Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

I was away in the bushes over the weekend so I am just gathering news - I mean Obama wins a Nobel prize is shocking and surprising of all the news.

Please what did he do to be awarded, I didn't get it - must be that what is creative has changed

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was away in the bushes over the weekend so I am just gathering news - I mean Obama wins a Nobel prize is shocking and surprising of all the news.

Please what did he do to be awarded, I didn't get it - must be that what is creative has changed

He has accomplished not one thing that he campaigned on as of yet. To be fair he's only been in office for nine months but the fact still remains. Must have been a thin pool to draw from for these Norwegians.

I want one too!

well do just nothing and you just might be rewarded.

what a farce! I am so disappointed.

If I am doing my thesis now based on some likely possibility that my models make a difference in the future can I have one of those for economics. I feel like people who really work hard have nothing to strive for

Edited by RB

He has accomplished not one thing that he campaigned on as of yet. To be fair he's only been in office for nine months but the fact still remains. Must have been a thin pool to draw from for these Norwegians.

Good thing its Swedes handing out the Nobel Prize.

In defence of Obama, you could say his campaign across Europe and the Middle East would have helped him out. But surely there must have been someone else.

although it is my deepest hope that obama will earn this honor. to have bestowed in advance and without merit ruins the reputation of the award lessening the accomplishments of those who have earned it.

At least he didn't get it for economics :rolleyes:

No, but he did get it and probably deserves it more than others who have received it. Let's face it, attaining peace in the world is isimpossible, but anyone who puts a foot forward and tries, certainly deserves something for their efforts.

Brilliant is giving the nobel peace prize to a man who has just recently threatened Iran with war, who already stepped up the troop levels (and consequently violence) in Afghanistan and is now considering how best to escalate the war even further in Afghanistan. And said he's not interested in ending the "war" on drugs either. Even more brilliant is getting all sorts of people emotionally hyped up over his image, believing he is unilaterally going to make an about-face in US foreign policy.

Deluded people, we should have seen this coming

Obama's foreign policy role models?

March 29th 2008

GREENSBURG, Pa. - Sen. Barack Obama said Friday he would return the country to the more "traditional" foreign policy efforts of past presidents, such as George H.W. Bush, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan.

Ronald Reagan no less...

Isn't he hailed as the grandfather of the US Neocon movement? Oh yeah

:o

No, but he did get it and probably deserves it more than others who have received it. Let's face it, attaining peace in the world is isimpossible, but anyone who puts a foot forward and tries, certainly deserves something for their efforts.

And what did he do for peace in this first 15 days in office?

Actually it shouldn't have been too surprising considering the adoration he's given from the left. Knowing that this committee pretty much lists to port side, it shouldn't be surprising that they are using this prize as a means of furthering their own agenda, via Obama.

Yeah, I guess you were one of those who got the "feel good" vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFwBWgr2M1c

Perhaps reality is intruding on your lofty expectations. What did you think was going to happen when Obama became POTUS? Many Americans did not vote for him, but he is still their president.

Brilliant is giving the nobel peace prize to a man who has just recently threatened Iran with war, who already stepped up the troop levels (and consequently violence) in Afghanistan and is now considering how best to escalate the war even further in Afghanistan. And said he's not interested in ending the "war" on drugs either. Even more brilliant is getting all sorts of people emotionally hyped up over his image, believing he is unilaterally going to make an about-face in US foreign policy.

pretty much agree 100%

Perhaps reality is intruding on your lofty expectations. What did you think was going to happen when Obama became POTUS? Many Americans did not vote for him, but he is still their president.

When Obi-Wan became POTUS, I watched the show and was somewhat amused, and a little amazed by peoples hyperactive response. On the one side, an almost rabid love for the guy. On the other, an equal an opposite reaction., rabid hate. I put the one response to the fact that people want to hope, they want to believe in a messiah who will save the world. The others had their world come apart. Some were depressed, shell shocked, devastated.

I have seen this sort of thing a few times before, like when we hire a new CEO and we hear all the accolades and the applause and the hopes. Next day its just business as usual. So I know

But to those poor souls who flew so high up towards Obama heaven, their lofty expectations melted wings now tumbling down and crashing to earth. Welcome to sunshine of your disillusionment, which is called, reality.

Edited by Sir Bandelot

....But to those poor souls who flew so high up towards Obama heaven, their lofty expectations melted wings now tumbling down and crashing to earth. Welcome to sunshine of your disillusionment, which is called, reality.

One can further separate those rubes from the calculating party faithful who knew the difference between winning an election and leading the United States when faced with the burden(s) of office and governance. The "disillusioned" never made the transition....they are still in Black Jesus campaign mode.

he is black... or rather "mulatto" which makes him admirable.... even ESTIMABLE in the eyes of internationalists and (so-called) "egalitarians"

race is a central factor of Obama's reign... without his complexion he is just another crooked lawyer.... with it... he is a messiah... a demi-god.

remember the central PC party line is: Black is Good.... white is bad...

simple...

he is black... or rather "mulatto" which makes him admirable.... even ESTIMABLE in the eyes of internationalists and (so-called) "egalitarians"

race is a central factor of Obama's reign... without his complexion he is just another crooked lawyer.... with it... he is a messiah... a demi-god.

remember the central PC party line is: Black is Good.... white is bad...

simple...

And being a "mulatto" in your opinion is wrong? Maybe you think that the Irish and the Germans should have never intermarried. Or the Poles and English or any other combination of cultures that intermarry.

Or is your only gripe that it is black and white that should not marry and if it is, then you must be considered a racist, unless you have another explanation.

NYT did a breakdown of the ancestry of Michelle Onama. Her great, great, great grandmother gave birth to a "mulatto". Seeing that her great, great, great grandmother was a black slave, how did she give birth to a "mulatto."

I would suggest it was rape by either the white slave overseer or the white slave owner.

But then I am sure you condone rape under any circumstances.

And being a "mulatto" in your opinion is wrong? Maybe you think that the Irish and the Germans should have never intermarried. Or the Poles and English or any other combination of cultures that intermarry.

Or is your only gripe that it is black and white that should not marry and if it is, then you must be considered a racist, unless you have another explanation.

NYT did a breakdown of the ancestry of Michelle Onama. Her great, great, great grandmother gave birth to a "mulatto". Seeing that her great, great, great grandmother was a black slave, how did she give birth to a "mulatto."

I would suggest it was rape by either the white slave overseer or the white slave owner.

But then I am sure you condone rape under any circumstances.

Wow, the strawman detector is off the charts right now. I don't think I've seen so many in one post before. It's a new forum record! :lol:

my direct quote read the followong:

"he is black... or rather "mulatto" which makes him admirable.... even ESTIMABLE in the eyes of internationalists"

try not to do too much "coq à l'âne" to make a point...

And apparently your quote means you also condone rape! Who knew? :lol: