Suaad Hagi Mohamud

noahbody

it's racial and religiously motivated...remember Brenda Martin who the Mexican police say is a criminal and all the fuss created by this poor "white" woman falsely accused in a mexican prison? how do canadians know she was falsely accused? but we get the conservative government stepping up to help this "white" victim of supposed injustice with no thought to she may be guilty of a crime as charged...then we have a coloured muslim woman with an official Canadian passport accused of nothing thrown in prison on Canadian government request because her passport photo is poor...as is my passport photo and I can't answer most of those questions either? can I be expected to be thrown into prison too next time I leave the country? unlikely as I'm white and not a muslim...

You are one angry person and you do an injustice to the term racist. Brenda Martin was in custody for two years in a Mexican prison, eventually found guilty and was returned through a prisoner transfer agreement in May of 2008. She was released on parole shortly thereafter as credit for time served. You argument should be with Liberal Hand-wringers and the media for playing up the ordeal. The Conservative government simply tried to speed up the Mexican judicial process. Suaad Mohamud on the other hand (if it was her), spent 8 days in jail and the Canadian government is now trying to swort through this mess.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's racial and religiously motivated...remember Brenda Martin who the Mexican police say is a criminal and all the fuss created by this poor "white" woman falsely accused in a mexican prison? how do canadians know she was falsely accused? but we get the conservative government stepping up to help this "white" victim of supposed injustice with no thought to she may be guilty of a crime as charged...then we have a coloured muslim woman with an official Canadian passport accused of nothing thrown in prison on Canadian government request because her passport photo is poor...as is my passport photo and I can't answer most of those questions either? can I be expected to be thrown into prison too next time I leave the country? unlikely as I'm white and not a muslim...

I seem to remember that:

1) she wasn't falsely accused

2)she whine and complained that Ottawa wasn't doing enough for her.

answering the same questions, or ones similar and relevant to my area, I can answer only two correctly...am I stupid, hardly... I could reverse your assesment and say people who memorize unimportant details like that are shallow and stupid...my memory is excellent for things that I deem important; mundane and trival stuff like in those questions don't concern me, why would anyone waste the time memorizing something so unimportant...I could come up with a list of questions that would stump this forum, things that I think are important but aren't relevant to anyone else...

Your JOKING right, only 2 questions, Shit i lived in northern ontario for 10 years, only visted Toronto 5 or 6 times and i got most of the questions right....Maybe she never slept on the couch for forgetting your wifes birthday, or spent serveral nights on the same couch for forgeting a wedding date, much less your SON's birthday, which hospital he was born in, which city he was born in....while i don't everything about those days i would not consider them trival things....unless info....shit those are 3 or 4 questions right there....

So i'll take your test .....give me a list of WYLY question that could be used to indentify me ones that would expose me for an imposter....

Edited by Army Guy

I seem to remember that:

1) she wasn't falsely accused

2)she whine and complained that Ottawa wasn't doing enough for her.

it just strikes me as a double standard and the reaction from canadians and our government are very different the two cases...one person in in prison on flimsy evidence and government does all it can to help and the other person has done nothing and the government wants her thrown in prison on flimsy evidence...

a judge I trust will sort through the mess and come up with an fair decision...

it just strikes me as a double standard and the reaction from canadians and our government are very different the two cases...one person in in prison on flimsy evidence and government does all it can to help and the other person has done nothing and the government wants her thrown in prison on flimsy evidence...

a judge I trust will sort through the mess and come up with an fair decision...

That's prettty fine abstract logic if you can deduce a double standard from two completely different circumstances. Why not throw in the Samson case while you at it....

I honestly don't recall the government getting praised of the fast action of the Martin case.

Your JOKING right, only 2 questions, Shit i lived in northern ontario for 10 years, only visted Toronto 5 or 6 times and i got most of the questions right....Maybe she never slept on the couch for forgetting your wifes birthday, or spent serveral nights on the same couch for forgeting a wedding date, much less your SON's birthday, which hospital he was born in, which city he was born in....while i don't everything about those days i would not consider them trival things....unless info....shit those are 3 or 4 questions right there....

