Suaad Hagi Mohamud

noahbody

She diddn't have any sugery on her face your have no point.

It was just her lips that they used to say she wasn't the person in her passport her lips. She only got detained because she wouldn't pay a bribe.

Lucky you, no one tried to get a bribe.

She didn't get plastic or re-constructive surgery. It is not the undeniable truth that her passport photo did not resemble her face.

your grasping at straws

so if the government went around killing or de-porting people because they thought ot acted differentlly we shouldn't stop them because if we did it would help your imaginary terrorists?

I will no longer rebut your pointless gibberish because my points have been established in my earlier posts and you fail to see my points and make remarks that do not relate to the discussion.

I can only hope that you re-read what you wrote:

so if the government went around killing or de-porting people because they thought ot acted differentlly we shouldn't stop them because if we did it would help your imaginary terrorists?

because terrorists don't exist at all...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TrueMetis

Here what the CBC has to say about it

CBC

May 21: Mohamud tries to leave Kenya for Canada after travelling there on a two-week visit to see her ailing mother. But Kenyan immigration officials in Nairobi stop her from boarding her flight, claiming her facial features did not match her four-year-old Canadian passport photo.

A document from Kenyan authorities specifies that officials believe her lips look different than those of the person in the passport photo.

Mohamud later alleges she was being pushed to offer bribe money to be allowed to get on the plane to return home and she refused to pay. She is detained in Kenya.

May 22: The High Commission of Canada in Nairobi confiscates and voids her passport, despite Mohamud producing her Canadian driver's licence, fingerprints and other documents.
After the Kenyan government agrees to delay Mohamud's trial, Foreign Minister Lawrence Cannon tells reporters in Ottawa "there is no tangible proof" Mohamud is Canadian. "All Canadians who hold passports generally have a picture that is identical in their passport to what they claim to be," he says.
Edited by TrueMetis

Guest TrueMetis
I will no longer rebut your pointless gibberish because my points have been established in my earlier posts and you fail to see my points and make remarks that do not relate to the discussion.

you haven't made a single point at all.

CBC

Mohamud later alleges she was being pushed to offer bribe money to be allowed to get on the plane to return home and she refused to pay. She is detained in Kenya.

Later alleges: to me, it sounds like a visible minority trying to play the liberal lottery.

Unless her allegations are proven to be true, then her allegation will mean nothing-maybe except perjury.

May 22: The High Commission of Canada in Nairobi confiscates and voids her passport, despite Mohamud producing her Canadian driver's licence, fingerprints and other documents.

since when is a driver's license a form of international identification? And since when did fingerprints become ANY form of identification? What exactly is "other documents"? I bet CBC does not know either because it's probably some lie conjured up by either Ms. Mohamud or her lawyer.

After the Kenyan government agrees to delay Mohamud's trial, Foreign Minister Lawrence Cannon tells reporters in Ottawa "there is no tangible proof" Mohamud is Canadian. "All Canadians who hold passports generally have a picture that is identical in their passport to what they claim to be," he says.

Exactly. The picture is supposed to identify its holder. As far as I am aware, Ms. Mohamud did not produce any tangible proof to establish herself as the true holder of the passport via the means of legit international identification.

Please TrueMetis. Stop lying to yourself. I understand you hate the Canadian government, but just because you're a native ergo exempt from taxes, does not mean that other immigrants who had nothing to do with Ms. Mohamud must pay for her mistakes - at price of $2.5million dollars-dollars that could be used in aid of those who really need it.

Edited by Thomas Kwon

Guest TrueMetis
Later alleges: to me, it sounds like a visible minority trying to play the liberal lottery.

Unless her allegations are proven to be true, then her allegation will mean nothing-maybe except perjury.

But did you notice the whole A document from Kenyan authorities specifies that officials believe her lips look different than those of the person in the passport photo part?

since when is a driver's license a form of international identification? And since when did fingerprints become ANY form of identification? What exactly is "other documents"? I bet CBC does not know either because it's probably some lie conjured up by either Ms. Mohamud or her lawyer.

so you went from

can you link me to an article which list her list of I.D's and whether or not they contained photos that resembled her face? Moreover, there is always the possibility that more than one individual named "Suaad Mohamud", and do not forget about the possibility of forged I.D's.

to Photo I.D. driver's licenses don't count.

