Prepare for an Influx of Tr00thers...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/slideshow?id=9763032

Looking at these images never gets any easier. The photos that follow depict the horrible images of the September 11, 2001 attacks and the aftermath of the recovery efforts where some 2800 innocent people died, including those aboard hijacked flights American 11 and United 175. ABC News recently obtained these images after filing a Freedom of Information Act request in 2009 with the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which had collected as part of an investigation into the collapse of the World Trade Center. (Det. Greg Semendinger/NYC Police Aviation Unit)

Are You Ready?

Edited by M.Dancer

One question for the people that believe that the towers were blown up, how do you wire a building with tons of explosives and miles and miles of wire with out anyone knowing. I have asked this question many times and not one person could answer it.

We used to have a rather eager fellow around here who believed all that stuff. He was fun as long as he kept to his own thread...lol. When 9-11 entered into every thread on every element of human/animal life on this planet...it got quickly annoying.

One question for the people that believe that the towers were blown up, how do you wire a building with tons of explosives and miles and miles of wire with out anyone knowing. I have asked this question many times and not one person could answer it.

You're clearly in on it.

Seriously, please please please do not stir this pot. We've had months of quiet on this nonsensical and aggravating topic.

We used to have a rather eager fellow around here who believed all that stuff. He was fun as long as he kept to his own thread...lol. When 9-11 entered into every thread on every element of human/animal life on this planet...it got quickly annoying.

His name was'nt shiva was it?

You're clearly in on it.

Seriously, please please please do not stir this pot. We've had months of quiet on this nonsensical and aggravating topic.

cone on or Mr. Hardner, you clearly relish the idea of explaining carefully why they are chasing phantoms down the wrong rabbit hole.

Myself, every time a tr00ther posts, I risk Chuck Tony banning me...

cone on or Mr. Hardner, you clearly relish the idea of explaining carefully why they are chasing phantoms down the wrong rabbit hole.

I confess to being drawn into those conversations for long stretches but I pine for new controversies, and especially to learn about complex issues from the perspective of intelligent folk who have different political leanings, but similar values.

Asking conspiracy theorists questions like that doesn't do much good. I worked for a guy who was a JFK conspiracy theorist (a helluva nice guy, actually), and four things became very clear (I like to call them ToadBrother's Laws of Conspiracy Theories).

1. There can be no evidence against a conspiracy theory.

2. Any evidence that appears to be against a conspiracy theory, is, in fact, evidence for the conspiracy theory.

3. No matter how convoluted a conspiracy theory gets, it is still true. In fact, the more complicated and bizarre the theory, the more likely it is to be true.

4. No matter how simple, straightforward and reasonable the "official" explanation is, it is wrong and the fact that it is an official explanation is evidence for the conspiracy theory.

Edited by ToadBrother

What were the casues of 9/11?

Five years on, everyone has a theory about the real causes of 9/11. They range from the nutty (it was the US government) to the plausible but flawed (a response to foreign occupation) to the credible (collateral damage from a clash within Islam)...

...To conclude, 9/11 was collateral damage in a civil war within the world of political Islam...

Given how badly the reaction to 9/11 has been cocked up I think it's safe to conclude the idea the US government actually pulled it off is a joke.

Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak was prescient when he warned in 2003 that the Iraq war would spawn “100 new Bin Ladens.” It is that new generation of militants that is Bin Laden’s legacy.

Linking 9/11 to Iraq should probably go down as the biggest criminal conspiracy ever perpetrated on a people.