So i'll take your test .....give me a list of WYLY question that could be used to indentify me ones that would expose me for an imposter....

How many questions could you answer correctly about where I live? I have very little interest in the names of the landmarks around my city, I don't care about my cities politics it holds no interest for me I know the name of the mayor and one alderman, I don't even particularly like my city, I know the name of the two rivers here but don't know which is which, I just don't care...personal dates are irrelevant to me, the day of the week, month or year mean nothing either, it's just another day, my age doesn't matter to me I forget so that as well...birthdays, sorry I find them trivial and unimportant I rarely know when it's my birthday until my kids give me a present, it just doesn't matter to me, my wife or kids remind me of significant dates...my marriage anniversary is one of the rare personal dates I do remember, forgetting isn't advisable, but I have forgotten it when it came up...I remember the year/month of my son's birth but forget the day(always one day of)...one daughter I get the year wrong the other one the day...my wife the year is always wrong...I was there for all my kids birthdays and recall each moment that was important, the random numbers that went with them are not, they're only numbers...

any test I give you would have to be in person wouldn't it?? with the internet everyone is a genius...I'm sure you could give me a test that I would fail...everyone has their own knowledge unique to their interests

How many questions could you answer correctly about where I live?

I could probably answer more than a few. I know that the mighty bow flows in Calgary. TYhat the St lawrence and rivier des prairie skirts montreal, the Detroit graces Winsdor, and as Stockwell Day learned, the Niagara empties into lake ontraio....

That's prettty fine abstract logic if you can deduce a double standard from two completely different circumstances. Why not throw in the Samson case while you at it....

I honestly don't recall the government getting praised of the fast action of the Martin case.

correct two absolutely different cases...one person in prison for a crime the other for commiting no crime...why help the criminal and persecute the non criminal...

Indeed, a quite mysterious case (inability to get all 12 answers wrong simply defeats the logic; on the other hand, DNA testing is a hard science too). Methinks we're best hold off the apologies (and hold on to our $$ millions) while somebody could have a close look as to what has actually transpired.

correct two absolutely different cases...one person in prison for a crime the other for commiting no crime...why help the criminal and persecute the non criminal...

Yet not a hint of racial discrimination. Perhaps if she didn't send someone else to the meeting nopne of this would have happened.

Guest American Woman
...she apparently did provide fingerprints for a criminal record check when she applied to immigrate and consular officials did take her fingerprints and try to compare them to that record, however, it turns out the fingerprint records used for immigration purposes are destroyed after a person is granted permission to immigrate.

Unfortunately, it took time to take her fingerprints and then discover that her previously provided fingerprints had been destroyed. This go around was one of the reasons for the delay.

I wonder why the media doesn't clarify that. It makes it sound as if her prints were there, and Canada just did nothing about it when she offered to provide them. Very misleading.

Guest American Woman
QUOTE: you can't get on an international flight without a passport...

True. Yet, passports may be bogus and/or flushed down the aircraft toilet.

You can't get back in the country without it either, so flushing it down the toilet wouldn't have been an option. Makes one wonder how the 'real' Suaad Mohamud expected to get back into Canada if someone else was already there having used her passport.

I wonder why the media doesn't clarify that. It makes it sound as if her prints were there, and Canada just did nothing about it when she offered to provide them. Very misleading.
I got that info from an interview with her lawyer on CBC before she was allowed to return. Perhaps the lawyer no longer thinks that is a detail that helps her case.

Although there may be facts that exonerate the government on this one I do need to remind myself that is want I thought about RCMP tasering at the Vancouver airport. The exonerating facts have never appeared in that case.

You can't get back in the country without it either, so flushing it down the toilet wouldn't have been an option. Makes one wonder how the 'real' Suaad Mohamud expected to get back into Canada if someone else was already there having used her passport.

yup, you won't get past airport security at the international gate, you're stuck there....and then if anyone has seen the latest passports, it's not like the movies a counterfit passport of the technical quality now used would be near impossible to attain and certianly financially out of the reach of an ordinary mom...