Exactly. The picture is supposed to identify its holder. As far as I am aware, Ms. Mohamud did not produce any tangible proof to establish herself as the true holder of the passport via the means of legit international identification.

The basis of it not being her was her lips. Just her lips.

Please TrueMetis. Stop lying to yourself. I understand you hate the Canadian government, but just because you're a native ergo exempt from taxes, does not mean that other immigrants who had nothing to do with Ms. Mohamud must pay for her mistakes - at price of $2.5million dollars-dollars that could be used in aid of those who really need it.[/

I do pay taxes not all Natives are tax exempt.

Edited by TrueMetis

...The only way to deter the government from continually botching these files is to make the penalties so painful it'll think twice next time.

The bottom line in a democracy of course is that its us who are ultimately liable for our government's actions. We either need to demand more of it or expect more finacial slaps upside our heads. We really have no one to blame but ourselves.

Judging from the responses in this forum and from those regarding the compensation to Milgaard, Marshall, Stephen Truscott and anybody else wrongfully treated this kind of thing is going to happen a lot more.

Some people comment as if Maher Arar was one lucky dude who won the lottery.

What compensation? This should rightly be viewed as a fine and I think it should be much higher myself.

The purpose of a civil trial is to receive compensation for damages. There is no way 8 or 9 days in prison and then living in a motel for a few weeks is worth $2.5 million. That's insane. It's up there with Arar asking for $400 million.

The only way to deter the government from continually botching these files is to make the penalties so painful it'll think twice next time.

The bad press the government has gotten over this is more than enough motivation for them to make sure it doesn't occur again. Personally, I don't want to have to renew my passport every year or two which would likely be the first and practical step to prevent this.

If some looney judge awarded her a judgment it could be incredibly expensive and harmful to Canada's security. Every person who is wrongfully put on trial could use the judgement as a precedent as they could argue the same damages. It would be great for lawyers, but eventually we'd have to stop arresting people do to the cost.

We really have no one to blame but ourselves.

We could stand up for ourselves from those who are trying to take advantage of us. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Because it is treason to attempt to undermine your government's actions and establish case law that will virtually grant any terrorists free entry to Canada

My advice to you, after seeing you make similar statements in all of your posts, is to stop using the word "treason" until you actually appreciate what it means. Because clearly you do not.

Edited by Remiel

If some looney judge awarded her a judgment it could be incredibly expensive and harmful to Canada's security.

While I do not agree with the $2.5 million, I have to say that you are missing the point if you are arguing that the government paying a penalty is incredibly harmful to Canadian society instead of arguing that the government ignoring the rights of Canadians is incredibly harmful to Canadian society.

The purpose of a civil trial is to receive compensation for damages. There is no way 8 or 9 days in prison and then living in a motel for a few weeks is worth $2.5 million. That's insane.
for your own apparent gratification, you can continue to trivialize the events... however, this was a 3 month long ordeal with real impacts, real suffering.
The bad press the government has gotten over this is more than enough motivation for them to make sure it doesn't occur again. Personally, I don't want to have to renew my passport every year or two which would likely be the first and practical step to prevent this.
You can't be serious... this Harper Conservative government doesn't care as evidenced by their continual negligence, incompetence and suspect motives in the handling of numerous cases where Canadians abroad require assistance/support from their government. The "bad press" you describe is short lived and registers with most Canadians for a nominal period, if at all. As for your personal concerns about possibly needing to renew your passport yearly... you still don't get it... the passport photo difference ("different lips") was trumped up.
If some looney judge awarded her a judgment it could be incredibly expensive and harmful to Canada's security. Every person who is wrongfully put on trial could use the judgement as a precedent as they could argue the same damages. It would be great for lawyers, but eventually we'd have to stop arresting people do to the cost.
So clearly... you must have grave concerns over the $10million Harper handed over to Arar... and the harm Harper caused to Canada's security - right?
We could stand up for ourselves from those who are trying to take advantage of us. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Yup - you just don't get it... at all.

Guest American Woman

CBC

QUOTE: After the Kenyan government agrees to delay Mohamud's trial, Foreign Minister Lawrence Cannon tells reporters in Ottawa "there is no tangible proof" Mohamud is Canadian. "All Canadians who hold passports generally have a picture that is identical in their passport to what they claim to be," he says.

:blink:

A foreign minister that out of touch with reality is pretty scary.

The bad press the government has gotten over this is more than enough motivation for them to make sure it doesn't occur again.

If that's the case, how do you explain the government not learning from the mistakes of Milgaard, Marshall, Truscott, Arar etc etc? I guess it must be us that's not getting it.

Did any one you watch her in the committee hearings two weeks ago? I did and she isn't faking it! She broke down and cried when she got to the part she was put into jail. She had all the right documents but the guy in Kenya thought he could get some money from her, in other words he/ they were blackmailing her. Since Kenya authories said she wasn't who she said she was Canadian immgration went along with Kenya, and didn't believe her, even though she had loads of canadian documents to prove who she was. So she should sue but too bad its not the Tory party instead of the government or us taxpayers.

for your own apparent gratification, you can continue to trivialize the events... however, this was a 3 month long ordeal with real impacts, real suffering.

How about 8 days prison and 2.5 months living in a hotel isn't worth $2.5 million? The impacts and suffering are exaggerated and are unreasonable.

You can't be serious... this Harper Conservative government doesn't care as evidenced by their continual negligence, incompetence and suspect motives in the handling of numerous cases where Canadians abroad require assistance/support from their government.

Isn't that the same government that freed Michael Kapoustin after 13 years and as his lawyer says being abandoned by the previous government? And how about Huseyin Celil? Do these count or can you just pick and choose?

The "bad press" you describe is short lived and registers with most Canadians for a nominal period, if at all.

In your opinion, you mean. Bad press can have lasting impact.

As for your personal concerns about possibly needing to renew your passport yearly... you still don't get it... the passport photo difference ("different lips") was trumped up.

Has someone admitted to that?

So clearly... you must have grave concerns over the $10million Harper handed over to Arar... and the harm Harper caused to Canada's security - right?

Arar was given far too much money, but his case was unique because of the torture element.

Yup - you just don't get it... at all.

I've been on this board for quite a while, and you haven't got anything yet, so I'm still smiling.

I can only hope that you re-read what you wrote:

because terrorists don't exist at all...

I've been reading your posts...

I've concluded that you have no point whatsoever,other than to slurp the current party in power in Ottawa AND to spew forth crypto-fascist drivel....

It's to bad that the government can not and will never feel the sting of punitive damages paid to this person if it happenes. Seeing when and if you sue the government successfully - It's not their money they will hand over, so there will be no effect. Punitive awards are to ensure that the offender does not repeat the offence and action - that being showing no action where action was due - Citizenship is important and should be a great value - but if you have globalist such as Mayor David Miller runnning rampant - who has no loyality to any nation or city - well .....what hope is there in maintaining protection though citizenship of a marginal black former African nobody? They don't count here and they don't count abroad....If it was someone white and important - Ottawa would have had them out of there in a day...Really no point in paying this lady...it will just happen again to someone else..government is corporative and has no feelings...it's not like sueing a person.

Guest American Woman
It's to bad that the government can not and will never feel the sting of punitive damages paid to this person if it happenes. Seeing when and if you sue the government successfully - It's not their money they will hand over, so there will be no effect.

Hopefully since they don't feel it in their pocketbook, they will feel it on election day -- in the loss of their positions.

Hopefully since they don't feel it in their pocketbook, they will feel it on election day -- in the loss of their positions.

