Future of Canada

Topaz

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this article, I would like all your opinion on it and ask one question, is this Harper HIDDEN agenda? http://www.infowars.com/prime-minister-harper-officially-endorses-north-american-union/

I don't know about Harper but there are more than a few conservatives that want just that, and I've that heard it discussed more than few times out here(alberta) and not all that long ago there was a political party in Sask that wanted exactly that...I can't understand where that desire comes from I can't picture myself ever being anything but Canadian, some things are just more important than any amount of money

I suspect some of the claims in this article are exaggerated such as the claim that Canada would become part of a fascist superstate. Other proposals are simply mirroring what other nations have already done. Travel to Western Europe and you will find that borders have all but disappeared between member of the EU. The CFR has been around since 1921 and from all appearances is a moderately left-wing organization promoting American interests and providing advice to the US government on international issues. More can be read about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_on_Foreign_Relations

The CFR hardly appears to be the evil imperialist bogeyman the writer of the article paints it to be.

After the collapse of both countries social safety nets around 2040 I think it will be easier for the military run countries to amalgamate in common survival interests.

http://www.cabe.ca/jmv1/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=610&Itemid=38

http://www.pr9.net/society/economics/9338june.html

Edited by William Ashley

OK, people, seriously though, do you think that Canada and the US amd perhaps Mexico will join together as one, with no oppsoition from it people? There is a very strong chance of this and it will be out of the hands of the citizens of those countries. Just have an open mind to see what he present government is doing to "harmonize" situations. ie, the environment, the military.

Seems to be a lot more tin foil around here lately.

Maybe we are not just on something, maybe we are onto something.

Keep an open mind.

Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America

Too bad CNN fired Lou Dobbs.

The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) was a region-level dialogue with the stated purpose of providing greater cooperation on security and economic issues.[1] The Partnership was founded in Waco, Texas on March 23, 2005 by Paul Martin, Prime Minister of Canada, Vicente Fox, President of Mexico, and George W. Bush, President of the United States.

The initial SPP Working Groups were the Manufacture Goods and Sectoral and Regional Competitiveness Working Group, E-Commerce & ICT Working Group, Energy Working Group, Transportation Working Group, Food & Agriculture Working Group, Environment Working Group, Financial Services Working Group, Business Facilitation Working Group, Movement of Goods Working Group, Health, and Immigration.[2]

These working groups were tasked with implementing the SPP as initiated by the North American Heads of Government on March 23, 2005. They were to consult with stakeholders; set specific, measurable, and achievable goals and implementation dates; and issue semi-annual progress reports. A 24-month agenda was established to serve as a timeline milestone to have the initial framework fully developed.

[edit]Goals

The stated goals of the SPP were cooperation and information sharing, improving productivity, reducing the costs of trade, enhancing the joint stewardship of the environment, facilitating agricultural trade while creating a safer and more reliable food supply, and protecting people from disease.

It was intended to assist, rather than replace, existing bilateral and trilateral institutions like the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and to work towards the three North American countries working cooperatively in the face of common risks and economic competition from low cost comulti-modal transportation system along the International Mid-Continent Trade Corridor to improving both the trade competitiveness and quality of life in North America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_and_Prosperity_Partnership_of_North_America

We, the leaders of North America, have come together in Guadalajara to promote the global competitiveness of our region, foster the well-being of our citizens, and make our countries more secure. We build our collaboration on the understanding that our deepening ties are a source of strength and that challenges and opportunities in one North American country can and do affect us all. North American cooperation is rooted in shared values, complementary strengths, and the dynamism of our peoples. We are confident that working together we can help our societies thrive in the challenging, competitive, and promising century ahead.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Joint-statement-by-North-American-leaders/

The SPP was launched by the leaders of Canada, the United States (U.S.) and Mexico in March 2005. It builds on other existing positive and productive bilateral and trilateral relationships established with Canada's North American partners, through such mechanisms as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); the Canada-U.S. Smart Border Declaration; and the Canada-Mexico Partnership. The SPP provides a flexible means for a dialogue, priority setting, collaboration and action on issues affecting the security, prosperity and quality of life of Canadians, Americans and Mexicans. It addresses diverse issues, such as border facilitation, the environment, food and product safety, and includes measures to improve overall North American competitiveness.

http://www.spp-psp.gc.ca/eic/site/spp-psp.nsf/eng/h_00003.html

This is not a democracy, don't be fooled, it is fascism.

We are already headed towards a North American Union.

They just need to sell it to the people, they need right crisis and make it seem like it's good idea.

The American economy and dollar are about to take a nose dive, maybe that will be it.

This is not a democracy, don't be fooled, it is fascism.

We are already headed towards a North American Union.

They just need to sell it to the people, they need right crisis and make it seem like it's good idea.

The American economy and dollar are about to take a nose dive, maybe that will be it.

If you don't like it, then start a petition. It's about making money and preventing big security shocks, at the cost of some of your freedoms.

The effects of these initiatives will barely be noticeable to the average person.

The tin foil hat types don't seem to notice that general welfare and prosperity for their countries continues, albeit less so for those at the bottom. If you're not happy with that, then stop focussing on the UFO conspiracies, and start agitating for better managed, and effective social programs that people can get behind.

If you don't like it, then start a petition. It's about making money and preventing big security shocks, at the cost of some of your freedoms.

Everything is for our security, it's lies.

Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security. -Benjamin Franklin

Do you even know how money is created?

And if the government was really trying to protect us from big security shocks, they wouldn't be fighting a war that puts us at risk of a retaliatory terrorist attack.

The tin foil hat types don't seem to notice that general welfare and prosperity for their countries continues, albeit less so for those at the bottom. If you're not happy with that, then stop focussing on the UFO conspiracies, and start agitating for better managed, and effective social programs that people can get behind.

Why do you constantly say thing are getting better, is it because the TV says so?

The Haiti tragedy killed 100-200 thousand, since jan 12,

In the same time frame 325,000 children died from poverty at a rate of 25,000 a day.

We never try and solve any real problems, we keep doing these stupid quick fixes that don't actually solve problems or they make the problem worse in the long run.

A social program won't solve anything when it is the system that is the problem.

You have too much faith in a system that was created through deceptions and lies.

If you don't think people are gullible to lies look at the monarchy system, it is one person or a group or people lying to the majority of the people to seek control. A king or queen isn't royal, there is nothing special about them, they are a person like me or you. All they did was lie and deceive to gain power, I guess now they are just born into power their ancestors obtained.

Need another lie more recently, America, weapons of mass destructions in Iraq, lie, majority believed it. The really messed up part is Bush and whoever created the lie isn't in prison and the war is still going on today.

Want a lie that is going on right now, we are in a economic recovery.

Think these are the only lies?

H1N1 pandemic was I lie, wait I know what you are going to say, it was for our security.

Governments lie all the time, why do you trust them.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men. -Lord Acton

This is a song someone made.

The 2 last verses

Democracy is only a theory as good as any other

But try to put it into practice and I think that you'll discover

It can't exist in a police state

where all the power is consolidate

in the hands of a few men and tokens who don't give a shit for you

Now tell you I think it would be better if was just us

and you say if there are no leaders there'd be no peace and no justice

and i'll say it again like I said it before

Anarchist freedom and governments war

and you say you want democracy shit, what do you want it for?

I am asking you that question, democracy(in its current form), what do you want it for?

Hello Michael. One thing I am glad about is that our banking system is rock solid because of severe conservatism. Saying that..the only fault that our system has is that they are so good at controlling the money that no one gets to use it other than the bankers...and they are not an imaginative lot.