There was something in the article about "slightly different spelling of the name". That would certainly take care of the problem.

Besides, I'm not sure what kind of checks we have for "already there". How many John Smiths from Toronto are flying in, daily? If it was a smuggling operation, and all went smoothly, I doubt anybody would need to worry about Ms Mohammud and Mz Mohammood (example) both being in Toronto, for a long time.

how bizarre, you come up with theories with absolutely no evidence and concoct a completely lame fraud scheme...if her sister came to Canada on her passport how does she explain how she got in the country when she applies for refugee status? using her sisters passport? that's a serious offense for her and her sister if she gave it to her...how does her sister get back into the country without a passport??? you can't get on an international flight without a passport...

There's this thing called - mail - whereeby you can send little objects like passports back and forth.

Or she could simply have had someone else, a relative, say, carry it.

A serious offense? It happens all the time and there are very, rarely charges for it, even when caught.

No need to make up some big, complicated scenario. In most cases, these people have multiple passports anyway, one Canadian, one from their "home" country.

And Canada's passport system is so backward that we have no idea when someone is here or when they leave. Canada does not stamp passports on exit, so in fact, it's possible to simply mail or courier your passport to a relative, and have them travel back to Caanda on it.

Then we should have some evidence that the person detained was someone other than who was on the passport, right?

I'd think her inability to answer any of the questions constituted evidence - not to mention that she doesn't look like her passport photo and is shorter than her drivers licence says she should be.

but how hard did they try to confirm her identity? didn't a kid in TO with no mother not ring any alarm bells?

Somalians in Canada routinely trade kids around in order to "prove" they qualify for larger family benefits and welfare payments.

There was something in the article about "slightly different spelling of the name". That would certainly take care of the problem.

Besides, I'm not sure what kind of checks we have for "already there". How many John Smiths from Toronto are flying in, daily? If it was a smuggling operation, and all went smoothly, I doubt anybody would need to worry about Ms Mohammud and Mz Mohammood (example) both being in Toronto, for a long time.

guess what...the government has a different spelling for my name...I had a battle with a low level bureaucrat telling me I was mistaken and I would be refused documentation...I had to go over her head to Ottawa where she was over ruled...

I had to produce documentation to prove I entered the country legally(two yr olds can criminals apparently)...my mother signed my name as it should be done but the immigration official on the same document printed it differently, so who would be correct my mother or the immigration official?...Ottawa agreed my mother was correct...

Because they don't seem to have done anything after she was detained to ensure she was who she said she was.

That's not the way the system works. It is up to the individual to prove their identity, not the government to disprove it.

Try showing up at a service counter some day and asking for your cheque. When they ask you to prove your identity, demand they prove you're NOT who you say you are.

Guest American Woman
I got that info from an interview with her lawyer on CBC before she was allowed to return. Perhaps the lawyer no longer thinks that is a detail that helps her case.

I just read about how she offered her fingerprints in an article dated September 29, 2009, though, so seems to me that's misleading. I assumed she offered her prints and nothing was done about it since that's the way it comes across in the article.

Although there may be facts that exonerate the government on this one I do need to remind myself that is want I thought about RCMP tasering at the Vancouver airport. The exonerating facts have never appeared in that case.

One problem I can see with the DNA testing is that they would have to test a minor in order to verify hers, and since the minor's mother was out of the country, she couldn't give permission, and perhaps because of the divorce, getting permission from the dad had to go through the courts if mom had custody? Sounds far-fetched even to me, but then legalities often are far-fetched to my way of thinking.

As for the airport tasering, I've tried to find follow-up information on that at different times, and never was able to get an update. I assume there was no lawsuit associated with that, or the results would have made the news. It's too bad we don't know the outcome of so many of these incidents once the initial media frenzy dies down.