You and I both understand that if we are to travel the planet - or even move about domestically - we need full protection...American or Canadian - Look at the mess in Mexico - this failed state kills Canadians and Americans on a regular basis and our response is weak..as for election day - there are enough issues in the human rights arena to bring them down...if pushed..point is to educate the citizen and have them understand if you have a leader that does not protect you - then he has to go..because he is useless..it would be like a father that allows his children to be harmed while he sits in his underwear drinking beer and smoking pot - Ottawa has failed miserably in the citizen protection area - including that twit - in Cuba - Khdar --good guy or bad guy is not at issue - He is a family member - and we abandoned him...How many around the world including in China have been abandoned who hold Canadian citizenship? Seems that the elite doing buisness with offensive nations - really don't care about us _ if they did they would have instructed Harper to be more offensive and bring citizens home - along with soldiers being wasted also!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the facts had to come out sooner or later. As I read them, it seems pretty clear that there was reasonable doubt as to who she was.......as a matter of fact, I'm hard pressed to come to any other conclusion other that she was an imposter. The other other reason I can think of is that she's completely stupid. So.....should she get the 2.5 million? Should our government be "heavily punished"? Should Lawrence Cannon be "booted out of the country"? Gee now, I wonder if all this new information will show up in it's entirety on Page 1 of The Star....I won't hold my breath.

The government says Suaad Hagi Mohamud gave wrong answers and contradictory information in three separate interviews with Canadian officials in Kenya last May, according to court documents filed in Federal Court. The documents were filed in response to a motion for costs by Mohamud's lawyer Raoul Boulakia.

In one interview with the Canadian High Commission in Nairobi, Mohamud indicated she was a student at Humber College and was studying fashion design. But in another interview, she denied it and said she was only thinking about going to school at Seneca College.

The documents allege she lacked knowledge about Toronto, where she had lived for 10 years. She couldn't name Lake Ontario, and even though she took public transit to work, she had trouble explaining the acronym TTC, the Toronto Transit Commission.

She didn't know that the acronym for her Toronto workplace, ATS, stood for Andlauer Transportation Services. She also couldn't name the current or previous prime minister and was unable to describe in any detail how she obtained her driver's licence.

The documents also allege she gave a wrong date for her son's birthday and couldn't provide details on the circumstances or place of his birth.

Mohamud also provided an incorrect date of her marriage, saying first that she was married in 2006, which contradicted the July 4, 1996, date on her immigration application. Mohamud divorced her first husband and married a Kenyan man in December 2007.

The Canadian High Commission officer who conducted the interviews said Mohamud looked different from her passport photo, that she was six or seven centimetres shorter than her driver's licence stated and that her signature wasn't the same.

By the end of the second hour-long interview, the officer suspected he was talking to an impostor, possibly Mohamud's younger sister, according to the documents.

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/09/28/...it-mohamud.html

Edited by Keepitsimple

The government says..? :lol:

The original story never made much sense. Now we see the differences in the photos are pretty severe. And given her inability to answer so many obvious question, her changing her answers, her wrong answers, even on things like her sons birth, I'm not at all surprised they decided she was an imposter.

Unfortunately, trading, selling and loaning passports is a widespread behaviour pattern among immigrants. The government needs to bring in high tech passports which will put a stop to that.

Because of privacy issues, the Federal government was unable to disclose the information gathered that led to the Mohamud ordeal. Her $2.5 million dollar lawsuit opened the door for the government to introduce sworn testimony of the three interviews that were conducted that led authorities to believe she was an imposter. Keep in mind that Mohamud is a Canadian citizen who has lived in Toronto for 10 years. Aside from the fact that she looked different than in previous pictures, key points include:

1) She didn't know the name of the lake (Lake Ontario)

2) She didn't know who the current or former Prime Minister was

3) She didn't know the name of the mayor of Toronto

4) She didn't know what TTC stood for, although she took it every day

5) She didn't know where her son was born

6) She got his birth date wrong

7) She got the month AND the year of her marriage wrong

8) She was 6 or 7 cm shorter than her driver's license indicated

9) She could not describe any of the process for how she obtained a driver's license

10) Her signature on the driver's licence and immigration forms differed significantly from what she provided

11) She could not name any of her son's school teachers

12) She said she was attending Humber college but could not correctly name any professors.

Is this woman just incredibly stupid or is there even MORE to this story......and what do you think of the consulate/government's actions now?

Link to CBC story: http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=49780

Link to The Star story: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/703085