoistic" display of the bicentennial at a US Embassy in Africa. I recall that I wrote in the visitor book at the end, ever so proud of myself, "Did Ronald Reagan have a hand in this?"

Little did I imagine that he would become president four years later.

Edited by August1991

Oh she could hack it. She had a high approval rating and did a great job for the 2 years as Alaska's governor. Unfortunately, after the Presidential elections, the leftwingers couldn't leave her alone and let her do her job, fling hundreds of frivolous lawsuits.

Read your post slowly from beginning to end. You start by claiming she could hack it, but then describe why she couldn't hack it. You should at least try to wait till the next post before contradicting yourself.

Edited by BubberMiley

Guest American Woman

Tell that one to John McCain. Sarah Plain is essentially his creation.

I disagree. Right up until the end, McCain thought he would be running with Lieberman. The party decided he needed someone more conservative, though, and McCain's chief campaign strategist had a major role in choosing Sarah Palin.

McCain went along with it, though, and I'm not saying I don't think he was stupid for that. It wasn't a decision met with enthusiasm by all Republicans, by any means. The whole idea of someone so unprepared for the position being on the ticket is mind boggling.

McCain went along with it, though, and I'm not saying I don't think he was stupid for that. It wasn't a decision met with enthusiasm by all Republicans, by any means. The whole idea of someone so unprepared for the position being on the ticket is mind boggling.
It is the "mind-boggling" that you don't seem to understand, AW.

Change happens. Live with it.

He got out of the situation without nuclear bombs going off didn't he? Someone else may have listened to the Joint Chiefs, and boom.

No he didn't....many more "nuclear bombs" would go off as would proxy wars. JFK went to DEFCON 2 and Canada's DND followed, ignoring your Prime Minister. Acts of war included a naval blockade, quarantine, and vessel seizures....and prior to that there was that Bay of Pigs thing...so smart compared to what a President Palin "might" do...which started the whole thing!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I disagree. Right up until the end, McCain thought he would be running with Lieberman. The party decided he needed someone more conservative, though, and McCain's chief campaign strategist had a major role in choosing Sarah Palin.

Well thanks for explaining that detail. That does not mean I am wrong though, because had McCain not accepted her as his running mate the world would never know about Sarah Pain

Operation Northwoods, or Northwoods, was a false-flag plan that originated within the United States government in 1962. The plan called for Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) or other operatives to commit genuine acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro. One part of the Operation Northwoods plan was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."

Operation Northwoods is especially notable in that it included proposals for hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate a foreign government.

The plan stated:

"The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."

Kennedy turned this idea down, what would Bush of done? 9/11 anyone?

Both parties are corrupt, a real third party is emerging and I'm sure it will give the Republocrats a run for their money.

She's not fit to be Ron Paul's assistant. I think Libertarians are living in a fantasy world, but if we are all going to live there, Ron Paul should lead it.

Ron Paul seemed like the only competent nominee out of both parties.

He would address issues like why Terrorist want to be terrorists in the first place, not just say terrorists are a threat and must be stopped.

And if I'm living in a dream world, don't wake me up.

Ron Paul seemed like the only competent nominee out of both parties.

He would address issues like why Terrorist want to be terrorists in the first place, not just say terrorists are a threat and must be stopped.

Ron Paul is unelectable in a national campaign....he didn't even get as far as Ross Perot. Keep dreaming.....in Canada.

Tell that one to John McCain. Sarah Plain is essentially his creation.

This is not just a case of sneaky verses stupid. It is a case of sneaky stupid creating naive stupid..still all in all it is just plain stupid. Who ever said America was about intelligence anyway? McCain got lots of cookies and tea from his captors during the Viet Nam era and some how after getting the cookies the shoot down rates of American planes suddenly increased. America like all empires is based on aggression - dupage and insuring that the population is stupified to the point that all others on the planet do not exist or are de-humanized. It's hard to maintain this sort of empire with truely educated people - Palin will fit in perfectly.

That's what makes her stupid, too. Anyone who doesn't realize that they aren't competent to be the POTUS is stupid.

Well said. But somebody still has to tell that to the current President. He's been a complete and utter disaster. In fact, the irony of the whole situation is that Sarah Palin would be much, much, better! :lol:

...but it was possible to kick your 'empire' to the curb. Must be all that edumacation! :lol:

I never had an empire. Those that seek imperialism as a way of self fulfilment are losers - all empires rise and fall - all end badly... now I will quote one of my old tunes..

Diamonds, diamonds and gold

Are bought and sold

Empires rise and fall

These lose it all

Not even the stars

Can compare to what's ours

When we dance

In such deep romance

We've taken it all.

I never had an empire. Those that seek imperialism as a way of self fulfilment are losers - all empires rise and fall - all end badly... now I will quote one of my old tunes..

'Tis better to have had an empire and lost, than never to have had one at all (with apologies to Sir William).

America shall enjoy hers while she can....yours is long gone.

'Tis better to have had an empire and lost, than never to have had one at all (with apologies to Sir William).

America shall enjoy hers while she can....yours is long gone.

Stop quoting others and think for yourself. As it was in Paridise Lost - and not having read the book by Milton - The Satan figure conquers the world and stands on top of an ash heap screaming that he has attained empire - to create empire you must destroy civil society and civilization itself - It is not the optimum use of human brain power..there are better ways - but they are not for the faint of heart or the cowardly..It takes a true hero to step out of the coral and stand alone and say that the pile is not rose petals but a heap of shit when it is..."You can have it all, my empire of dirt".

...yet your originality is anything but.

All we want is the dirt.

That is the definition of Creep. The lowly snake that suffers the dust in his face because he can not rise up and be an angel - because he wanted more and more of what he did not need. Still you make me laugh with your joke about real estate.